Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipe

I guess really, it's going to be a bit like leveling in that game we all know.

At the moment were all playing in the level 35 zone. DF 2.0 will be more like the level 80 zone, nothing that came before really mattered.

The economy will explode beyond what it currently is.
    Gold will rain from the sky
    Items will be obtainable with general ease, craft mats etc

The things you will need for the new best armour's / weps, ain't even in the game yet.

This will be an extension, beyond what DF 1.0 is currently.
    Stockpiling anything now will be semi pointless, as the best items wont require anything we currently have access to.

Just play now, make your clans, grow in strength - skills - atts.
    Carve out your terrain, stockpile resource on the side and wait. Just wait and kill, hold onto what you have and see what happens.

Everybody will be on equal footing after 2 weeks of DF2.0 being out, and thats when Banded Wars 2.0 will begin, by twang of swords and a plethora of new catchphrases when you get stomped into the dirt.
    ..........HELP ME!.......lol?

If anything, start stockpiling players, they will be the MOST important resource come 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Brazlar View Post

At the moment were all playing in the level 35 zone. DF 2.0 will be more like the level 80 zone, nothing that came before really mattered.

The things you will need for the new best armour's / weps, ain't even in the game yet.

Stockpiling anything now will be semi pointless, as the best items wont require anything we currently have access to.

Carve out your terrain, stockpile resource on the side and wait. Just wait and kill, hold onto what you have and see what happens.

Everybody will be on equal footing after 2 weeks of DF2.0 being out, and thats when Banded Wars 2.0 will begin, by twang of swords and a plethora of new catchphrases when you get stomped into the dirt.

If anything, start stockpiling players, they will be the MOST important resource come 2.0

Give me a link to official AV announcement stating what??

O no you wont be able to, your another fourmfaller that thinks he know what 2.0 will and wont be...

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Aratix View Post
    Melee mastery removed and changed to Melee Paragon
    Sharpshooter removed and changed to Archery Paragon
    Fire magic removed and changed to Elemental Fire Magic
    Mana conservation removed and changed to Mana Management
    Intensify Spells removed and changed to Amplify Spells
    etc...

----------

It's not a wipe guys. Don't worry. Also DF2.0 is a year out so don't even worry that it's a wipe.
    Complete BS. Nothing has been confirmed regarding the wipe. More then likely it will be a wipe. New game means everyone starts at zero. When was the last time a gaming company came out with a new MMO and let everyone carry their character over from a previous game?
    Last edited by Dwhap; 03-07-2012 at 22:56.
    "Only dead fishes go with the current"

"the wipe" is yet another reason why some people stay away from the game.
    AV are so pro at good customer service

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
    "the wipe" is yet another reason why some people stay away from the game.
    AV are so pro at good customer service
    http://www.internetq.com/contact

Normal User

the world has been redesigned, houses will be wiped.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwhap View Post
    Complete BS. Nothing has been confirmed regarding the wipe. More then likely it will be a wipe. New game means everyone starts at zero. When was the last time a gaming company came out with a new MMO and let everyone carry their character over from a previous game?
    Never ?

Its a suicide for the company /game who does it. Even with compansation noone trusts ever such a company and its very difficult for any company to recover (See the NGE..lost 250k of players and never got over 15k in 5-i years after their "new version")

Its suicide to wipe. Its a MMORPG and the rule is your acchievements and progress get saved. period

No company survived a wipe and it is absolutely fair that way for such a company.
    Last edited by MortalZero; 03-08-2012 at 00:51.
    Wipe means, i wipe DF from my harddisk !

mmkay AV ?

Quote Originally Posted by Synister Zero View Post
    the world has been redesigned, houses will be wiped.
    Magic Schools have also been redesigned. Magic Wipe.
    http://i.imgur.com/vSFvJ.png

It's a new game. All our current characters will be irrelevant to a new game. As good as a wipe, without actually wiping, I guess.

It'll bring in new people, so whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazlar View Post

So basically, if you aren't already a vet or near-vet level, grind until DF 2.0.

I wish there were more reasons besides grinding for me and others to play right now. Unfortunately mindless grinding isn't enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by brazlar View Post
    the economy will explode beyond what it currently is.
    items will be obtainable with general ease, craft mats etc
    ^thisthisthitshisthsithsitsith
    http://i.imgur.com/vSFvJ.png

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by MortalZero View Post
    Never ?

Its a suicide for the company /game who does it. Even with compansation noone trusts ever such a company and its very difficult for any company to recover (See the NGE..lost 250k of players and never got over 15k in 5-i years after their "new version")

Its suicide to wipe. Its a MMORPG and the rule is your acchievements and progress get saved. period

No company survived a wipe and it is absolutely fair that way for such a company.
    You are not getting it. They aren't wiping Darkfall, they are just not letting you carry your Darkfall character over the the NEW MMO which is "Darkfall2" or what ever they decide to call it. It would be suicide if AV doesn't wipe. They know this.
    Last edited by Dwhap; 03-08-2012 at 05:26.
    "Only dead fishes go with the current"

Normal User

So I'm baked and I had a vision how things would work. Now, somewhere (won't bother searching) a recent update has been posted revealing the path AV is deciding to go. I don't remember much but essentially before the 2.0 launch they plan to have some kind of server-wide events and sieges and all that to signify the ending of an "era" ala DF 1.0.

My vision (lore friendly):
    - Allan the councillor has initiated a full-fledged all-classes war in Agon! Chaos ensues.

- Post-event, the casualties were so high in numbers that Agon has been broken down and wiped out, along with the economy. Cities have been raided and banks destroyed.

- We all start again after this huge civil war but because of this war that ended an era all banks and items and the economy and NPCs have been wiped!

- Characters remain, because stats won't matter. Think 4x XP weekend x2 for all DF 2.0 eternity.
    Last edited by Teutonox; 03-08-2012 at 07:18.

it's not a new MMO.

You guys are delusional.. It's a major expansion pack maybe, but it's the same game.

When real MMO companies do this they create new classes or new races that have special things which forces people to reroll to get that particular content.

but they add a ton of new stuff too armors, items, mounts, cities, areas that have never existed..

they don't make you reroll for that.. the core game play is still exactly the same.

Darkfall should be no different. There is no reason to wipe because it's not a new game its the same fucking game just a little different.

Normal User

The wipe is genuinely of no concern to myself and it does seem to be being blown out of proportion. As long as issues get fixed and gameplay expanded upon i will play.