Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultima Online

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    playing it atm and what i saw in dec was a unfinished game where nothing worked, nowdays it looks atleast like a game. players don't lag 100m over your screen....and it should be even better with the next patch ( within 3 weeks)

i have fun, maybe its because iam new
    Now... and to think this MMO has been out for 2+ years.

Think on that for a bit.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

"That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."

playing it atm and what i saw in dec was a unfinished game where nothing worked, nowdays it looks atleast like a game. players don't lag 100m over your screen....and it should be even better with the next patch ( within 3 weeks)

i have fun, maybe its because iam new
    Link me a recent PvP video that you think is a good representation of the game.

I'll reconsider. Really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhade View Post
    It's how you respond when you're disadvantaged, or when you're outnumbered and outflanked, that really means something to me and I feel shows your character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    Don't tap the glass. It disturbs the fish.

I remember in a 2v2 tourney, i couldnt find a partner in time so i just grabbed my girlfriend and said "just push these 2 buttons when i say so".

After about 9 rounds or so, "yes she didnt die" we ended in the final vs Chopper X and Jabu. 2 of the best UO t2a pvpers to play the game. We shit on them in about 60 seconds, and i think its uploaded on uomovies.com. They raged logged.

Just one of the many many tournaments i claimed victory, but easily the funniest.

Quote Originally Posted by Siege Force View Post
    I remember in a 2v2 tourney, i couldnt find a partner in time so i just grabbed my girlfriend and said "just push these 2 buttons when i say so".

After about 9 rounds or so, "yes she didnt die" we ended in the final vs Chopper X and Jabu. 2 of the best UO t2a pvpers to play the game. We shit on them in about 60 seconds, and i think its uploaded on uomovies.com. They raged logged.

Just one of the many many tournaments i claimed victory, but easily the funniest.
    I call bs. Some noname with his 2 button clicking girlfriend against skilled players(I imagine)?
    Did UO suck that bad that player skill didn't matter or what?

Buy Darkfall thru my link & receive 20,000g + Gear to jumpstart your adventure!
    Don't forget to pm me afterwards!

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Siege Force View Post

My mom is the President of the USA, and my dog is Lassie. I'm an astronaut and I've been the first one to walk on Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOreo View Post
    Link me a recent PvP video that you think is a good representation of the game.

I'll reconsider. Really.
    i just tried the trail and bought theg ame then because it was fun. iam not to deep into the community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQMY4dJZQ5s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17OMx_1p7VI

compared to 1 year ago it seems it isn't a lag shitfest anymore. ofc spell gfx for example sucks however the mechanics behind it are interesting. And another good thing is that it is not pure about PVP, you also need the carebears to craft shit for you
    Last edited by Niburu; 05-01-2012 at 21:59.
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonDominus View Post
    I call bs. Some noname with his 2 button clicking girlfriend against skilled players(I imagine)?
    UO was a game all about player skill. Hell, one of the original developers, in the video linked, describes the, "That guy's hacking phenomenon!" that comes from having a game so heavily influenced by player skills.

He explained it pretty simply as everyone being on a bell curve, except the players on the far right are so far advanced from the middle dwellers that it looks like they're cheating, when, in fact, they're just really good. Hence the, "That guy was hacking!" When in truth, he really wasn't.

It's Siege Force. He's some strange shut in. Fictional stories are fictional.
    It's how you respond when you're disadvantaged, or when you're outnumbered and outflanked, that really means something to me and I feel shows your character.

i just tried the trail and bought theg ame then because it was fun. iam not to deep into the community.

compared to 1 year ago it seems it isn't a lag shitfest anymore. ofc spell gfx for example sucks however the mechanics behind it are interesting. And another good thing is that it is not pure about PVP, you also need the carebears to craft shit for you
    I tuned in, and you know what? You're right.

The difference is incredible. There's no popping around (or very little) and everything seems to run very smoothly.

Now, sadly, the animations make Darkfall animations look good.

The overall flow of combat still seems awkward. It's not lag per say, but more how the game is designed? I can't quite put my finger on it.

You say it's fun though, huh? What's the population like? Be honest.

Actually UO isn't really player skill at all. I believe someone getting his GF to fill in and winning a tournament, because in UO you rely solely on the RNG to win or lose battles, or your ping and Assist programs or all of the above.

Also MO makes Darkfall look like a cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueOreo View Post
    I tuned in, and you know what? You're right.

The difference is incredible. There's no popping around (or very little) and everything seems to run very smoothly.

Now, sadly, the animations make Darkfall animations look good.

The overall flow of combat still seems awkward. It's not lag per say, but more how the game is designed? I can't quite put my finger on it.

You say it's fun though, huh? What's the population like? Be honest.
    if you want to try it out you should wait until awekaning comes out (next big patch, comes within next 3 weeks). Besides important gameplay stuff like local auction houses ( trade NPC) these last hickups you explained should be fixed
    -64bit support
    -new prediction system ( what causes the models to lag abit sometimes atm)

ontop of that out of my head

-dyeable armor
    -trade broker
    -new AI
    -new GUI

and so on, if you still follow the DF 2.0 development all these feature should sound familiar. it will also get new player models, i don't know if it includes animation but you are right they are shit. However the mechanics behind the game hooked me, that mounts have a individual character alone is crazy and no despawn shit like in DF.

I'am as much surprised as you are...when i checked las time in dec. it was still shit and unplayable
    Last edited by Niburu; 05-02-2012 at 15:26.
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonDominus View Post
    http://uomovies.com/view.pl?Limitser...TS_PER_PAGE=15

_S_ v Choppa + Jabu in 2v2 final. We mess up 3 times at the end from laughing and still win.

I havent watched that in years so i can't remember how the fight went, but there you go. Im not a no name random on UO noob, ive won more pvp tournaments than you have jerked off.

BTW, you act like UO or any other tab target game is hard. Im handicapped on Darkfall due to my ping, not skill. On a tab targeting game like UO, Skill beats Ping everytime. Players like Spanky who had 5 ping spammed mini heals to try and survive, while 300pingers like me casted disrupts then heals to live. And UO wasnt even hard, the sad thing is players who played it for 10 years were still fucking bad because again, they were ping keyboard mashing junkies instead of taking a breath and casting spells correctly.

And group fights were just 2,1,drop and whoever got their bow shots off, or were decent at healing won. Again, not hard.

4000+

pvp still looks a game of running around trying to hit eachother due to rubber banding/retarded combat system.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigan Pere View Post
    pvp still looks a game of running around trying to hit eachother due to rubber banding/retarded combat system.
    what do you think say players who see DF-PVP videos ?

Yes Df has a better combat system but atm the overall package in MO is much more sandbox and better, ah and yes MO gets updates.......sold my first donkey today yay
    Darkfall Unholy Wars

what do you think say players who see DF-PVP videos ?

Yes Df has a better combat system but atm the overall package in MO is much more sandbox and better, ah and yes MO gets updates.......sold my first donkey today yay
    Did they ever fix the total blackout during night shit?
    Is using magic a viable playstyle currently?
    Do you still need 5 fully built characters to craft shit?
    Whats population like?

Been bored as shit of DF recently (AGAIN!!), looking for alternatives

- The Grixxitt, Alfar Supremacist - NAxx