Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Normal User

Default Would be fun because

Quote Originally Posted by Theodus View Post
    Thieving is stupid and not suitable for a competetive PvP game like Darkfall.

If you want something, you gotta kill the dude to get it. That's how it works.

Adding some stealth-pickpocket ability would ruin everything.
    It would be fun to steal a mages reagents while he is hanging around waiting for a siege to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzik View Post
    Fixing the alignment so a player can attack and kill a thief without becoming evil
    Quote Originally Posted by TantoWM View Post
    where would you pick pocket though? No one is in NPC cities. If you show up to a player city the towers and system messages alert everyone so it's not like you can be very sneaky there. Out in the wild people are usually moving around and would likely notice you since the "darkness" is not very dark anyway.

just wondering where you see opportunities to use a feature like this?
    Yeah, Darkfall has many problems, I guess Thievery is the least of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Artano View Post
    Wow MO looked great in beta, guess they decided to fix it! Hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Falokis
    If you aren't grinding, you must be dying faster and more often than all the children in Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaratos
    I was gonna focus, I suddenly get really sick, cant study at all. All I can do is play some darkfall to ease the pain. I am a degenerate.

Quote Originally Posted by screw loose View Post
    Thieving done the right way. What is beautiful about Darkfall is that the game is not where you click a button to do what you want. You don't click "hide" to hide. You get behind a bush, stay out of line of sight and don't make noise.
    Your right, you can always hide and sneak up on someone in darkfall. Its not like theres this massive region wide stutter when a single soul crosses a line, alerting everyone and their mother that your in the area.

I honestly don't understand how people still play this game.
    Last edited by ZeroCool; 04-29-2012 at 10:15.
    Astinus Darksoul - Scourge

Anti-Grind Coalition
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/group.php?groupid=109
    Save Darkfalls population today.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzik View Post
    There are 2 main problems with thieving:

1) Making it player skill based instead of a dice roll in an interface
    2) Fixing the alignment so a player can attack and kill a thief without becoming evil
    What would be the point of thieving in darkfall? Most people are in their clan cities staring at their bank, and when they come in contact with anyone else its usually in PvP. The only reason theiving worked in UO was because cities were populated with strangers. Anyone living out of an npc city is usually a newer player with nothing worthwhile to steal, and even then npc cities are abandon since the population is so low.
    Astinus Darksoul - Scourge

Anti-Grind Coalition
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/group.php?groupid=109
    Save Darkfalls population today.