Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 52
  1. #16

    Default

    Thanks a lot for posting this, I was worried it would take a bad turn but these items are fine, besides the key, I'm unsure about that one.

    Notice how there is no glory boosters? That's a good thing aswell, the other boosters are 'meh', exp boost? Why pay more so you can rush the content? Alts maybe? But I'm not an alt person myself so whatever.
    Raap "Hitler" Naap, Tyrant of Moradar, Savior of EU

    The BlackHand Order

  2. #17
    5000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,397

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by bmfof View Post
    Anet have always said they won't sell power, and they aren't. Where it actually does matter (PvP) you are insta leveled up, so you can't play the "power through convenience" card either.
    Well, xp boost might allow u to hit max lvl faster (minor advantage), look at what else is offered in those pics..

    My example of unfair advantage using cash shop.

    Player 1 spends money every hour on +xp and +magicfind (mf)
    Player 2 plays normal

    P1 gets uber gold/purple items for endgame pvp, which are better than premade characters items (atleast in gw1, that is how it worked)
    P2 is still leveling

    P1 rapes all in 5v5 cuz of op items
    P2 is still farming

    P1 v p2 . P1 wins cuz of items (assuming both are equally skilled)

    P1 has a huge advantage because he spends is hard earned cash to gain this advantage, unfair.
    - The one and only -
    My Videos

    wtb df2010

  3. #18
    8000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    8,076

    Default

    Anet is fucking awesome.

  4. #19
    5000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CattBoy View Post
    Well, xp boost might allow u to hit max lvl faster (minor advantage), look at what else is offered in those pics..

    My example of unfair advantage using cash shop.

    Player 1 spends money every hour on +xp and +magicfind (mf)
    Player 2 plays normal

    P1 gets uber gold/purple items for endgame pvp, which are better than premade characters items (atleast in gw1, that is how it worked)
    P2 is still leveling

    P1 rapes all in 5v5 cuz of op items
    P2 is still farming

    P1 v p2 . P1 wins cuz of items (assuming both are equally skilled)

    P1 has a huge advantage because he spends is hard earned cash to gain this advantage, unfair.
    Instanced arenas give you preset items (with the best stats available) the moment you enter, no leveling, no gathering, no crafting, nothing.

    There might be a marginal difference in WvWvW, but you're not fighting alone there, thus, if a bunch of players on one server have been buying boosters non-stop in order to get the top items there are, chances are, you'll have the same bunch fighting alongside you offsetting that marginal advantage.

    Further more, you can buy said boosters with gold, even thought I'm not sure what the rate of gold - gems is. The point is, even if we assume that boosters are these great tools that make you a god over night, you still have access to them despite not putting in real cash.

    Third, we're talking about a 10% chance increase on item attributes. If someone wants to buy all the boosters in existance in order to have a couple of items a day earlier than the rest, I have no problem with that.

    Finally, we don't even know how much better item tiers are.

    Honestly, you people need to chillax (did I just say that?). I'd understand your concern if Anet was outright selling superior items in their shop and limiting access to them to only those who pay. Fact of the matter is, they are actually selling a marginally quicker way to get marginally better items then the rest. And everyone else has exactly the same access to said boosters. The way I see it, the people that actually do buy these items for real cash, are the people who truly don't have that much time to play, thus would be non-factors in the grander scheme of events.

    Also

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrillegious View Post
    As long as people can get my point across, why would grammar/spelling matter? it doesnt thats why im smart. Im smart cause i dont give a fuck, cause i dont need too. At least here that is.

  5. #20
    1000+
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    somewhere on planet earth
    Posts
    1,194

    Default

    Nothing will disappoint me more than the fact that they increased leveling to 20+. Anyone know what the level cap is ?
    http://a.imageshack.us/img163/1084/levion.jpg

  6. #21
    5000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radicalhit View Post
    Nothing will disappoint me more than the fact that they increased leveling to 20+. Anyone know what the level cap is ?
    80, but leveling is flat. It'll take you the same time to get to 79-80 as it takes you from 1-2.

    Also

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrillegious View Post
    As long as people can get my point across, why would grammar/spelling matter? it doesnt thats why im smart. Im smart cause i dont give a fuck, cause i dont need too. At least here that is.

  7. #22
    5000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmfof View Post
    Instanced arenas give you preset items (with the best stats available) the moment you enter, no leveling, no gathering, no crafting, nothing.

    There might be a marginal difference in WvWvW, but you're not fighting alone there, thus, if a bunch of players on one server have been buying boosters non-stop in order to get the top items there are, chances are, you'll have the same bunch fighting alongside you offsetting that marginal advantage.

    Further more, you can buy said boosters with gold, even thought I'm not sure what the rate of gold - gems is. The point is, even if we assume that boosters are these great tools that make you a god over night, you still have access to them despite not putting in real cash.

    Third, we're talking about a 10% chance increase on item attributes. If someone wants to buy all the boosters in existance in order to have a couple of items a day earlier than the rest, I have no problem with that.

    Finally, we don't even know how much better item tiers are.

    Honestly, you people need to chillax (did I just say that?). I'd understand your concern if Anet was outright selling superior items in their shop and limiting access to them to only those who pay. Fact of the matter is, they are actually selling a marginally quicker way to get marginally better items then the rest. And everyone else has exactly the same access to said boosters. The way I see it, the people that actually do buy these items for real cash, are the people who truly don't have that much time to play, thus would be non-factors in the grander scheme of events.
    Sir, i often make my posts negative or 'whiney' on purpose because i like to rock the boat, which brings up controversy. Appreciate your input and i agree.

    In the grand schme, yes you might be right.

    I just recall spending hours farming the same instance for dat purple which had the best stats/modiferies for my playstyle, which these cash shopps are now making that process easier, if u spend the RL money. Yes you can grind the old fashion way like you said, gold -> gems, but these shops generally cater to those players who 'want it all' mindsets and havr that extra money to accomplish that, i just dont like it. It turns me off of purchasing it.
    - The one and only -
    My Videos

    wtb df2010

  8. #23
    PvP Specialist
    5000+
    KoKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,719

    Default

    So whats the odds of Gold sellers not being in this game etc etc


    ANet said they're trying to cancel out the need for them but I dont see how you can do that really.
    Also, if I want to sell my gold, what site should I use?
    Reforged
    Guard Tower fixes/updates

    I removed 2 suggestions from my sig because one was implemented and the other was addressed.

  9. #24
    PvP Specialist
    5000+
    KoKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    8,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CattBoy View Post
    Sir, i often make my posts negative or 'whiney' on purpose because i like to rock the boat, which brings up controversy. Appreciate your input and i agree.

    In the grand schme, yes you might be right.

    I just recall spending hours farming the same instance for dat purple which had the best stats/modiferies for my playstyle, which these cash shopps are now making that process easier, if u spend the RL money. Yes you can grind the old fashion way like you said, gold -> gems, but these shops generally cater to those players who 'want it all' mindsets and havr that extra money to accomplish that, i just dont like it. It turns me off of purchasing it.
    The game is largely a competitive PvP game with only 10 abilities permitted to be used at any given time, so the chances are that if you're good, it wont matter what Mr Credit Card has payed for. You're going to show him what money cant buy! (lol)
    The entire system is there for those with surplus cash to waste.
    Last edited by KoKane; 03-22-2012 at 20:07.
    Reforged
    Guard Tower fixes/updates

    I removed 2 suggestions from my sig because one was implemented and the other was addressed.

  10. #25
    6000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ger
    Posts
    6,199

    Default

    if i dont get my key soon ill get mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilio View Post
    You can't educate people that do not want to be educated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Vertigo View Post
    Dunning-Kruger, showing the internet as a parody of the human race since 1999.

  11. #26
    5000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KoKane View Post
    The game is largely a competitive PvP game with only 10 abilities permitted to be used at any given time, so the chances are that if you're good, it wont matter what Mr Credit Card has payed for. You're going to show him what money cant buy! (lol)
    The entire system is there for those with surplus cash to waste.
    So lets say im playing against myself. Now run your scenario wtih your doppleganger having an item he found because he found it using the +mf bonus. That is unfair, and i do not like it. Give your doppleganger a fucking hat, or a beard, not a fucking +xp /karma/ whatever.

    I like what maleboge said, why rush the fun. If it is so 'fun'


    Fyi thats my opinon. I do like the overall concept of it, and the exchange they have going on trying to cut out the goldfarming middleman. (If it works, is another story)
    - The one and only -
    My Videos

    wtb df2010

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CattBoy View Post
    So lets say im playing against myself. Now run your scenario wtih your doppleganger having an item he found because he found it using the +mf bonus. That is unfair, and i do not like it. Give your doppleganger a fucking hat, or a beard, not a fucking +xp /karma/ whatever.

    I like what maleboge said, why rush the fun. If it is so 'fun'


    Fyi thats my opinon. I do like the overall concept of it, and the exchange they have going on trying to cut out the goldfarming middleman. (If it works, is another story)
    People get to play more then me to be fair everyone should have the same avaible hours to play every week.
    Based God

    ベースの神

  13. #28
    5000+
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,285

    Default

    It's a slippery slope, imo. I personally detest games that put any sort of a limit infront of you before getting to a relatively fair competition grounds. In that regard DF is the guiltiest son of a bitch alive, yet here we are. You can't blame the game for offering an easy way out to casual players. Yeah, some people might get the better shit earlier, but it doesn't undermine the competative part of the game (instanced arenas), so - where it matters - that advantage (if you could call +10% magic find for an hour on an item that's marginally better than yours) is irrelevant.

    Also

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrillegious View Post
    As long as people can get my point across, why would grammar/spelling matter? it doesnt thats why im smart. Im smart cause i dont give a fuck, cause i dont need too. At least here that is.

  14. #29
    5000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bmfof View Post
    yeah, some people might get the better shit earlier, but it doesn't undermine the competative part of the game (instanced arenas), so - where it matters - that advantage (if you could call +10% magic find for an hour on an item that's marginally better than yours) is irrelevant.
    Yes,mf is irrelevant in the way you worded it, but it will undermine the game, flip it like this.

    If u want to be competitive, and stay competetive in a f2p model, you wil be forced to always have this +mf on, to find those good items, to use in the competetive environment. Considering playtime,skill,etc are all the same

    In another f2p model, LoL, every top player buys the new class right away, why? Cuz its op and no one has adapted a counter playstyle yet. Now in gw2, using the same example i have been, mf will allow those top players get those items sooner, and securing that 'top seat'. Because based on gw1, quest/pve items will always be better than premade chars items. So you are forced to grind for the good anyhow, and this mf cashshop will just expedite that.

    That is my assumption, and it has played out in every f2p model i have seen to date... Doesnt matter if its a korean shiity mmo like runes of magic or a moba type game like LoL. This is why i would hope that f2p should only encompass skins/non game changing things, otherwise it is not 'balanced' compared to the people who wont fork out 5quid every few hours.
    - The one and only -
    My Videos

    wtb df2010

  15. #30
    Banned indef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CattBoy View Post
    Well, xp boost might allow u to hit max lvl faster (minor advantage), look at what else is offered in those pics..
    Max level in GW2 is meaningless in PvE and mostly meaningless in WvW.


    My example of unfair advantage using cash shop.

    Player 1 spends money every hour on +xp and +magicfind (mf)
    Player 2 plays normal

    P1 gets uber gold/purple items for endgame pvp, which are better than premade characters items (atleast in gw1, that is how it worked)

    All gear in competitive PvP has the exact stats. There is no available way to gain an advantage through anything but skill.

    P2 is still leveling

    P1 rapes all in 5v5 cuz of op items
    P2 is still farming

    see above

    P1 v p2 . P1 wins cuz of items (assuming both are equally skilled)

    P1 has a huge advantage because he spends is hard earned cash to gain this advantage, unfair.

    Basically you don't know anything about the game so don't comment on it.

    It's like if I tried to convince you that Kobe Bryant is the best basketball player because I played tennis once.

    In the time it took you to write your post you could have read one of thousands of articles about every aspect of pvp in GW2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •