Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Arrow Most Epic Darkfall Moments

As the MMO PvP hopeless, patiently wait for the mysterious Darkfall 2.0, I wonder how many great and epic tales of battle, survival, espionage, and even subterfuge some of you vets have. Lets share some!

I know my greatest time playing Darkfall was when skill sets were low, and kingdoms were young.

I fought for a little plot of land know as Alberworth, with a semi noob guild that really held its own, known as Emperil. I believe that was the spelling. Anyways I remember riding through the forest due East to my new Clan city. Walls constructed, but no real assets inside.

When I got my first taste of how epic Darkfall can at times be. The rallying call came in Giant CAPS LOCK letters. "EVERYONE TO THE SOUTHERN WALL! PREPARE FOR ATTACK". My heart started thumping. Awsomeness! I get to see what war is really like in this game. I come to the body of water between Alberworth and the mainland, And see what must of been over 100 naked and poorly clad combatants Magic missling there way to the objective, My new home city. SO to make a long winded story short, since I wana hear YOUR gals n guys stories, I rally with my Sergent and LT. And begin a great FPS/ Melee battle at the docks, truly epic shit. This game was so so so Epic before the discovery of uber magics that make bounce you in the air when tagged. But one up me peeps! What are you best Darkfall memories?

Normal User

Well, when I was living in Niflheim and some people came and destroyed a portion of our city wall, we took out a ship and levelled their city. It was great fun

But I have most of my good memories from epic 1v1 fights when people used less magic. Nothing beats killing a player of similar skill/gear and dry looting him!
    Last edited by Liquid20; 04-13-2012 at 05:00.

A somewhat memorable moment would have to be during the first ever siege of Mar Shral on EU-1. As it was pretty much the most populated city in the game and the capital of the largest alliance in the game, the stakes were incredibly high. The siege was to go live in less than an hour, we were holding the city and gathering as many people as we could to help defend, when suddenly we received a tip from one of our more espionage-minded member clans that certain portions of our ranks were traitors who planned to betray us when the siege went live. They were supposedly equipped with battlespikes and were going to turn on us mid-way and help burn down our stone.

After receiving proof in the form of screenshots of chats and deliberating with Glutt, we decided there was no time to deal with the issue in a sly manner. So, I hushed the extremely hectic clan alliance chat and said I had a very important announcement. I curtly informed everyone that one of our clans (I forget the name; I think it was Azure Empire) were traitors, and that they should all be killed immediately. Keep in mind said traitors were reading this as I wrote it. I quickly set them to "Wary". There was a tiny bit of satisfaction in seeing all of them quickly bursted down by our 200 strong army holding the city. Players reported looting numerous battlespikes off their corpses (we did not distribute battlespikes to any of the non-core clans, partially due to a shortage of supply), fully confirming the suspicions. After the siege, said clan also immediately tried to sell their hamlet since all their neighbors were our alliance, but we cockblocked the fuck out of their sale and sieged their hamlet before they could have their buyer drop a shard on it.

And then of course, about 10 minutes after that little incident, someone pulled the "I that looks like an l" name trick, joined the clan, got promoted, and wiped our bank.

That was a fun siege.
    Last edited by Zarithas; 04-13-2012 at 05:10.
    Quote Originally Posted by VladDrax View Post
    your retarted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garful View Post
    I'm not saying The Boss is a black woman in a wheel chair, but

Quote Originally Posted by Zarithas View Post
    A somewhat memorable moment would have to be during the first ever siege of Mar Shral on EU-1. As it was pretty much the most populated city in the game and the capital of the largest alliance in the game, the stakes were incredibly high. The siege was to go live in less than an hour, we were holding the city and gathering as many people as we could to help defend, when suddenly we received a tip from one of our more espionage-minded member clans that certain portions of our ranks were traitors who planned to betray us when the siege went live. They were supposedly equipped with battlespikes and were going to turn on us mid-way and help burn down our stone.

After receiving proof in the form of screenshots of chats and deliberating with Glutt, we decided there was no time to deal with the issue in a sly manner. So, I hushed the extremely hectic clan alliance chat and said I had a very important announcement. I curtly informed everyone that one of our clans (I forget the name; I think it was Azure Empire) were traitors, and that they should all be killed immediately. Keep in mind said traitors were reading this as I wrote it. I quickly set them to "Wary". There was a tiny bit of satisfaction in seeing all of them quickly bursted down by our 200 strong army holding the city. Players reported looting numerous battlespikes off their corpses (we did not distribute battlespikes to any of the non-core clans, partially due to a shortage of supply), fully confirming the suspicions. After the siege, said clan also immediately tried to sell their hamlet since all their neighbors were our alliance, but we cockblocked the fuck out of their sale and sieged their hamlet before they could have their buyer drop a shard on it.

And then of course, about 10 minutes after that little incident, someone pulled the "I that looks like an l" name trick, joined the clan, got promoted, and wiped our bank.

That was a fun siege.
    now thats a good story

Normal User

That's true politics there, amazing.
    [MI]Canis

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Viare View Post
    I fought for a little plot of land know as Alberworth, with a semi noob guild that really held its own, known as Emperil.

Uhh, I was a part of that siege defending... I don't remember an Emperil... just Imperil... I do remember them rushing the south wall of Alberworth with no time left on the siege and the few people that had telekineses and launch trying to launch the 100 noobies up the human wall... seems silly now. Then they hopped in and tried to spawn cannons to hit the stone, and half of them spawned facing the wrong way. Then the order to retreat involved 100 people jumping in the bay and logging off.

That was also my favorite time on the server. I was one of the first to find a house (a lil cottage that was the first placed in Gul Jarnath, ofc my friend failed to pay taxes 3 weeks later when my graphics cards burned out) and one of the first to fire magic. I got wall of fire, and even though it was and still is useless in terms of damage, it scared the shit out of people who didnt have elemental magic yet. Three people jumped me once and I threw one down and they ran like hell thinking it was some awsome spell that would one hit kill them. It was kind of like the "original" blind.

As for my fav pvp moment... It's been two years so its hard to recall it exactly but it would be when 2 friends and I stole a schooner from a group of about 6.

Some guys in DHW decided to go around on their new schooner hitting stuff. Tirghan was the closest to Serruk so they destroyed some palisades/walls. We came back from farming minotaurs/golems (I am not sure portal systems were up back then) and ran out on the water to the boat. Of course, it outran us back to serruk but Metalkon stayed in range and kept following it.
    I banked my farming loot and grabbed my best gear at the time (my first silverbranch and went full plate/infernal, which was worth a lot more back then) then headed out to cut them off on their way to Serruk. Most of the guys got off the boat and left the owner to recall, so Metalkon and Elinia (not sure if it was Eli) engaged and I came up in the water. I watched 5-6 more DHW & co. jump off of the serruk walls to reclaim the boat as metalkon and eli engaged the owner and drove it away, so I stayed in the water bowing down chums like a piranha while they were tunnel visioned on their schooner. I must have got 3-4 before they finally focused me and I died. My efforts payed off though as they got away with the schooner. I lost some good gear but they lost a boat (which back then was a pretty big deal)

Other fav was killing Rick Astley in a Kvitstien siege, picking up his awsome bag, putting it on, then suiciding so my friends could get away from the covert ops chasing us xD

TLDR: Emperil = Imperil? Stealing schooner 2:1
    Last edited by Bipolar Kittens; 04-13-2012 at 21:55.

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Viare View Post

I fought for a little plot of land know as Alberworth, with a semi noob guild that really held its own, known as Emperil.

Uhh, I was a part of that siege defending... I don't remember an Emperil... just Imperil... I do remember them rushing the south wall of Alberworth with no time left on the siege and the few people that had telekineses and launch trying to launch the 100 noobies up the human wall... seems silly now. Then they hopped in and tried to spawn cannons to hit the stone, and half of them spawned facing the wrong way. Then the order to retreat involved 100 people jumping in the bay and logging off.

That was also my favorite time on the server. I was one of the first to find a house (a lil cottage that was the first placed in Gul Jarnath, ofc my friend failed to pay taxes 3 weeks later when my graphics cards burned out) and one of the first to fire magic. I got wall of fire, and even though it was and still is useless in terms of damage, it scared the shit out of people who didnt have elemental magic yet. Three people jumped me once and I threw one down and they ran like hell thinking it was some awsome spell that one one hit kill them. It was kind of the "original" blind. Of course back then AoE's went through buildings really stupidly so you just spamming them on stuff and it killed whoever was inside... and AoE's dealt full damage instead of reduced so... it was useful.

As for my fav pvp moment... It's been two years so its hard to recall it exactly but it would be when 2 friends and I stole a schooner from a group of about 6.

Some guys in DHW decided to go around on their new schooner hitting stuff. Tirghan was the closest to Serruk so they destroyed some palisades/walls. We came back from farming minotaurs/golems (I am not sure portal systems were up back then) and ran out on the water to the boat. Of course, it outran us back to serruk but Metalkon stayed in range and kept following it.
    I banked my farming loot and grabbed my best gear at the time (my first silverbranch and went full plate/infernal, which was worth a lot more back then) then headed out to cut them off on their way to Serruk. Most of the guys got off the boat and left the owner to recall, so Metalkon and Elinia (not sure if it was Eli) engaged and I came up in the water. I watched 5-6 more DHW & co. jump off of the serruk walls to reclaim the boat as metalkon and eli engaged the owner and drove it away, so I stayed in the water bowing down chums like a piranha while they were tunnel visioned on their schooner. I must have got 3-4 before they finally focused me and I died. My efforts payed off though as they got away with the schooner. I lost some good gear but they lost a boat (which back then was a pretty big deal)

Other fav was killing Rick Astley in a Kvitstien siege, picking up his awsome bag, putting it on, then suiciding so my friends could get away from the covert ops chasing us xD

TLDR: Emperil = Imperil? Stealing schooner 2:1
    Last edited by Bipolar Kittens; 04-13-2012 at 22:03.

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Death2u View Post
    The battles that ended TRA on NA were pretty good too.

Every fight felt more epic than the previous, there have been so many glorious days and days of rage in darkfall..

It gets me depressed watching to those old vids tho, its a shame that this diamond is played by like 2k ppl world wide =/

Caer Baer
    Quien Sabe

Youtube Channel

Another memorable early EU moment: we had a little ad hoc plan to pressure BKB into leaving Savage Alliance and join us, just for fun, and partially because we had like 3 spies in the clan, and were slowly influencing parts of their leadership to turn to our side. Glutt came into their Vent randomly and offered them an ultimatum: join us or we'll take your city and leave you homeless.

We also had one of our spies in the Vent recording the "negotiations": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBKyb9Z8Zyo

Obviously, they refused. This was a bold move on our part and we weren't sure we could win the siege, but we immediately went over and challenged the city. Due to poor planning on Hyperion's part and Savage Alliance naturally being a piece of shit, we actually were able to win. And then about a week or 2 later after we took their city and sent their alliance into a death spiral, BKB, at the end of their rope, actually contacted us, asking to join us. And indeed we let them. Our plan to bully them into submission and consume them worked. Was quite funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by VladDrax View Post
    your retarted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garful View Post
    I'm not saying The Boss is a black woman in a wheel chair, but

Normal User

first 6 months were the best 6 months everything else is just bullshit because they weren't there.

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Kittens View Post
    The battles that ended TRA
    If that is what you want to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchLeaf View Post
    first 6 months were the best
    True
    Last edited by Keno; 04-14-2012 at 16:50.

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

2000+

every single siege i attended over 3 years-ish, when i didnt lag
    Quake3 + excessive mod, Team Arena + excessive mod, UT StrikeForce mod, MoHAA, CoD, NWN - Badlands, Gunz international + EU, Darkfall, APB:R, DF:UW, PS:2

Gaming online since 1999.