Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 91011 ... LastLast

See yall in game, picked up ArmA II CO yesterday on steam.
    IGN: Solonius
    Darkfall moderators are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business other than Darkfall Board moderating, our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

this mod is best DRM any game could wish for

can't play with crack and boosts sales by 600%, we could get such great content in games if EA/Ubisoft wouldnt waste millions in useless protections that don't work
    Last edited by Laxe; 05-20-2012 at 15:48.

Normal User

For those who have steam, don't forget to join
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DayZfall

myself

3000+

For those who might have issues getting the game to run, still. Or for those who just want a simple icon on their desktop without the need for any 3rd party software, you can do this.

Find your steam directory and create a shortcut of the steam.exe, then drag the shortcut to the desktop

left click -> properties and edit the shortcut

Edit Target to look like this (replace the red marked with whatever are your directories) - to find the game number of arma2ao you can have steam create a shortcut on your desktop and then right click ->properties. For me it looks like this steam://rungameid/33930

C:\steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 33930 "-mod=c:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;EXPANSION;ca" -mod=@dayZ -nosplash

After clicking ok. This shortcut will get you right into arma2 combined operations with dayZ loaded. Just filter the servers to show only dayZ and you are ready to go.

You will know that it is combined operations, if it has two, instead of just one icon of arma bottom left of the screen.

If you do have arma2&operation arrowhead, but no steam you can do about the same, but without the steam.exe, which would look like this

"C:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe" "-mod=c:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;EXPANSION;ca" -mod=@dayZ -nosplash

again, replace the folders marked red, with whatever your folders are accordingly

here is a picture of about how it will look like

http://postimage.org/image/7bhij423p/

this guide assumes that you copied the dayZ mod files into your Operation Arrowhead main folder under a folder you created named @dayZ\Addons
    Last edited by pZombie; 05-20-2012 at 18:39.

2000+

Combined Operations is still available for 15 dollars on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Meridian4-4036...7537561&sr=1-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Sagan
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzacharu View Post
    Combined Operations is still available for 15 dollars on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Meridian4-4036...7537561&sr=1-1
    Is there any way to get that outside of the USA ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chipatama View Post
    Is there any way to get that outside of the USA ?
    use this, http://incloak.com/premium/demo/

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Bearo Dactyl View Post
    Got my server up, dallas 13.. feel free.
    Is your server usually full? I was considering putting one up but if you have one running and its populated I'll save the cash and join it. Also if it is populated is there open slots?

Havn't played it yet, d/l the game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    games that are 100% twitch base are also shallow and don't leave very much room for strategy/tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by TumorousGrowth View Post
    i think the real problem is I'm not doing what i want to do in game. That's teaming up with friends, and hunting other players. Being a super cautious lonewolf gets boring after 15 hours.

So do that? Don't blame the game because you're playing like a pussy.

The little Bluetail that could.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Dysnomia Fury View Post

So do that? Don't blame the game because you're playing like a pussy.
    nah. He's blaming the game cause it's hard as fuck to regroup.
    Servers will go down at 3AM GMT and stay down for 5 hours. We confirmed that the new controllers cleared customs and are in the data center.
    Sorry we mistook the EU and the NA server.

Some dick sniped by brain out in Cherno yesterday. Was good times.
    Philnaer Grimtrove
    Senior Detective
    Glory Seeker
    Servant of the Great Beard

Banned US1 Player

me and my friends switched servers about 8 times with long load queues really annoying just to find a server we can play with some day light as we have zero supplies and are split up, after over a hour of this i give up, its just annoying

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Machinistlol View Post
    me and my friends switched servers about 8 times with long load queues really annoying just to find a server we can play with some day light as we have zero supplies and are split up, after over a hour of this i give up, its just annoying
    Just like you quit darkfall Was said at the start, if you have no patience, don't try this game.

Vapourware or reality? We'll know Soon™ !!

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia Del View Post
    nah. He's blaming the game cause it's hard as fuck to regroup.
    i was blaming myself, so i traveled back down to the coast. Its really fucking boring up north. Still playin the same character.

The name is Slippery Pete. Look out for me on the Dallas servers. The only servers I can connect to for some reason.