Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    I thought the video was great. I am allowed to interpret things as I wish.
    And somehow that makes you immune to criticism?
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 03-23-2012 at 06:37.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

12,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    And somehow that makes you immune to criticism?
    Did I say that?
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"

Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    This is fascinating so far especially the forensics of the situation with the guy getting burned.
    When the town turned on william? Yeah, that was pretty nuts. They were going to burn the suspect and then the town took control and told the security company to fuck off and they were going to burn them instead. They love burning over there for some reason, it sounds like a horrible way to go.

After seeing that video I am still on the fence about private security/police controlling things but I definitely see the necessity of what they do in that situation, i wish they weren't so violent about it though.

The criminal they interviewed at the end, Maleven, was a pretty scary character.. wouldn't want to cross his path. Pure sociopath.
    Last edited by doomahx; 03-23-2012 at 10:54.

Saw this document a few years back, its good.
    Vordus Shadowlord, creation of evil and darkness of the Alfar land

Hythero Toughleaf, protector of the Mirdain forest

10,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by doomahx View Post
    After seeing that video I am still on the fence about private security/police controlling things but I definitely see the necessity of what they do in that situation, i wish they weren't so violent about it though.
    The vid is not a good analysis of private security. It only shows what the private security forces are like in SA. A different country w/ different social customs, economic stability, etc etc would have a vastly different result.

What do you think happened to petty thieves in the US 'back in the day' when the US wasn't so 'civilized'? Or didn't have the infrastructure to throw every two-bit criminal in jail? You don't think local law roughed up a few people as a means of sending a message to mend their ways?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Vertigo View Post
    They aren't really police as much as they are "good" paid thugs.
    This differs from typical police how? Other than the source of pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post

What do you think happened to petty thieves in the US 'back in the day' when the US wasn't so 'civilized'? Or didn't have the infrastructure to throw every two-bit criminal in jail? You don't think local law roughed up a few people as a means of sending a message to mend their ways?
    True.

if everything would be people paid there would be actually good competition between firms thus better service not like it is now when your taxed money goes through corrupt chain of people

good example is internet in my country there is thousands of ISPs and we have low prices and one of the best internets in world

while western countries with few ISPs have shit net from all the crying i have observed on internet not to mention with bandwidth limitations
    Last edited by Laxe; 03-23-2012 at 14:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxe View Post
    if everything would be people paid there would be actually good competition between firms thus better service not like it is now when your taxed money goes through corrupt chain of people

good example is internet in my country there is thousands of ISPs and we have low prices and one of the best internets in world

while western countries with few ISPs have shit net from all the crying i have observed on internet not to mention with bandwidth limitations
    Are you realyl equating the quality of people trained to handle burglary, murder, rape, fraud, embezzlement, etc investigations to an industry that handles bandwidth and infrastructure maintenance at the cheapest price?

Being connected to a call-center in Bangalore during an emergency must bring great joy to your heart.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

And I wonder what put the entire continent of africa in such a shitty state?

The free market.

You self-proclaimed libertarians are the only ones who go as low as to use such shitty "examples" as an argument.
    Last edited by Emolas; 03-23-2012 at 16:13.

12,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Emolas View Post

The free market.

You self-proclaimed libertarians are the only ones who go as low as to use such shitty "examples" as an argument.
    You mean invasion by European nation states that do not have to obey free market at home since they can tax citizens for war. Thanks for playing you lose.
    Last edited by Silverhandorder; 03-23-2012 at 17:24.
    "What, you think just because you need it means you have a right to take mine?"

Breakdown: Achiever 20.00%, Explorer 26.67%, Killer 93.33%, Socializer 60.00%

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I should get ahead of the curve and ban you now then...

Quote Originally Posted by Sqarak View Post
    Are you realyl equating the quality of people trained to handle burglary, murder, rape, fraud, embezzlement, etc investigations to an industry that handles bandwidth and infrastructure maintenance at the cheapest price?

Being connected to a call-center in Bangalore during an emergency must bring great joy to your heart.
    i did not say cheapest

i said the quality would increase and the cost would decrease

10,000+ Long term follower

The free market.
    Apartheid, puppet dictators, military dictators, ethnic cleansing dictators = free market to you. Priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

American police are just fail in general, no free marked can safe it.

5000+

The free market.

yeah thats totally why Africa is a shithole.

damn that free market
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Darwin
    "Ignorance begets confidence, more so than does knowledge."
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyldor Gwyvallt
    UK made Saudi Arabia a monarchy so they could take over the middle east