Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12312 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 194
  1. #16
    3000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    When Obama bangs on about taxing the 1% is that most people making more than 250k are unincorporated small business owners (shopkeepers, contracters, farmers, etc.) whose revenues get counted as income, and excess revenue after expenses is both their living money and their capital. So he's really fucking over hard working small entreprenneurs not THE EVIL RICH when he goes after upper incomes.

    This sort of regulatory ruling is laying the groundwork for this extra commercial taxation.
    Last edited by Krag; 04-25-2012 at 19:33.

  2. #17
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC, Beta Tester
    Posts
    12,845

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--I0X...dVLCUtmqJD4%3D

    For any liberals that actually want to help children.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"


    Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

  3. #18
    8000+
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    US - Texas
    Posts
    8,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Damedius View Post
    It's sort of crazy what the once greatest country in the world has become.
    Really? Can you clarify what year you think we were "the greatest country in the world"? I just love to hear people try to pinpoint an actual year/decade/era when they say that followed by "has become", as if we are in such large decay compared to then.
    Last edited by Apex Vertigo; 04-26-2012 at 01:17.

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    Those children have a right to be protected from child labor just like all other children. Just because they were born in a farming family doesn't mean they should help out on the farm to keep the business going.
    I have met hundreds of people who grew up on farms in the USMC. Not a SINGLE ONE complained about helping out with their farm. Everyone of them said they loved it and they took pride in it as did their whole family.

  5. #20
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Krag View Post
    When Obama bangs on about taxing the 1% is that most people making more than 250k are unincorporated small business owners (shopkeepers, contracters, farmers, etc.) whose revenues get counted as income, and excess revenue after expenses is both their living money and their capital. So he's really fucking over hard working small entreprenneurs not THE EVIL RICH when he goes after upper incomes.

    This sort of regulatory ruling is laying the groundwork for this extra commercial taxation.
    Taxes are not calculated based on revenue, they're based on profit. If your profit is more than 250k you're in the top 5% and therefore ARE rich. Either you have a distorted sense of who is rich or you don't understand how taxes are calculated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

  6. #21
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC, Beta Tester
    Posts
    12,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    Taxes are not calculated based on revenue, they're based on profit. If your profit is more than 250k you're in the top 5% and therefore ARE rich. Either you have a distorted sense of who is rich or you don't understand how taxes are calculated.
    Profits that are reinvested into business. I understand that you can claim credits for investment or classify it as such so it is not taxed. None the less this is what people bitch about calling it loopholes and it is not as easy as it sounds.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"


    Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

  7. #22
    7000+
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Locash
    Posts
    7,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    Profits that are reinvested into business. I understand that you can claim credits for investment or classify it as such so it is not taxed. None the less this is what people bitch about calling it loopholes and it is not as easy as it sounds.
    ???? I'm not following you. Profits = Revenues - Expenses. At no point is revenue itself directly taxed. Double taxing does happen of course once the sole prop/partner takes a salary. Then again, double taxing always happens.


    "Everytime you PK a newb, a breakdancer shitkicks a baby."-Goty

  8. #23
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC, Beta Tester
    Posts
    12,845

    Default

    I am saying that people who fall into 250k income category when everything comes down to it pay a fuck ton of taxes one way or another. Many small business fall into that category. Schiff has made that example many times where he is paying 50%+.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"


    Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

  9. #24
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    I am saying that people who fall into 250k income category when everything comes down to it pay a fuck ton of taxes one way or another. Many small business fall into that category. Schiff has made that example many times where he is paying 50%+.
    He's not paying 50%+ unless he's a fucking moron. This bullshit was easily debunked multiple times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

  10. #25
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC, Beta Tester
    Posts
    12,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    He's not paying 50%+ unless he's a fucking moron. This bullshit was easily debunked multiple times.
    No all you came down to is getting it down to high 40s.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"


    Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

  11. #26
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    Profits that are reinvested into business. I understand that you can claim credits for investment or classify it as such so it is not taxed. None the less this is what people bitch about calling it loopholes and it is not as easy as it sounds.
    Reinvestments are not expenses. I'm not sure what your point is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

  12. #27
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC, Beta Tester
    Posts
    12,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    Reinvestments are not expenses. I'm not sure what your point is.
    My point is that 250k income does not mean you are rich or that your business will not be affected if you are taxed more.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"


    Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

  13. #28
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    No all you came down to is getting it down to high 40s.
    No. I demonstrated that was the MAXIMUM it could be. I also demonstrated that he was either an idiot or a liar. I'm going with liar since he actually paid 32% in taxes. I suppose he's lucky to have dumbasses like yourself who will believe and spread his lies for him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

  14. #29
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    My point is that 250k income does not mean you are rich or that your business will not be affected if you are taxed more.
    How are you not rich? You made 250K. That's like saying a millionaire is poor because they used 950k buying more businesses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

  15. #30
    12,000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NYC, Beta Tester
    Posts
    12,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    No. I demonstrated that was the MAXIMUM it could be. I also demonstrated that he was either an idiot or a liar. I'm going with liar since he actually paid 32% in taxes. I suppose he's lucky to have dumbasses like yourself who will believe and spread his lies for him.
    I am not really interested in it. I know my parents pay 46% of their income in the end of the day. And my mom is an IRS tax agent. So to say that she is dumb and can't get her self out of paying taxes is not going to work. I can not imagine Schiff having less obligations than my parents.

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    How are you not rich? You made 250K. That's like saying a millionaire is poor because they used 950k buying more businesses.
    You are not rich by the standards that people apply to being rich. They are better off but they are not rich. They can not afford the things ascribed to being rich.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"


    Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

    Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •