Page 1 of 13 1211 ... LastLast
    Silver Sun Republic Clan Leader

Default To the Unsubscribed: What is Your Biggest Hurdle to Returning to Darkfall?

Since I can't post a poll in the non-subscribers section I guess we'll have to do this the old fashioned way.

What is Your Biggest Hurdle to Returning to Darkfall? In other words, what is keeping you from picking up the game right now and subscribing/buying the game?

- Not Enough Population
    - Lack of Features
    - Can't Afford the Subscription Fee/Client Purchase Price
    - Too Much Grind Necessary to Become PvP Viable
    - Brutal Nature of the Game, ie, Open PvP, Full Loot
    - Graphics
    - Waiting for Darkfall 2.0
    - Other - Please Explain

Sovereign of the Republic
    Honorary "Man of the Crossroads".
    Crowned Republic of the Silver Sun

6000+ Long term follower

I'm waiting until there is a skill cap or some "load out" system that makes it so everyone isn't running around WOF or knocking everyone up with max resists while jumping around like quake arena.

Basically I'm waiting for a new game.
    Last edited by Falokis; 04-20-2012 at 23:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Falokis View Post
    I'm waiting until there is a skill cap or some "load out" system that makes it so everyone isn't running around WOF or knocking everyone up with max resists while jumping around like quake arena.

There will never be a cap but with the new mage system they are implementing in 2.0 hopefully not everyone will still be wof/knockup/ray spamming.
    Taylor Nox
    The Frog
    Oh My Days

Quote Originally Posted by Falokis View Post

That would totally ruin everything I love about this game, and everything I consider the essence of this game.

I genuinely hope you find a game that appeals more to you.
    S  U  N    |    s a c c a d e    n e o s

My biggest hurdle from returning to the game is Aventurine won't respond to my support tickets or emails, and it's been 3 days now. I'm trying to re-subscribe but my account got hacked, therefore AV needs to respond to me if they want my money.

Normal User

- Not Enough Population
    - Lack of Features

I'm very disappointed with the lack of development in this game.
    Also fell sad for the guys that are paying for this game right now because they have no other option in the sandbox world.
    In the games current state I would consider coming back with a big discount in the sub fees. Buy 2 months get 1 free something like that.
    Last edited by Loco Porco; 04-21-2012 at 02:04.

Normal User

I wouldn't call it lack of features, but I always wanted Darkfall to kind of be like Eve Online, in a fantasy Setting, only with interesting combat.

Darkfall is even wrote, and sold itself early as a a pretty sandbox like game. I stayed in for 9 months, and grind really wasn't the reason I quite (I got owned in almost any engagement I went into because of lack of skill cap, and not grinding the specifics).

Some of the features in Darkfall seemed to go in the wrong direction. Instead of creating an enviroment where you would want people to create convoys, traderoutes, and in turn create raiders/pvp, Darkfall threw in magical teleport banks, and a very themepark 'placeholder' quest which called itself a trade route.

Instead of creating areas enviroments for players to fight over like resources(or good monster areas) they threw in a weird sea tower, and village system which feels really shoed in.

There was small things that felt it was all in the wrong direction for creating a fluid, and diverse RPG world that could have PvE, and PvP people(like Eve with high sec). I really think you need kind of a cycle of life of carnivores, and herbivores to create a good enviroment.

Basically if I wanted a game that was purely PvP, I'd cut out the middle man of grind/world/crafting, and just go Mount And Blade, WoT, LoL, ect. There's plenty of solid 'quick fix' PvP games out there.
    Last edited by Fazar; 04-21-2012 at 00:13.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Chronic View Post
    How about you not be a 12 year old girl and just use the default fucking text?

Normal User US1 Player

The game needs some sort of economy. Let us have something to do in downtime, right now you can grind or PvP. If there was an eve like market and you could risk some gold to make some gold by moving items from one place to another would be fun. The population seems not terrible, but it just gets boring. Some cold weather might make me return as well.

3000+

- Grind (progression mechanics are poorly designed, anti-casual attitude)
    - Combat system is too simplistic (sprint+melee is silly, lack of melee skills, lack of melee&magic tree differentiation)
    - UI sucks (sheathe/unsheathe is pointless, weapon selection/switching sucks, should be a hotbar switch on weapon select)
    - not sandboxy enough
    Last edited by dirtknap; 04-21-2012 at 01:04.

Normal User

Gear grind got me.

Got sick of farming ore, rare ore, steed, horn, cinder, claw, quartz, q4 taint, q5 taint, portal shards, ghostly taint, transmute mats to farm with, crafting thousands of blackbolts.. Its too much if you weren't a gear hoarder for 2 years.

What used to be a siege bag is cap a village bag now. You can't even get a warm up duel without someone throwing on a q4/5 bag.

I can only take so much wack-a-mob at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kol_Taggar View Post
    Getting upset about what AV says they are going to do is like getting upset about what Al Gore says is going to happen if we don't take global warming seriously.

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by dogwalker View Post
    Gear grind got me.

Got sick of farming ore, rare ore, steed, horn, cinder, claw, quartz, q4 taint, q5 taint, portal shards, ghostly taint, transmute mats to farm with, crafting thousands of blackbolts.. Its too much if you weren't a gear hoarder for 2 years.

What used to be a siege bag is cap a village bag now. You can't even get a warm up duel without someone throwing on a q4/5 bag.

I can only take so much wack-a-mob at a time.
    youre clearly doing someting wrong if you left because of the gear grind. farm gold and buy what you need. use the farm for steedgrass.
    and i dont believe in siege bags becoming vcp bags.

me, i left because of the grind. an other x4 skill gain is the only thing that can bring me back.
    The Ultimate Sticky Back

Quote Originally Posted by Itwasnt Luck View Post
    idk why people keep bringing this up. THE GOOD PLAYERS WILL NOT USE 1ST PERSON.

6000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Theodus View Post
    That would totally ruin everything I love about this game, and everything I consider the essence of this game.

I genuinely hope you find a game that appeals more to you.
    I'm glad you and 1500 other people find it so appealing. The other 100k people that tried the game didn't.

Normal User

Default $4000

Quote Originally Posted by Brando View Post
    Since I can't post a poll in the non-subscribers section I guess we'll have to do this the old fashioned way.

What is Your Biggest Hurdle to Returning to Darkfall? In other words, what is keeping you from picking up the game right now and subscribing/buying the game?

- Not Enough Population
    - Lack of Features
    - Can't Afford the Subscription Fee/Client Purchase Price
    - Too Much Grind Necessary to Become PvP Viable
    - Brutal Nature of the Game, ie, Open PvP, Full Loot
    - Graphics
    - Other - Please Explain
    - Too Much Grind Necessary FULLSTOP
    However the fact that I need an i7 ( $4000 I mean if I'm going to fork out for a new computer then it has to be the top of the line, so it can last a few years).

I can run other games fine, I wish they weren't so graphics heavy - if they weren't then the development would be easier and many more people would be able to play. Its a major point that they missed out on, Diablo 2 for example can run on a Pentium 2, this is a big part of the reason it has lasted the distance, also Counter Strike the system requirements were low and this made it very accessable to many people (with older/low system reqs).
    Quote Originally Posted by Falokis
    If you aren't grinding, you must be dying faster and more often than all the children in Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaratos
    I was gonna focus, I suddenly get really sick, cant study at all. All I can do is play some darkfall to ease the pain. I am a degenerate.

-Grind
    -Magic system
    -No PvP diversity / no skill cap

-Fast travel
    -Race imbalance
    -Melee imbalance
    -Pointless to fight over local resources unless its a city mine.
    Astinus Darksoul - Scourge

Anti-Grind Coalition
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/group.php?groupid=109
    Save Darkfalls population today.

1000+

so you prefer all others games than this one with an amazing and intense and great gameplay , k noticed ; like others said you should look at others games if it more appeals to u