Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
    11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Amstrup View Post
    Are you sure?

Your nation does nothing but let people like me represent it in foreign countries.
    Fixed that for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyldor Gwyvallt View Post
    I know that statements of this kind are normally ignored, but I take it that you are a good (and simple) guy that might be in the army to get some kind of education and thinks that one can discuss about the Moon or the stars ONLY after having actually set foot on them.

You see:

1) Most part of western soldiers "over there" can hardly read and write or even spell "Afghanistan"...they probably do not even know if they are in Asia or Africa...after their shift they go to play video games or watch a movie.....so being there does not necessarily "help" in any way in a debate.

2) Knowledge comes from: studying history, anthropolgy, geo politics; reading books, articles, essays; hearing witnesses giving first or second hand accounts on various wars (I have many stories from friends that are Officers in Nato armies, from Somalia, Afghanistan, Kossovo, Bosnia.....); viewing films, reports and documentaries.

3) The decisions to invade Afghanistan and how to conduct the War did NOT come from anyone on the spot, obviously.

4) Being good at shooting or doing press-ups does not mean you understand what is going on.

5) And please do not start with..."we risk our life" tearful note...because that makes no difference...not to mention that your actions over there might well make us all risk ours over here.

If you have something useful to say, you can say it here, if you do not, do something more useful....

Thank you
    I have spent literally years of my life here in different provinces in this shithole. Despite the fact that I can spell Afghanistan and I know it is part of Asia Im a grunt. That means Ive walked all around this country and have talked to the locals and deal with them on a daily basis. The locals honestly couldn't care less about americans being here or the taliban being in their village unless one of us has done something to harm them. They have no sense of nationalism and only care about their family/village.

Your knowledge is equaled to piss and shit compared to mine.

I did find it funny how you generalize the soldiers over here as inbred retards. How would you describe the guys trying to blow me up?

But this seems to support my argument that paid jarheads of any origin fighting over there are not "necessarily" the smartest analysts......

Regards
    HG
    OMG I fucked up the abrivation, I must be a complete retard. Thanks for showing me the error of my ways oh mighty Hyldor.

You act like you know everything, but if I had to guess I'd say you are just some dumb college kid whos taken a couple of courses. Until you understand tribalism in Afghanistan you don't know squat.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

3000+

You sure??

Ur nation does nothing but represent people like me in foreign nations.
    Anyone that wasn't sure before now is, thank you.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Rachsucht View Post
    Anyone that wasn't sure before now is, thank you.
    ur welcome.

Banned

ur welcome.
    ur? Fucking teenagers and their fucking text message shit language.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    ur? Fucking teenagers and their fucking text message shit language.
    auch.

Is anyone that is really aware of the "knowledge" of ALL levels of the occupying force (from the guy selling hamburgers in the base up to the "expert advisors" of "the President"), really surprised that Quran's have been burned triggering the backlash even a child would have expected?

Is anyone that is truly aware of the level "professionalism" of the allied army really surprised of the thousands of "collateral damage" of these years?
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/14/wo...-children.html

Is anyone that is really aware of the the true motives of the Afghan war (from well before the 9/11 pretext) really surprised that the "hearts and minds" have not been won yet?

Is anyone that is aware that the world is NOT a Hollywood Movie with the "good guys" killing the "evil ones", while chewing pink gum, surprised that no cheering crowds are celebrating the "liberators" that in fact are been murdered in the "safest" buildings of Kabul, and are being evacuated from Afghanistan at full speed?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2...435215869.html

Regards
    HG
    QQQ oh the tears. Tell ya what, go serve your country in a combat zone and then come back with your thoughts KTHNKSBIAAAAAAA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6MxDh0lMSo

First company to put Chivarly Medieval Warfare melee system in a MMORPG wins the intertubes.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
    QQQ oh the tears. Tell ya what, go serve your country in a combat zone and then come back with your thoughts KTHNKSBIAAAAAAA

This.

I know that statements of this kind are normally ignored, but I take it that you are a good (and simple) guy that might be in the army to get some kind of education and thinks that one can discuss about the Moon or the stars ONLY after having actually set foot on them.
    Who do you trust more when it comes to telling you about the surface of the moon - Neil Armstrong, or a NASA scientist who observes from Earth?

You see:

1) Most part of western soldiers "over there" can hardly read and write or even spell "Afghanistan"...they probably do not even know if they are in Asia or Africa...after their shift they go to play video games or watch a movie.....so being there does not necessarily "help" in any way in a debate.
    So, basically, all you've done here is generalize an entire occupational force in which you obviously know jack shit about. Bravo. I applaud you dismissing his first hand experience with your falsified 'information'.
    2) Knowledge comes from: studying history, anthropolgy, geo politics; reading books, articles, essays; hearing witnesses giving first or second hand accounts on various wars (I have many stories from friends that are Officers in Nato armies, from Somalia, Afghanistan, Kossovo, Bosnia.....); viewing films, reports and documentaries.
    Watch as many documentaries as you want, the fact that you're trusting biased as fuck sources like the ones you posted explain why you only focus on the bad things committed by the USA, instead of the good things enacted by them or the bad things enacted by the opposition.

You may see yourself as a genius when it comes to the situation in the middle east. In reality, you don't know anything more than you're told by news networks, civilians and soldiers, who are all biased to some extent.

4) Being good at shooting or doing press-ups does not mean you understand what is going on.
    Nope. Neither does focusing on the bad things committed by one nation out of the many participating in the war instead of looking at the entire picture.

You see, when somebody actually witnesses an event, there's no bias to it. That's as raw as it gets. Witnesses have a much bigger scope than any essay, research papaer, book, news report or documentary can hope to obtain. I will trust a soldier with first hand experience over some fucking self proclaimed expert/forum dweller who simply observes the state of affairs and gets information from any type of media.
    Last edited by Seriousbisnis; 02-28-2012 at 13:30.

Also afghanistan sucks because right now it will not stop snowing.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOkie View Post
    I have spent literally years of my life here in different provinces in this shithole. Despite the fact that I can spell Afghanistan and I know it is part of Asia Im a grunt. That means Ive walked all around this country and have talked to the locals and deal with them on a daily basis. The locals honestly couldn't care less about americans being here or the taliban being in their village unless one of us has done something to harm them. They have no sense of nationalism and only care about their family/village.
    You are occupying a country for ELEVEN years, things are steadily deteriorating instead of improving; your government is negotiating with the very people it came to "expel" (the Taliban), your "ally" Pakistan has closed the supply lines due to the sheer hatred their people have for your army and you think you grasp the situation because the "locals" tell you what they feel it is necessary to tell you...

Your knowledge is equaled to piss and shit compared to mine.
    nice language..........oh I was generalizing (see point further down)?

I did find it funny how you generalize the soldiers over here as inbred retards. How would you describe the guys trying to blow me up?
    GO HOME

Regards
    HG
    Last edited by Hyldor Gwyvallt; 02-28-2012 at 23:17.
    "Let us control the money of a nation, and we care not who makes its laws" Mayer Amschel "Rothschild"

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
    I serve my country by defending it from REAL ENEMIES, not invading other countries because MY ENEMIES tell me to go here or there, sending orders from their command stations in Wall Street or in some Bank.....
    "Let us control the money of a nation, and we care not who makes its laws" Mayer Amschel "Rothschild"

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Seriousbisnis View Post
    Who do you trust more when it comes to telling you about the surface of the moon - Neil Armstrong, or a NASA scientist who observes from Earth?.
    Neil Armstrong got there by bus or thanks to the Nasa scientist? Yes he WALKED there, thats' all he did, sorry

So, basically, all you've done here is generalize an entire occupational force in which you obviously know jack shit about. Bravo. I applaud you dismissing his first hand experience with your falsified 'information'
    Prove it false WITH ARGUMENTS, or you keep on "generalizing the capacity of the soldiers"; that people have to believe someone because he is "over there" is not very convincing.....obviously not all soldiers are dumb, I have many friends in the army, good source of info for my self

.... In reality, you don't know anything more than you're told by news networks, civilians and soldiers, who are all biased to some extent.
    Let's put the Generals in charge!!!

Regards
    HG
    Last edited by Hyldor Gwyvallt; 02-28-2012 at 23:28.

Neil Armstrong got there by bus or thanks to the Nasa scientist? Yes he WALKED there, thats' all he did, sorry
    Irrelevant. Reread my post and try again.

Prove it false WITH ARGUMENTS, or you keep on "generalizing the capacity of the soldiers"; that people have to believe someone because he is "over there" is not very convincing.....obviously not all soldiers are dumb, I have many friends in the army, good source of info for my self

I have friends and family from various branches of the military myself. Some are dumbfucks, and others are impressively intelligent. I don't have to prove it false, the fact that you're generalizing speaks for itself.