Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Banned Hallucinogenicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default Best PC optimizer?

    I have tune-up utilities and it works amazing, I was wondering if there is any other program that is better than it? even if it costs more money I dont mind as long as its better.

    also whats the best game recording program I use fraps and bandicam? I want a recording program that doesnt lag me so I can use it in sieges rather than a program that does lag me mostly meant for smaller fights.

  2. #2
    8000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    8,076

    Default

    Sorry that I can't help you, but just wanted to say I love your sig

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hallucinogenicz View Post
    I have tune-up utilities and it works amazing, I was wondering if there is any other program that is better than it? even if it costs more money I dont mind as long as its better.
    Of course you don't, because you'd just pirate it wouldn't you? FILTHY PIRATE SCUM

  4. #4
    Banned Hallucinogenicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedicake View Post
    Sorry that I can't help you, but just wanted to say I love your sig
    haha thanks its by a Greek philosopher Epicurus. I like your quote to

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyhat View Post
    Of course you don't, because you'd just pirate it wouldn't you? FILTHY PIRATE SCUM
    lol
    Last edited by Hallucinogenicz; 05-01-2012 at 17:29.

  5. #5
    3000+
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,528

    Default

    'PC Optimizers' are pretty much useless in my experience...
    For recording, I like CamStudio, but I'm not sure if it performs better or worse than Fraps.
    Last edited by iza; 05-01-2012 at 00:58.

  6. #6

    Default

    Can't tell if troll...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhade View Post
    It's how you respond when you're disadvantaged, or when you're outnumbered and outflanked, that really means something to me and I feel shows your character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    Don't tap the glass. It disturbs the fish.

  7. #7
    8000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Florida, U.S.
    Posts
    8,358

    Default

    There are built in optimizers. It's called the task manager, regedit and msconfig.


  8. #8
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    806

    Default

    i cant help you with pc optimizer but i can reccomend dxtory as video recorder, no fps drop at all for me when i record, follow Melkrows thread on how to set it up.

  9. #9

    Default

    Oh I didn't see the last part.

    Dxtory is waaaaaaaaaay better than fraps. Though it does create much bigger files.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suncross View Post
    There are built in optimizers. It's called the task manager, regedit and msconfig.
    QFT.

    PC optimizers are the biggest waste of money on the planet. Everything you need you can do in the OS and BIOS

  11. #11
    5000+
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    1984
    Posts
    5,239

    Default

    There are plenty of good free tools to optimize windows XP by f ex stopping windows services. Pretty much guaranteed to mess something up that'll you'll need later though.

    The easiest way to optimise windows is proper file management. Don't store much on your system disk/volume in terms of size and number of files. (Archive things like images, books and maybe music.) Uninstall un-needed programs and defragment your HDD once in a while and maybe your registry.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

  12. #12
    Banned Hallucinogenicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weeking View Post
    There are plenty of good free tools to optimize windows XP by f ex stopping windows services. Pretty much guaranteed to mess something up that'll you'll need later though.

    The easiest way to optimise windows is proper file management. Don't store much on your system disk/volume in terms of size and number of files. (Archive things like images, books and maybe music.) Uninstall un-needed programs and defragment your HDD once in a while and maybe your registry.
    Alright ya all that sounds good I can go without an optimizer and it does make sense that your computer would have one already built in its just obviously not as computer noob friendly, I like tune ups it gives me a pie chart of all the memory usage on my computer to easily delete useless, memory consuming files. It also keeps programs from running behind my back, even if I close them out on the taskbar thing and that lil arrow by the clock theyre still running.

    Im not sure what they are called in the task manager I remember when I was little playing oblivion and a friend showed me what the task manager is and went home so I was messing with it by myself closing things making the computer go faster and I close explorer.exe lol. That was obviously bad but a simple restart fixed it, the point is I dont know what processes I need and dont need so I would appreciate a list of programs I cant close like explorer.exe and than I guess I will close the rest.

    Thank you darkfall lol lots of trolls but its still the best forum, the better something is the more bad that follows haha

  13. #13
    5000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,516

    Default

    From my personal experience I never felt that optimizer really help in games, I see them as sort of hoax. The only real working thing to optimize is to overclock, but this is at your own risk.

    As for recording go for Bandicam, I shouldn't have to add anything to this. It is simply the best program compared to all the other clients I have used to record.

    ps : http://failbook.failblog.org/2012/04...-how-it-works/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    I've never lifted in my life but I'll go and see how much I can bench and let you guys know.

  14. #14
    7000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montréal, Québec
    Posts
    7,375

    Default

    ccleaner, I guess would fit the description. Good to remove temp files, unused registry keys, etc.

    Join us on Twitch or on our forums!

  15. #15
    Banned Hallucinogenicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,488

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sc0r0wnz View Post
    From my personal experience I never felt that optimizer really help in games, I see them as sort of hoax. The only real working thing to optimize is to overclock, but this is at your own risk.

    As for recording go for Bandicam, I shouldn't have to add anything to this. It is simply the best program compared to all the other clients I have used to record.

    ps : http://failbook.failblog.org/2012/04...-how-it-works/
    ya 99% of my videos are in bandicam lol but it doesnt record what i say and fraps does

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok Delrhe View Post
    ccleaner, I guess would fit the description. Good to remove temp files, unused registry keys, etc.
    Im pretty sure thats what tune up does but im not to good with computers hah

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •