Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    1000+
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,177

    Default Command and Conquer: Tiberium Alliances

    Anyone in Forumfall playing this?

    Browser strategy MMO based on C&C

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command...rium_Alliances

  2. #2

    Default

    Yes I am playing. Think it is NA World 8 or something like that. It's slow as hell, but something to do in a browser while at work.

    "I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." - Edward Gibbon

    Twitter Profile | Youtube Page | Twitch.tv Channel

  3. #3

    Default

    Was pretty good and fast-paced during the earliest closed beta. Then they decided to slow the game down to snails pace and instead sell resources that you'd normally gain from playing, in the itemshop instead.

    So it went from a very good brower game, to just another P2W browser game.
    Raap "Hitler" Naap, Tyrant of Moradar, Savior of EU

    The BlackHand Order

  4. #4
    PvP Specialist
    5000+
    KoKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,718

    Default

    Got bored once I had multiple bases and most research done
    Reforged
    Guard Tower fixes/updates

    I removed 2 suggestions from my sig because one was implemented and the other was addressed.

  5. #5

    Default

    I am having a tough time being able to afford any research. Level 14 and can only afford to research the missile dudes...

    "I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." - Edward Gibbon

    Twitter Profile | Youtube Page | Twitch.tv Channel

  6. #6
    1000+
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Seal View Post
    Yes I am playing. Think it is NA World 8 or something like that. It's slow as hell, but something to do in a browser while at work.
    It doesn't require much time though.

    Quote Originally Posted by raapnaap View Post
    Was pretty good and fast-paced during the earliest closed beta. Then they decided to slow the game down to snails pace and instead sell resources that you'd normally gain from playing, in the itemshop instead.

    So it went from a very good brower game, to just another P2W browser game.
    You get all resources playing, the only thing you can buy in the itemshop is increased capacity for command points, repairing time etc...

    Also, you can get those itemshop points by watching videos or doing polls. The importance of these points is little. I have a decent amount and rarely use them.

    Quote Originally Posted by KoKane View Post
    Got bored once I had multiple bases and most research done
    I assume you played the closed beta. It takes longer now and anyway conquering territories is really fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Seal View Post
    I am having a tough time being able to afford any research. Level 14 and can only afford to research the missile dudes...
    As you probably know, attacking camps/outposts gives you research points. The higher the level of the camp/outpost, the more research points you get.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcloudd View Post

    You get all resources playing, the only thing you can buy in the itemshop is increased capacity for command points, repairing time etc...

    Also, you can get those itemshop points by watching videos or doing polls. The importance of these points is little. I have a decent amount and rarely use them.
    Nah, you can buy resource production boosts and flat amounts of resources (tiberium, crystal and credits), in addition to command and repair point cap increases. The 'supply' points are not the same, they are just an added gimmick on top of the game which allows you to use supply crate items. These items are rather rare but you can also buy them in the shop...

    Point is, during CB all this was free, but got reduces so they could instead charge you money for it. This is as P2W as it gets; You can buy yourself a victory by boosting your resources, resource production, attack capabilities and research speed.

    Incase you wonder though I still log in once or twice a day on closed beta server 1, to click 5 times before my non-paying caps fill out for the next 12 hours (I have a level 28 base, it gets worse as you progress).
    Last edited by raapnaap; 05-02-2012 at 00:05.
    Raap "Hitler" Naap, Tyrant of Moradar, Savior of EU

    The BlackHand Order

  8. #8

    Default

    world 12 with 11 friends, quite fun

    this is definitely best browser game out there, and doesn't require you to camp it 24/7 like some other do

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raapnaap View Post
    Nah, you can buy resource production boosts and flat amounts of resources (tiberium, crystal and credits), in addition to command and repair point cap increases. The 'supply' points are not the same, they are just an added gimmick on top of the game which allows you to use supply crate items. These items are rather rare but you can also buy them in the shop...

    Point is, during CB all this was free, but got reduces so they could instead charge you money for it. This is as P2W as it gets; You can buy yourself a victory by boosting your resources, resource production, attack capabilities and research speed.

    Incase you wonder though I still log in once or twice a day on closed beta server 1, to click 5 times before my non-paying caps fill out for the next 12 hours (I have a level 28 base, it gets worse as you progress).
    boxes are not that rare, if you dont waste your CP

    my supply points are below 100 all the time only from pve, the item shop is balanced with it and works quite well
    Last edited by Laxe; 05-02-2012 at 03:05.

  10. #10
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    153

    Default

    played for 10 min then was like "wtf am i doing" realized I had been zombied and quit immediately because it was mindless.

  11. #11
    2000+
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,303

    Default

    Some kind of FarmVille reskin? No thank you.

    muddymess

  12. #12
    4000+
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    4,159

    Default

    stronghold kingdoms ftw.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigan Pere View Post
    stronghold kingdoms ftw.
    after few week playing it got terrible, not to mention the base building with tower next to tower ruined the castle feel

  14. #14
    5000+ Vor'Dus[DiE]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,383

    Default

    Played it for a few hours, felt shit so I left. The only good browser is sadly still only Travian, you dont have to p2w in that game
    Vordus Shadowlord, creation of evil and darkness of the Alfar land

    Hythero Toughleaf, protector of the Mirdain forest

  15. #15
    3000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    I wish someone would make a decent high quality strategy/rts browser game that wasn't such a pay2win cash grab where the only way to get ahead was purchasing extra power boosts.

    I wouldn't mind paying some money upfront, then a subscription for something like that, as long as everyone was on equal footing with no cash grab store.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •