Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    5000+

Default March 2nd Update

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/update-march-2nd/

Short update my ass! :P
    This was really interesting and detailed!
    Sounded like you're actually doing that!! :P
    Last edited by lkx; 03-02-2012 at 17:19.
    Political and Commercial control through local markets

The Warrior, the Archer, the Glass Cannon, the Support Healer and the Box for sand.
    Who lives by the word of mouth, dies by the word of mouth
    http://bit.ly/wk7TN6

I liked it, even had artz. Both programmers and the art team must have worked on this one. =o
    "Hopefully you can see the direction we are taking crafting in and there are already designs for similar changes to siege equipment and mounts."
    Even that while not descriptive offers quite a bit more information we've never had.
    Last edited by heliumbox; 03-02-2012 at 17:24.

5000+

Lux Arcana
    Clan Leader

Maejohl has pre beta info again!!!!!
    INNOCENT since the fall of Tughri 1:3 DF 1.0
    XillydorToughleaf
    Keeper of the Forest, The great Adam, life seeder of all true Mirdains

5000+

One thing worth considering on AV's side: the fish trawler has a cannon for defence on the front? What's the point of that? If you're out at sea to fish and encounter baddies, you won't be heading towards them blasting, you'd be running. To me at least, it makes sense for the cannon to be at the back of the ship.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrillegious View Post
    As long as people can get my point across, why would grammar/spelling matter? it doesnt thats why im smart. Im smart cause i dont give a fuck, cause i dont need too. At least here that is.

In DarkFall 2 ships go faster in reverse.

nice.. ships were probably one of my biggest dissapointments.. not just because they cost so much to build but because there wasnt anything to do.

fast ships = fast travel = people use..

nice loot drops for fishing ships = people use..

cheaper lower level ships = people use.

monsters worth attacking with a crew = people use

seas come to life = pirates!

bottom line seas come to life when there is a point to using them..

glad they noticed..

sort of makes me think maybe they noticed all these problems we bitch about but they just flat didn't have the money to keep working on it..

STARTING TO LIKE YOU AGAIN AV!!!
    Last edited by cod3r_; 03-02-2012 at 18:21.

Quote Originally Posted by bmfof View Post
    One thing worth considering on AV's side: the fish trawler has a cannon for defence on the front? What's the point of that? If you're out at sea to fish and encounter baddies, you won't be heading towards them blasting, you'd be running. To me at least, it makes sense for the cannon to be at the back of the ship.
    you wont use a cannon at all if you try to escape, atleast not if you are alone
    Vordus Shadowlord, creation of evil and darkness of the Alfar land

Hythero Toughleaf, protector of the Mirdain forest

Pretty nioce

I would love it if somehow they could make a ship that you could bind to in some way. This would really help foster the entire concept and playstyle of people who want to be pirates and such with a floating mobile base.

no tasos? go on...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6MxDh0lMSo

First company to put Chivarly Medieval Warfare melee system in a MMORPG wins the intertubes.

Very nice update Aventurine! I'm glad to know that our heated debate on the courier system has created heated debate over at your end.

I just want to reiterate mine and many others' opinion that there needs to be some sort of regionalization of resources. This would allow regional conflict to flourish (and if anyone remembers the regional conflict back during EU-1 launch days, those were the BEST days in terms of Darkfall's territory wars in mine and my other peoples' opinion) as well as create a very strong economy, similar to EVE Online.

I don't mind so much if you are able to get basic items globally, but there has to be incentives to make the trip out to the marketplace that the item is located at, otherwise you will kill any chance of a strong economy.

Also, I love the idea of a fast ship. It's things like that that you can implement to combat the "tedious travel" some people claim would be necessary to have to travel to marketplaces to pick up resources.

Have you thought about making travel on roads much faster? Making certain mounts that are strictly for large distance travel (similar to the bluetail but maybe even faster)? These are things that would IMMENSELY impact the game on a positive basis, make travel less tedious, and would allow you to regionalize resources which in turn would make a healthy and strong economy, make regional conflict very common, and allow NUMEROUS sandbox playstyles to be viable and fun!

Thanks again.

Normal User

Holy cow! I thought AV was beyond redemption but this update gave me the slightest of hopes that DF2 might actually be worth my time. Knowing them they'll soon crush that hope with something truly terrible but for now... Good job!

an informative update with media, ideas, and reasons for implementing them, without being too vague or misleading... tasos could learn something from the person who wrote this, so long as it doesn't get scrapped down the road or duplicated in an update a year from now

now they'll just need to get rid of water hopping with begone

if the troop transport ship is faster than the combat ships, people who hate the cannon and repair shard race may have a chance to sail alongside other ships and quickly board them instead... this is also a good example of ways to make it quicker to get into the action, instead of more teleportation

although that ocean floor sea scraper does seem strange, hopefully you'll need a waterbreathing ring or gills to use it and it moves slower than players can swim... at least it's not something 100% useless like funhulks and will still provide loot

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Paragus View Post
    I would love it if somehow they could make a ship that you could bind to in some way. This would really help foster the entire concept and playstyle of people who want to be pirates and such with a floating mobile base.
    I Agree, read this developers. Many pirate clans WILL flock to DF if it is possible to live off the sea like this.