Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678 LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by philipc4 View Post
    You missed the point.

Furthermore, you not only missed the point, but you were an ignorant asshole about it.

I don't want to pay your health insurance if you're smoking. I feel like that is reasonable.
    Neither do I if you're eating sugar, fat, breathing toxic fumes from cars or getting run over by them.
    Last edited by Bissen; 05-02-2012 at 16:21.

1000+

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/p...essional/page4

Cannabinoids may cause antitumor effects by various mechanisms, including induction of cell death, inhibition of cell growth, and inhibition of tumor angiogenesis and metastasis.[9-11] Cannabinoids appear to kill tumor cells but do not affect their nontransformed counterparts and may even protect them from cell death.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...ijuana-smoking

It wouldn't have mattered if Bill Clinton inhaled, as far as his lungs are concerned. Smoking up to a joint per day doesn't seem to decrease lung function, according to a study published in Jan. 11 edition of Journal of the American Medical Association.

In fact, occasional marijuana use was associated with slight increases in lung airflow rates and increases in lung volume, the study found.

The study, led by Mark Pletcher of the University of California, San Francisco, compared the effects of both cigarette and marijuana smoking over a period of 20 years in a group of more than 5,000 adults, part of a longitudinal study called Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA).

The data revealed nothing new about tobacco: As exposure to tobacco goes up, lung capacity in terms of the amount of air a smoker can exhale goes down. It's a linear relationship.

Not so with marijuana. More pot smoking was associated with increases in lung capacity up to a level equivalent to about one joint per day for seven years or one joint per week for up to 49 years. Only at levels of marijuana smoking higher than this did the researchers see a leveling off and then potential reversal of this relationship to improved lung capacity.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,196678,00.html

While a clear increase in cancer risk was seen among cigarette smokers in the study, no such association was seen for regular cannabis users.

Even very heavy, long-term marijuana users who had smoked more than 22,000 joints over a lifetime seemed to have no greater risk than infrequent marijuana users or nonusers.

The findings surprised the study’s researchers, who expected to see an increase in cancer among people who smoked marijuana regularly in their youth.

The heaviest marijuana users in the study had smoked more than 22,000 joints, while moderately heavy smokers had smoked between 11,000 and 22,000 joints.

While two-pack-a-day or more cigarette smokers were found to have a 20-fold increase in lung cancer risk, no elevation in risk was seen for even the very heaviest marijuana smokers.

So why isn’t smoking marijuana as dangerous as smoking cigarettes in terms of cancer risk?

The answer isn’t clear, but the experts say it might have something to do with tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, which is a chemical found in marijuana smoke.

Cellular studies and even some studies in animal models suggest that THC has antitumor properties, either by encouraging the death of genetically damaged cells that can become cancerous or by restricting the development of the blood supply that feeds tumors, Tashkin tells WebMD.

In a review of the research published last fall, University of Colorado molecular biologist Robert Melamede, PhD, concluded that the THC in cannabis seems to lessen the tumor-promoting properties of marijuana smoke.
    I remember hearing of a couple studies over the years where the thc coated the lungs, protecting the lung from smoke damage.

According to the National Cancer Institute, it has anti tumor properties that protect the lungs. *see top quote and link*

The other study tracks 5100 people for 20 years and there was absolutely no decrease in lung capacity, if anything tokers had slightly increased lung capacity.

3rd quote is from your trusted source, Fox news, for all you right wingers. Notice the bolded and orange parts.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tehWise View Post
    I remember hearing of a couple studies over the years where the thc coated the lungs, protecting the lung from smoke damage.

According to the National Cancer Institute, it has anti tumor properties that protect the lungs. *see top quote and link*

The other study tracks 5100 people for 20 years and there was absolutely no decrease in lung capacity, if anything tokers had slightly increased lung capacity.

3rd quote is from your trusted source, Fox news, for all you right wingers. Notice the bolded and orange parts.
    So if cigarette smokers started consuming THC it would benefit society.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    So if cigarette smokers started consuming THC it would benefit society.
    lol think of it in terms of fast food, instead of joints, if you ate at McDonalds 22,000 times over your lifetime, would that have a positive or negative impact on your health?

*Looks around at fellow Americans* doesn't even take 22,000 trips to make us a bunch of impotent, beached wales with diabetes in our 20's, heart disease being more common than not, and brains clogged with the same saturated fat causing the limp dicks, angina, and heart disease.

Neither do I if you're eating sugar, fat, breathing toxic fumes from cars or getting run over by them.
    Hyperbole.

That's interesting. If this THC thing is for real, then apparently Marijuana is literally designed for smoking in every facet. Hard to believe, but possible. I'm going to look further into it; thank you for the links.
    Philnaer Grimtrove
    Senior Detective
    Glory Seeker
    Servant of the Great Beard

Banned

Hyperbole.
    Not in the slightest. You don't want to pay for others fuck ups. Neither do I. Be a double standard fool all you like. The difference is non existent.
    Last edited by Bissen; 05-02-2012 at 17:09.

1000+

I am no bigot, nor a Junky.....my view on Marijuana is the following:

It is not part of Western culture (as opposite to alcohol)...just as acohol was not part of Native American or Native Australian culture....

Alcohol, unmanageble for them, helped bring to an end (espoecially from a Moral point of view) the decaying Native cultures, in the same way Marijuana helps bring an end to our decadent West...... disappearence of male/female roles, destruction of the family and of the sense of community, respect of the elders etc... are all (partially) causes and consequences of this stuff and of this "culture"...enjoy our twilight.....Junkies

Regards
    HG
    "Let us control the money of a nation, and we care not who makes its laws" Mayer Amschel "Rothschild"

1000+

Hyperbole.

That's interesting. If this THC thing is for real, then apparently Marijuana is literally designed for smoking in every facet. Hard to believe, but possible. I'm going to look further into it; thank you for the links.
    I initially heard it on NPR a couple years ago. Another thing about herb is there's THC and CBD (cannabinoids) which are naturally in your brain.

CBD's counteract THC, having a higher ratio of THC has more "mental" effects, such as paranoia which some people experience the first time they try it, or after taking a break and coming back to it.

CBD's have more of the body effects and is better for pain treatments, anti inflamation, and general aura or euphoria.

The shiny "crystals", which are trichomes, start out as almost pure THC, and as the plant matures they convert to CBD's, changing from clear to "amber" color. A grower checks his plants with a magnifying glass throughout the weeks prior to harvest. Different people have different preferences. Typically a grower will harvest their own stash early, then let the rest go another 2 weeks as it "bulks" up in weight as it matures. Usually you harvest when 30-50% of the trichomes have converted to "amber" color.

It's a lot more complicated than most people think, different genetic strains have different attributes, different harvest times give different attributes, and different environmental conditions (lighting, soil, nutrients, infestations) give different attributes/results.

Not in the slightest. You don't want to pay for others fuck ups. Neither do I. Be a double standard fool all you like. The difference is non existent.
    We both know that you aren't that stupid, so quit acting it.

I initially heard it on NPR a couple years ago. Another thing about herb is there's THC and CBD (cannabinoids) which are naturally in your brain.

CBD's counteract THC, having a higher ratio of THC has more "mental" effects, such as paranoia which some people experience the first time they try it, or after taking a break and coming back to it.

CBD's have more of the body effects and is better for pain treatments, anti inflamation, and general aura or euphoria.

The shiny "crystals", which are trichomes, start out as almost pure THC, and as the plant matures they convert to CBD's, changing from clear to "amber" color. A grower checks his plants with a magnifying glass throughout the weeks prior to harvest. Different people have different preferences. Typically a grower will harvest their own stash early, then let the rest go another 2 weeks as it "bulks" up in weight as it matures. Usually you harvest when 30-50% of the trichomes have converted to "amber" color.

It's a lot more complicated than most people think, different genetic strains have different attributes, different harvest times give different attributes, and different environmental conditions (lighting, soil, nutrients, infestations) give different attributes/results.
    Yea I'm very curious now. I've got some research to do while at work, haha.
    Philnaer Grimtrove
    Senior Detective
    Glory Seeker

We both know that you aren't that stupid, so quit acting it.
    You're the stupid one in this instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Abaratican View Post
    You're the stupid one in this instance.
    You can defend your bud aimlessly, or try to explain yourself. For now, I'll assume you don't even know what you're replying about.

Edit: However! If this trend gains traction, then I'll explain my first point. The misconception was that I was making a truism or something; I was merely suggesting a possible issue.
    Last edited by philipc4; 05-02-2012 at 17:57.
    Philnaer Grimtrove
    Senior Detective
    Glory Seeker

7000+

lol think of it in terms of fast food, instead of joints, if you ate at McDonalds 22,000 times over your lifetime, would that have a positive or negative impact on your health?

*Looks around at fellow Americans* doesn't even take 22,000 trips to make us a bunch of impotent, beached wales with diabetes in our 20's, heart disease being more common than not, and brains clogged with the same saturated fat causing the limp dicks, angina, and heart disease.
    Red Bulls is causing more heart attacks in youths then Macdonald's.

Join us on Twitch or on our forums!

You can defend your bud aimlessly, or try to explain yourself. For now, I'll assume you don't even know what you're replying about.

Edit: However! If this trend gains traction, then I'll explain my first point. The misconception was that I was making a truism or something; I was merely suggesting a possible issue.
    He's not my bud. However, you are in fact being a hypocrite and what he said was not hyperbole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chipatama View Post
    What kind of thought do you expect ?
    i wrote that probably while i was on xanaxh aha. i have no clue

Quote Originally Posted by Abaratican View Post
    He's not my bud. However, you are in fact being a hypocrite and what he said was not hyperbole.
    Alright, I'll explain then for sure.

Edit: (Even though it hurts my head if ya'll are truely comparing driving cars and smoking cigarettes)
    Last edited by philipc4; 05-02-2012 at 18:21.
    Philnaer Grimtrove
    Senior Detective
    Glory Seeker