Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 168
  1. #31
    5000+ GirlyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khorsy View Post
    Holy shit.

    You do so yourself so fucking much, it's hard not to think your assumptions on Evolution might get equally disproven with time.

    SHUT THE FUCK UP
    I can assume that assumptions are made, correct. My assumptions also are calling into question the assumptions that are being made.

    Science with an agenda is not real science. Real science moves the world forward without inciting conflict. Unfortunately, the world is lack in real science and we're stuck with space-aged technology with a medieval mindset.

    Keep throwing your verbal dung, chimp.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokstarr View Post
    Makestro is a monkey, he thinks a single cell which came alive in a soup of chemicals eventually created him, and that at some point in his lineage his greatgrandfather x 10^10 was a poop thrower.
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMan View Post
    Evolution will turn out to be like relativity: Debunked.

    The difference between humans and apes though, is the ability to think for themselves whilst apes can barely even think at all. This is the only thing that gives the current theory of evolution credence when it says we come from Apes; most of us are unable to think for ourselves and as a result believe what we're told.

    This is also why the US political scene is in such bad shape.
    Evolution is a fact. To deny it simply shows clear signs of ignorance, which comes to no surprise from USA given the state of the educational system and the horribly designed textbooks by whatever Texas board of twats handles that, attempting to push an agenda (there was a story last year I recall of books not covering, let alone mentioning, certain founding fathers and other "heroes" despite their significant impact and contribution to America), or how intelligent design/creationism is taught in Science classes, while actual scientific is being downplayed to something less, etc.

    Even the previous Pope, Jean-Paul II, accepted evolution, and so does many other high-ranked members of the church (Bishops, etc). To put it simply, Evolution does not deny the existence of a God, but does deny his involvement in how every creature came to life. Contrary to what some idiots may believe, Dinosaurs DID exist and proven with evidence, however humans did not live along with dinosaurs...as some christian museum would like people to believe.

    That people also believe that it is impossible to evolve from a common ancestor that is related to monkeys, is ridiculous and shows yet another sign of clear ignorance of how evolution works. Evolution is the mean by which all creatures adapts to survive to our environment (two examples of this here and here ). Our ancestors needed to find new means to survive in order to adapt to the changing environment, so they became more "able" to use their front "legs" and back legs, but it wasn't enough. They needed more than that and continued to develop to answer the constant need to survive and through centuries, we learned to stand on 2 feet, our brains got bigger, better, we discovered many things like fire and means to use it, learned to make tools to hunt, learned to harvest, etc.

    All of this, is backed by evidence: Fossils, tools, drawings even, etc. What does Christianity in particular has? Virgin birth of Jesus Christ? Well it seems that virgin birth was the "in" thing to do back then. And let's not forget that there are MANY OTHER RELIGIONS out there, surely they can't all be right if there is supposed to be only "one god". The whole bible, and I'm talking about the real one, the one the New Testament is based on... is just ridiculous. It's filled with contradiction, a creation of man to justify the terrible and evil actions they've taken as something that should be venerated and viewed as rightful justice instead like the Crusades, the killing and/or torture of heretics (Galileo anyone?), slavery, the killing of Jews as they were perceived as the killer of the Christ, etc.

    Steven Weinberg has a nice quote on that : "Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    Last edited by Irenor; 01-15-2012 at 00:58.
    Irenor Rainstone
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

  3. #33
    Normal User EU1 Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMan View Post
    I can assume that assumptions are made, correct. My assumptions also are calling into question the assumptions that are being made.
    Thanks for publically validating that it's considered fair-play and scientific to assume anything about something that's supposedly assuming anything about itself...and not because you haven't a fucking clue what you're assuming from to begin with.

    Keep reassuring us and yourself of your stupidity, it's working.
    Last edited by Khorsy; 01-15-2012 at 01:04.
    "At least I get to fuck."

    Why SSR should stfu about AGW:
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...=314475&page=7

  4. #34
    5000+ GirlyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irenor View Post
    Evolution is a fact. To deny it simply shows clear signs of ignorance, which comes to no surprise from USA given the state of the educational system and the horribly designed textbooks by whatever Texas board of twats handles that, attempting to push an agenda (there was a story last year I recall of books not covering, let alone mentioning, certain founding fathers and other "heroes" despite their significant impact and contribution to America), or how intelligent design/creationism is taught in Science classes, while actual scientific is being downplayed to something less, etc.

    Even the previous Pope, Jean-Paul II, accepted evolution, and so does many other high-ranked members of the church (Bishops, etc). To put it simply, Evolution does not deny the existence of a God, but does deny his involvement in how every creature came to life. Contrary to what some idiots may believe, Dinosaurs DID exist and proven with evidence, however humans did not live along with dinosaurs...as some christian museum would like people to believe.

    That people also believe that it is impossible to evolve from a common ancestor that is related to monkeys, is ridiculous and shows yet another sign of clear ignorance of how evolution works. Evolution is the mean by which all creatures adapts to survive to our environment (two examples of this here and here ). Our ancestors needed to find new means to survive in order to adapt to the changing environment, so they became more "able" to use their front "legs" and back legs, but it wasn't enough. They needed more than that and continued to develop to answer the constant need to survive and through centuries, we learned to stand on 2 feet, our brains got bigger, better, we discovered many things like fire and means to use it, learned to make tools to hunt, learned to harvest, etc.

    All of this, is backed by evidence: Fossils, tools, drawings even, etc. What does Christianity in particular has? Virgin birth of Jesus Christ? Well it seems that virgin birth was the "in" thing to do back then. And let's not forget that there are MANY OTHER RELIGIONS out there, surely they can't all be right if there is supposed to be only "one god". The whole bible, and I'm talking about the real one, the one the New Testament is based on... is just ridiculous. It's filled with contradiction, a creation of man to justify the terrible and evil actions they've taken as something that should be venerated and viewed as rightful justice instead like the Crusades, the killing and/or torture of heretics (Galileo anyone?), slavery, the killing of Jews as they were perceived as the killer of the Christ, etc.

    Steven Weinberg has a nice quote on that : "Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    I'm denying the theory in it's current form. I don't deny the concept except at certain stages; where I (And I'm not the only one) think more factors than are being explained come into play.

    It is hilarious, though, as numerous times I've accepted times the basic concept and have issues with some details; which are not met with answers (because these questions haven't been answered, only asked) but with insults.

    To me it doesn't matter what someone believes. They can believe whatever they feel is right. The question is how well do they tolerate what they perceive to be an attack, or criticism, on what they believe? And unfortunately, this question applies to the non-religious as well.

  5. #35
    2000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Evolution is a theory. It is a real concept and it does exist in the sense that life adapts and evolves based on environmental conditions, but further than that it is very weak. Biological organs simply don't grow out of nowhere. If a species that doesn't have eyeballs needs sight in order to survive, evolutionists would have me believe it will EVENTUALLY evolve and grow eyes. To me this idea is absurd. How is it feasible for a creature to spontaneously grow an organ that uses incredibly complex organic lenses and a retina to translate light into a visual element that can be interpreted by the brain? The tiny muscles and connecting nerves and membrane etc would all have to SPONTANEOUSLY come into existence simultaneously and in the exact right configuration for it to work.

    I respect science and the intellect of scientific minds, but evolution simply isn't a satisfying answer as to how life came into existence. I'm Agnostic and I think it is the only truly honest position to take, everyone who thinks they know is lying to themself.

    PS If you genuinely do know then by all means tell me.
    Last edited by Valroth; 01-15-2012 at 10:40.

  6. #36
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valroth View Post
    Evolution is a theory. It is a real concept and it does exist in the sense that life adapts and evolves based on environmental conditions, but further than that it is very weak. Biological organs simply don't grow out of nowhere. If a species that doesn't have eyeballs needs sight in order to survive, evolutionists would have me believe it will EVENTUALLY evolve and grow eyes. To me this idea is absurd. How is it feasible for a creature to spontaneously grow an organ that uses incredibly complex organic lenses and a retina to translate light into a visual element that can be interpreted by the brain? The tiny muscles and connecting nerves and membrane etc would all have to SPONTANEOUSLY come into existence simultaneously and in the exact right configuration for it to work.

    I respect science and the intellect of scientific minds, but evolution simply isn't a satisfying answer as to how life came into existence. I'm Agnostic and I think it is the only truly honest position to take, everyone who thinks they know is lying to themself.

    PS If you genuinely do know then by all means tell me.
    Irreducible complexity. I've never seen this debunked before.
    Last edited by PirateGlen; 01-15-2012 at 11:00.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

  7. #37
    9000+ PirateGlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    9,161

    Default

    It's somewhat satisfying to see Rokstarr flee a thread full of information so that he can avoid the possibility of transcending his ignorance.
    Last edited by PirateGlen; 01-15-2012 at 11:01.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

  8. #38

    Default

    How the hell did a thread about a chick doing some weird shit with a flute turn into an evolutionary debate?

    Also, god doesn't exist, just look at this forum. Undeniable proof that God didn't create man in 'his image'

  9. #39
    12,000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Posts
    12,782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMan View Post

    It is hilarious, though, as numerous times I've accepted times the basic concept and have issues with some details; which are not met with answers (because these questions haven't been answered, only asked) but with insults.

    What are some of those details? Just curious.
    <Teth> It's best not to talk to Gunther, though
    <Jarlaxle> why ? he's a legend
    <Teth> He's primarily a legend because he's very good at antagonizing the ops without going far enough to be pwnz0red

    <@erik> Gunther will, true to his nature, probably get himself banned again soon enough ;)

  10. #40
    5000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMan View Post
    Evolution will turn out to be like relativity: Debunked.
    Evolution is a fact, so no.


    Quote Originally Posted by Valroth View Post
    Evolution is a theory.
    There's a difference between the common usage of the word theory and a scientific theory. A scientific theory is the best explanation we have that has gone through intense peer reviewed science and tests over and over.

    In science, a theory is the highest possible certainty. Gravity is a scientific theory, and we can test it to be true. Same as evolution

    And regarding the rest of your post, you lack knowledge about evolution, get informed
    Last edited by Makgyver; 01-15-2012 at 15:39.

  11. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valroth View Post
    How is it feasible for a creature to spontaneously grow an organ that uses incredibly complex organic lenses and a retina to translate light into a visual element that can be interpreted by the brain? The tiny muscles and connecting nerves and membrane etc would all have to SPONTANEOUSLY come into existence simultaneously and in the exact right configuration for it to work.
    I'll just stop here and repost a link from my previous post (which you've likely not read).

    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...evolution.html
    In just a few decades the 5-inch-long (13-centimeter-long) lizards have developed a completely new gut structure, larger heads, and a harder bite, researchers say.
    and
    Pod Mrcaru, for example, had an abundance of plants for the primarily insect-eating lizards to munch on. Physically, however, the lizards were not built to digest a vegetarian diet.

    Researchers found that the lizards developed cecal valves—muscles between the large and small intestine—that slowed down food digestion in fermenting chambers, which allowed their bodies to process the vegetation's cellulose into volatile fatty acids.
    The beauty of evolution.
    Irenor Rainstone
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

  12. #42
    5000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irenor View Post
    I'll just stop here and repost a link from my previous post (which you've likely not read).

    http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...evolution.html

    and


    The beauty of evolution.
    The sad thing is the lost causes in this thread will make up some excuse for that.
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    He said consumers make jobs appear. Let him explain how that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I've done shit you probably would faint from even thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    At least I get to fuck.
    http://www.twitch.tv/makestro

  13. #43
    5000+ GirlyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunther TheBlack View Post
    What are some of those details? Just curious.
    See: the other thread.

    Just to be clear, Evolution as presented today is Darwinism and that is NOT the best explanation of anything. Maybe I should have said Darwinism will be debunked (wasn't really aware it was an ism) will be debunked and it looks like it being debunked right now.
    Last edited by GirlyMan; 01-15-2012 at 18:54.

  14. #44
    6000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ger
    Posts
    6,199

    Default

    forumfall: where 150 year old theories thousands of professors and doctors worked on get debunked by 15 year old school boys that just know better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilio View Post
    You can't educate people that do not want to be educated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Vertigo View Post
    Dunning-Kruger, showing the internet as a parody of the human race since 1999.

  15. #45
    5000+ GirlyMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Esudar View Post
    forumfall: where 150 year old theories thousands of professors and doctors worked on get debunked by 15 year old school boys that just know better.
    Yeah Darwin is 150 years ago? Science wasn't even close to being what it is today, and the idea a fish just walked onto land and formed virtually all other life forms is the explanation when the science is lacking.

    But yeah, believe the science in an era when audio recording was developed to communicate with the dead and then go back to sipping your fluoride water.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •