52 40.00%
  • No

71 54.62%
  • I don't remember.

7 5.38%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 101112 ... LastLast
    4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Vertigo View Post
    Here in good ol' Texas you don't need a permit to own a gun.
    Yeh and we all know how well the gun laws work out for Americans, nearly no shootings right?

-_-

I have a 1927 Izzy 91/30 dragoon rifle, had to replace her floorplate but she's a total treat, name's aggripina. I cant imagine drilling and tapping her receiver (its in fantastic shape), but i put a rail over the leaf sight for a scout scope so i can restore her to original condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigan Pere View Post
    Yeh and we all know how well the gun laws work out for Americans, nearly no shootings right?

-_-
    Every American state or city that has made it's gun laws stricter has resulted in more deaths, and a higher violent crime rate.

It's fine that you Euros have different laws and they work for you. But here in America, our culture is different. So please don't try to spread your countries laws to ours.
    Last edited by The Cannibal; 04-11-2012 at 22:37.
    http://www.geckzilla.com/dfstuff/cannibal.png

-_-
    And yet our median violent crime rate is the same as Europe's. Legal ownership of firearms has always promoted public safety.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by The Cannibal View Post
    Every American state or city that has made it's gun laws stricter has resulted in more deaths, and a higher violent crime rate..
    Proof?
    We should celebrate March 2013 as the month Off-Topic went Full Retard.

3000+

Going shooting is one of the best hobbies a man can have. It's fun as fuck, and makes you feel like a badass when you get a nice grouping.
    I've shot a gun in a range, several times.....but it's different to go to a shooting range and go through a click, than owning a weapon and carrying it with you..

Quote Originally Posted by Marilio View Post
    Proof?
    I don't really feel like getting into an argument about it atm. But NYC's violent crime rates have risen tremendously since they implemented their tougher gun laws, but the mayor just likes to blame that on Arizona, right? Lol. Then there's always DC.

I suppose I shouldn't say EVERY, due to there probably being some small town I don't know about that has harsh gun laws and prolly benefits from it.
    Last edited by The Cannibal; 04-11-2012 at 23:30.
    http://www.geckzilla.com/dfstuff/cannibal.png

4000+

Every American state or city that has made it's gun laws stricter has resulted in more deaths, and a higher violent crime rate.

It's fine that you Euros have different laws and they work for you. But here in America, our culture is different. So please don't try to spread your countries laws to ours.
    ofc, it would take decades to remove the amount of guns in circulation in the US, with or without laws for it, you couldn't just suddenly decide to "make laws stricter".

As for Europe in general, I couldn't give a toss, I'm thankful I live in the UK, a country you dont feel the need to have a gun to feel safe, hell even our police don't carry arms in like 98% of the country.

Proof?
    google it. It wont take you 5 minutes.

Washington DC, NYC, Chicago.....

Three of the most strict gun control cities in the country. Also 3 of the most violent deaths cities too.

6000+ Long term follower

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/dscf0705c.jpg/

I posted this in the last thread, but I haven't bought anything new.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US...Crime_2004.svg

it's a bit outdated, but gun control laws don't seem to have as much of an impact as either side of the argument would like to think

everyone is going to point out specific cities or regions that supports their line of thinking, when there are other areas that show contrasting or neutral trends

ofc, it would take decades to remove the amount of guns in circulation in the US, with or without laws for it, you couldn't just suddenly decide to "make laws stricter".

As for Europe in general, I couldn't give a toss, I'm thankful I live in the UK, a country you dont feel the need to have a gun to feel safe, hell even our police don't carry arms in like 98% of the country.
    That protectionist "it will never happen here" philosophy worked out really well during those riots.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegler View Post
    google it. It wont take you 5 minutes.

Washington DC, NYC, Chicago.....

Three of the most strict gun control cities in the country. Also 3 of the most violent deaths cities too.
    People do it to me all the time. And I respond with just that

People do it to me all the time. And I respond with just that
    I believe in smart gun control, unfortunately the topic is inundated with the same clowns that wrote the old assault weapon "ban" who thought that pistol grips and bayonet lugs and other plastic furniture made a weapon deadly, not things like caliber, or what the core of the bullet is composed of. Every now and then some article is written by a clueless tool talking about how now you can buy 50 caliber rifles that can shoot down helicopters, when you could have purchased them 30 years ago, and nobody has used one to shoot down a chopper yet. Too much emotion and fear mongering with warped statistics to even talk about it anymore.

Normal User

That is not true, that's completely made up. I would like you to cite even one reference to verify your claim. Even one man...just one. Seriously did you make that up, or are you really that ignorant of the truth? If you give a "fact" that is very hard to believe it is sort of required in the adult world that you include a reference.

Here's some real facts about gun ownership, and safety, and then some links to some recent studies.

Carrying a gun increases risk of getting shot and killed, THAT IS A FACT, an undeniable reality, that can backed up with countless facts, none of which can be easily distorted. Gun ownership is simply not safe statistically, I'm sorry those are the facts.

Packing heat may backfire. People who carry guns are far likelier to get shot – and killed – than those who are unarmed. Just check out some of the data from this recent study Branas Gun Study 2009
    Here's an except from some of the main points, but please read the results yourself, in fact that is why I include a link. Get some facts man, not rhetoric. Even if you are pro-guns, you really need to have accurate data, not made up bullshit.

It would be impractical – not to say unethical – to randomly assign volunteers to carry a gun or not and see what happens. So Charles Branas's team at the University of Pennsylvania analysed 677 shootings over two-and-a-half years to discover whether victims were carrying at the time, and compared them to other Philly residents of similar age, sex and ethnicity. The team also accounted for other potentially confounding differences, such as the socioeconomic status of their neighbourhood.

Despite the US having the highest rate of firearms-related homicide in the industrialised world, the relationship between gun culture and violence is poorly understood. A recent study found that treating violence like an infectious disease led to a dramatic fall in shootings and killings.

Overall, Branas's study found that people who carried guns were 4.5 times as likely to be shot and 4.2 times as likely to get killed compared with unarmed citizens. When the team looked at shootings in which victims had a chance to defend themselves, their odds of getting shot were even higher.

While it may be that the type of people who carry firearms are simply more likely to get shot, it may be that guns give a sense of empowerment that causes carriers to overreact in tense situations, or encourages them to visit neighbourhoods they probably shouldn't, Branas speculates.

additional links -
    Does carrying a gun make you safer?

What are the links between gun ownership and gun assaults?

New results say gun ownership is dangerous

If you feel like it is your right to have a gun I can handle that, that is your constitutional right, but you can;t just lie about them. You must accept that they are dangerous, and if you have one you have increased your chances of being shot by 400 or 500%...period. Constitutional? Yes. Safe, or a practical deterrent to violence? Absolutely not, and even the NRA can't find anything to back up the dumb shit you're spouting (and they've tried)
    Last edited by Dankshasta; 04-12-2012 at 05:11.