Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast
    3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tzacharu View Post
    New update adds many times more zombies. I went through a village in the dark to see how many there were. I ended up killing 38, and died with five on me, and I probably got through half the village.
    Basically forces you to be in a team now. You cannot even carry enough bullets to clean a bigger village now, let alone they respawn within the next 5min again.

The developers are insane obviously. I understand upping the zombie amount by 100% or even 200% and the respawn time by just as much, but that is like 1000% up.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pZombie View Post
    Basically forces you to be in a team now. You cannot even carry enough bullets to clean a bigger village now, let alone they respawn within the next 5min again.

The developers are insane obviously. I understand upping the zombie amount by 100% or even 200% and the respawn time by just as much, but that is like 1000% up.
    you are playing wrong then

i can get through some towns and loot without dieing sure you have to kill a few zombies but maybe try and sneak instead of sprinting through?

since the last patch (1.5.6) the game has been pretty much PvP. zombies were not a threat at all... they are a massive threat now
    Last edited by ddhx; 05-14-2012 at 05:06.

3000+

Let's get a group going. I just tried playing solo and it's confusing as fuck
    We should celebrate March 2013 as the month Off-Topic went Full Retard.

8000+

Aww.. damn... I like being solo

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by ddhx View Post

i can get through some towns and loot without dieing sure you have to kill a few zombies but maybe try and sneak instead of sprinting through?

since the last patch (1.5.6) the game has been pretty much PvP. zombies were not a threat at all... they are a massive threat now
    Yep, but zombies hear gunshots... they come after you. The crossbow might turn out useful now after all.

8000+

Yep, but zombies hear gunshots... they come after you. The crossbow might turn out useful now after all.
    shit I didn't even know there was a crossbow, what doesn't this game have

3000+

crawling + crossbow = win now. It's amazing how close you can be to the zombies when you crawl, without them going wacko

The lack of a map, people can just open up a map they googled on their second monitor or within the overlay browser of steam.
    Who cares? It makes the game more realistic, if people want to alt tab to get a general idea of where they are, let them. No map until you find one adds to the realism.

Permadeath, will in the long run result in people running an armada of mules and log on with two different profiles. All you need is two accounts, and have the second account have all different profiles (unless it is one profile per game which i have not checked yet
    I highly doubt someone is going to take the time to build a mule character. It wouldn't matter anyways, because you spawn in completely random areas along the shore, it could take up to an hour of walking just to reach your 'mule'. No one is going to take the time to do that.

This game needs a lot more ideas to make it interesting in the long run.
    As it is now, BF3 beats it in every regard when it comes to combat.
    Black Ops Zombie mod beats it in every regard when it comes to the fun of killing an endless stream of zombies.
    This game is not about killing an endless stream of zombies, or combat. Its about survival, teamwork, and trust. Only a mindless CoD idiot would play this game just to "shoot zombies"

Take the criticism with a pint of salt, since this is not even a beta, but an alpha and i actually enjoy the game even at this state it is now.
    Im surprised you enjoy it with the criticism you have toward the core aspects of the game.
    Last edited by ZeroCool; 05-14-2012 at 05:56.
    Astinus Darksoul - Scourge

Anti-Grind Coalition
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/group.php?groupid=109
    Save Darkfalls population today.

Zombie count before patch was an average of 150-200. Now im seeing 500-600, thats perfect.

Before the patch I was a bandit because there weren't many zombies to be afraid of. Now this patch makes people think smarter, gives them incentives to work in a team and not go around PKing people. Again, this game is not about going around and killing zombies, its about being smart and surviving. With this many zombies, it forces you to do that.
    Astinus Darksoul - Scourge

Anti-Grind Coalition
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/group.php?groupid=109
    Save Darkfalls population today.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by ddhx View Post

you are right, it is much better now. Forcing you to crawl, or move while ducked as a trade of, risking more but moving faster

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Rigan Pere View Post
    Russian server, filled with Russians video gaming, you wonder why you don't get a problem joining their servers? -_-

Anyone have an Arma 2 acc they want to let me use for an hour to see if I can run it? pretty please!

really wanna play this game but dunno if my shitty pc can handle it
    Just try the Arma2 free demo.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    Zombie count before patch was an average of 150-200. Now im seeing 500-600, thats perfect.

Before the patch I was a bandit because there weren't many zombies to be afraid of. Now this patch makes people think smarter, gives them incentives to work in a team and not go around PKing people. Again, this game is not about going around and killing zombies, its about being smart and surviving. With this many zombies, it forces you to do that.
    That's a bit stretched...

If it really was only about surviving, you would grab a knife and some matches and run in middle of nowhere inside some forest, hunt pigs and gutt them for meat, with as many water bottles you would now and then fill up at the sea (this is a bit unrealistic, considering you cannot drink sea water without distilling it first)

Its not about survival? I kill people for cans of beans and pepsi. I try to avoid zombies all together and hunt unresponsive players along the coast until i have enough supplies to travel north. I'm not shootin a zombie unless its chasing me.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by TumorousGrowth View Post
    Its not about survival? I kill people for cans of beans and pepsi. I try to avoid zombies all together and hunt unresponsive players along the coast until i have enough supplies to travel north. I'm not shootin a zombie unless its chasing me.
    I explained above how to survive best, without ever getting in a fight once you got the required items. So no, it is not about survival even though it is named a survival game.
    The game is basically about nothing, other than setting your own goals, which could be anything from trying to survive until you get bored, raiding a hotspot, etc.

If you stretch it enough, then every fps is about survival. Just because there are zombies and because you are called a survivor and the game has been labeled a survival shooter by many, does not make it so.

I was thinking the other night that the zombie count had to be raised. In fact, it seemed like a couple weeks ago the numbers were much higher, but then they had dwindled. Either way, I was just rambo-ing through towns with no qualms clearing out the zombies. I'm glad it's not this simple anymore.

I do think silencers should be a tad more prominent, or be there other means (along with the crossbow) for a silent kill. This is just the zombie apocalypse part of me talking.
    Philnaer Grimtrove
    Senior Detective
    Glory Seeker
    Servant of the Great Beard