View Poll Results: Should an innocent man go to jail or a criminal go free?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best if the criminal goes free but innocent people are sparred

19 82.61%
  • Fuck the innocent, convict everyone and hope we get some guilty people.

4 17.39%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A criminal goes free, or an innocent man goes to jail?

What do you think is more acceptable?

It seems out justice system is biased towards incarcerating at any and all costs, even if it means innocent people are taken in.

http://news.yahoo.com/wrongly-accuse...000543186.html

I hope that man gets a shit ton of money. No amount can make up for losing over 6,200 days of his life but it's a start. That's 535 million seconds spent in jail.

Yummy.

Banned

I personally advocate for trial by combat.

The gods would be on the side of the victor, henceforth they would be innocent or guilty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryClock View Post

The gods would be on the side of the victor, henceforth they would be innocent or guilty.
    But but, what if ARES helps the evil doers and zeus doesnt show?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post

It seems out justice system is biased towards incarcerating at any and all costs, even if it means innocent people are taken in.

I hope that man gets a shit ton of money. No amount can make up for losing over 6,200 days of his life but it's a start. That's 535 million seconds spent in jail.
    Dude your poll doesnt make sense

Quote Originally Posted by lamer2tm View Post
    Dude your poll doesnt make sense
    ?

Do you think convicting guilty people is more important than protecting the innocent from jail?

Yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryClock View Post

Yeah, the government should develop a computer game for that purpose.

7000+

to be fair he's probably gonna get millions over this which he wouldnt have had he been outside.

Join us on Twitch or on our forums!

This is part of the reason that I have trouble getting behind a death penalty, it’s a fact that there are wrongful executions. How do we go about making it up to that unlucky person and their family?

I'm surprised you take this stance while being in support of the death penalty DC, you know, the punishment that can't be reversed when the person turned out to be innocent.
    Last edited by doomahx; 05-01-2012 at 13:53.

Quote Originally Posted by doomahx View Post
    This is part of the reason that I have trouble getting behind a death penalty, it’s a fact that there are wrongful executions. How do we go about making it up to that unlucky person and their family?

I'm surprised you take this stance while being in support of the death penalty DC, you know, the punishment that can't be reversed when the person turned out to be innocent.
    DC stands for hard punishment, but no convictions.

our system is supposed to be predicated on the idea that it's better a guilty man go free than an innocent go to jail.

But that is no longer the case, and it is strictly about the win/loss ratio of the two lawyers.

Voted for the first option, provided you meant "spared". Though, if the innocents wish to spar with you then by all means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by doomahx View Post

I don't support the Death Penalty whatsoever because mistakes can be made, and have been. We've already executed people falsely. That's a horror no one can even fathom.

Yummy.

I don't support the Death Penalty whatsoever because mistakes can be made, and have been. We've already executed people falsely. That's a horror no one can even fathom.
    I apologize then, for some reason I thought you were a supporter.

3000+

I think anybody who thinks it would be better for an innocent person to go to jail in this situation needs to re-asses how they see the world. An innocent man should never be punished at the expense of catching a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMystrieo View Post
    I think anybody who thinks it would be better for an innocent person to go to jail in this situation needs to re-asses how they see the world. An innocent man should never be punished at the expense of catching a criminal.
    So many poorly constructed posts in this thread, and then I finally get to yours and all of a sudden my hangover is gone. Thank you, good sir.
    http://www.geckzilla.com/dfstuff/cannibal.png