View Poll Results: Should an innocent man go to jail or a criminal go free?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best if the criminal goes free but innocent people are sparred

19 82.61%
  • Fuck the innocent, convict everyone and hope we get some guilty people.

4 17.39%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I don't support the Death Penalty whatsoever because mistakes can be made, and have been. We've already executed people falsely. That's a horror no one can even fathom.
    Even if a person intentionally massacres 60 people with a shotgun?

1criminal free = he will ruin multiple lives most of the time.
    1innocent in jail = 1ruined life

In the end it might be better just to have 1man whos innocent in jail then letting a single murderer go free for each innocent man. All depends on the ratio and what the criminal did and what he will do if he was still out there. Which in the end is just hypothetical thinking/scenarios.

Ironicly enough most big time criminals go free cause of laws which were ment to protect innocent people from power abuse, being framed etc. Yay for loopholes which only expensive lawyers tend to find.

10,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok Delrhe View Post
    to be fair he's probably gonna get millions over this which he wouldnt have had he been outside.
    I don't think so. This isn't the first time it's happened so there's precedent.

He ought to receive some fair median remuneration for his time however.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

Quote Originally Posted by Master Larking View Post
    Yay for loopholes
    "knowing loopholes" is retardanese for "fully understanding the law".
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok Delrhe View Post
    to be fair he's probably gonna get millions over this which he wouldnt have had he been outside.
    Unfortunately, you only get one shot at existence, and the worms consuming his dead flesh won't care how many millions he got for for wasting a huge portion of his life rotting in a cell.
    ~Greatness Incarnate~

As far as I know victims aren’t allowed to go after those that put them in jail. I wonder if legislation (or the reversal of whatever legislation protects them) that holds those involved in a wrongful conviction responsible would make a difference. If the prosecutor and judge know a victim of a wrongful conviction/imprisonment could take them to court they may be a bit more careful.
    Last edited by doomahx; 05-01-2012 at 22:09.

2000+

If I remember correctly some states will give some reparation for wrongful imprisonment while other will not. Those that do generally give what I consider a underwhelming amount in comparison to what has been lost. Its not like hes likely to get 10 million or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedicake View Post
    If it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, but that's the problem. Mistakes can ALWAYS be made. People can always be framed.

Is it ever worth it? If one innocent person is sent to death row and executed.. it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Larking View Post
    1criminal free = he will ruin multiple lives most of the time.
    1innocent in jail = 1ruined life

In the end it might be better just to have 1man whos innocent in jail then letting a single murderer go free for each innocent man. All depends on the ratio and what the criminal did and what he will do if he was still out there. Which in the end is just hypothetical thinking/scenarios.

Ironicly enough most big time criminals go free cause of laws which were ment to protect innocent people from power abuse, being framed etc. Yay for loopholes which only expensive lawyers tend to find.
    I would rather be murdered by a criminal knowing I had a chance to fight back and defend myself, or hell, even tortured by a criminal, over spending years of my life in Jail.

This has nothing to do with math. The whole thing is preposterous because it assumes people cannot defend themselves. At least they have a chance to against a criminal. If the state comes and says you're guilty, you can't fight off half a million cops.
    Last edited by Death's Chill; 05-02-2012 at 00:25.

Yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedicake View Post
    How would you unintentionally perform such an act?
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

Id rather see 100 criminals go free before 1 innocent man goes to jail.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    If it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt, but that's the problem. Mistakes can ALWAYS be made. People can always be framed.
    Video camera. Guy robs a bank and shoots 60 innocent people, all caught on camera

I think the death penalty should exist for severe cases like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Abaratican View Post
    How would you unintentionally perform such an act?
    I dunno, sleepwalking
    Last edited by Jedicake; 05-02-2012 at 04:11.

What if the camera footage was faked? It would have to be 100% proven that it was the original security tape, with a very clear image of the mans face.

I'm only against the death penalty because, for almost every case, there is not enough evidence to be 100% certain he did it. If there's any possibility that a man is innocent..

Yummy.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryClock View Post
    I personally advocate for trial by combat.

The gods would be on the side of the victor, henceforth they would be innocent or guilty.
    That's archaic.

Let's do it the Inquisition style where someone get's anonymously accused and then we ask them if they are guilty. If they say no we torture them until they say yes.
    Last edited by Apex Vertigo; 05-02-2012 at 04:47.