Page 1 of 10 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipe

Default Wipe?

Have they confirmed what will be wiped yet

The wipe is a lie.

4000+

You will only lose the skills/items that are removed/changed in DF2.

Normal User US1 Player

Melee mastery removed and changed to Melee Paragon
    Sharpshooter removed and changed to Archery Paragon
    Fire magic removed and changed to Elemental Fire Magic
    Mana conservation removed and changed to Mana Management
    Intensify Spells removed and changed to Amplify Spells
    etc...

----------

It's not a wipe guys. Don't worry. Also DF2.0 is a year out so don't even worry that it's a wipe.
    Death comes for us all.
    Forum Idiots Harvested: Jonah, Dolic, Rhade,Loc_Legend,Santharix

5000+

Not confirmed.
    Not definitively denied.

It will most likely be something in between, but we won't know at least until DF2.0 beta in Q4 of this year.
    Last edited by lkx; 03-06-2012 at 10:54.
    Political and Commercial control through local markets

The Warrior, the Archer, the Glass Cannon, the Support Healer and the Box for sand.
    Who lives by the word of mouth, dies by the word of mouth
    http://bit.ly/wk7TN6

11,000+

At this point I'm pretty sure there'll be no full wipe. The only allusions to a wipe so far have been from Tasos being vague and saying "it won't matter" which is probably his way of saying "The old skills will get transferred to the new ones so you won't need to grind again, but the skills in the current form will of course be wiped (removed)".

I'd prefer to see Resfelm writing the blog for us. Tasos' vagueness comes in handy when bamboozling investors, not so much for the community who just want to know what the fuck is going on.

Edit: Also I'd ask that if the grind was greatly reduced in 2.0 (as it should be) would a wipe really be that big a deal? To make myself clear old players will already have a great deal of resources outside of the direct game ones. They'll have contacts, clans, and knowledge of how the game works meaning they'll already fly past new players.
    Last edited by 88Chaz88; 03-06-2012 at 10:58.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

DF2.0 is a new game. If you know what a NEW game means you can answere the question yourself
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    DF2.0 is a new game. If you know what a NEW game means you can answere the question yourself
    It's not though. It's a rehash of DF despite being named a sequel. They'll be recycling old resources and code. It shouldn't be so hard to transfer over some of the effort players made from DF to DF2.0.
    You are clearly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    I think theres a difference between Darkfall 2 and Darkfall 2.0
    im not sure but thats my guess

Theyve said before theres not going to be a wipe if they havent made that clear enough but everyone says that they changed theyre mind after saying that, which i havent seen any proof of even after providing my proof, but even with a wipe its not like theyre just going to wipe you, they wipe EVERYONE therefore everyones equal, no argument could be made against be equal without being elitist. If you want an advantage over someone go get level 100 in WoW.
    Last edited by Hallucinogenicz; 03-06-2012 at 12:30.

this is the problem with AV.. they make you decipher what they say.

They've come out and said wipe or not it wont matter.. but they said it in a way that makes you think they will wipe..

and clearly it matters because the amount of gold people have and stats will still be in game I'm sure..

it's pretty clear to me they plan on a wipe.

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by cod3r_ View Post
    this is the problem with AV.. they make you decipher what they say.
    After seeing Resfelm's updates it seems to be more of a problem with Tasos than AV in general.

Resfelm for president!
    You are clearly awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    After seeing Resfelm's updates it seems to be more of a problem with Tasos than AV in general.

Resfelm for president!
    yeah.. he's purposely vague about it which fuels the speculation. I mean it makes 100% sense to not come out and say there will be a wipe because you have potential to lose a lot of your current revenue.

At the same time it back fires because people are pretty sure there will be a wipe so newbs stop joining and even vets quit because of it already.

if they came right out and said "THERE WILL BE NO WIPE" those vets would come back and there would still be a normal influx of newbs.. which wasn't exactly high, but would serve as a "head start" to df 2.0.

they could even make a big to do about it by saying "get a head start in 2.0 by joining 1.0"

make some money, boost the pop and everyone is happy except the pro wipe people..

but you could make them happy by coming out and stating that items will be obsolete and not all skills transfer 1 for 1..

it keeps newbs around still tho because you can say gold will stay as well as mats and stats. maybe even individual magic schools and certainly keep lesser magic and the shit that allows you to heal up.

they could easily make it a win/win

of course this is DF and no everyone will be happy.. many will bitch either way because A) they want a full wipe because they are so far behind or B) they don't want any type of wipe whatso ever because they are so far ahead.

bottom line is that DF 2.0 will still have grind.. hopefully with balance it will take less time to be good at a certain "class"

It's technically not a wipe if it's a new game.

Question Adressing the community`s wipe anxiety

Everyone seems to be terrified about the wipe of their beloved killing machines and lootbags, i just talked to a friend about DF and remembered this old antilag project UltimaOnline used to do

We could have something similar to UOs "Clean up Britannia" where you threw your items in a special trashchest in exchange for a differing amount of tickets - (better item more tickets) those tickets could be used to buy special stuff. (yaay blessdeeds)

In our case DF1 Skills Stats and/or bankboxes could be converted into Tickets to be reallocated in the new game

Not only would such a system and its timely announcement encourage people to play until DF2.0 comes but also ease everyones mind knowing old achievements are not in vain
    imo

Whats your thoughts?
    Last edited by Metagen; 03-06-2012 at 15:26.
    ANG FRISST KINDER Razor Ramon

Quote Originally Posted by Tsalarian View Post
    Also, ANG aws hardly alone, they were in the AFK alliance

Let's try and keep threads of the same subject together. It makes things nice and tidy for not only you but AV as well.

Pro tip.
    Darkfall moderators are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business other than Darkfall Board moderating, our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Swing View Post
    Grumpy's cool, Ajent is a little tough and Valimina loves me.