Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Normal User

Default Subscription doesn't mean Loyalty.

I remember 7 years ago with darkfall.
    I remember Tasos proudly announcing to the world that Darkfall would be the new UO, it would have spells that would rain fire down on cities, allow players to raise undead armies, that PVP would be rife and the world could run 30,000 people at once.

I remember a lot of bullshit AV has offered over the years.

Right now some of the stagnation that goes on is due to Chinese farmers selling gold.
    People selling housing for real life money.
    People hacking... proudly.

I haven't subscribed to this "game" for a long time.

However, I am still here.

If a 2.0 beta is on the cards, should the above people get a key?
    Should I not?

I know of many others like myself who still visit this forum in a hope that AV will finally remember what it was to play these games and not just keep remembering how much it costs or how much time they have to implement feature XYZ.

Just because forumfall is rife with idiots, doesn't mean you should become the harborers of idiots AV.
    Quote Originally Posted by thaull
    Edit: Could a dev please make me blue again since this was probably a planned idea from the guy trying to turn me red.
    Thoughts on where darkfall has ended up.

Normal User US1 Player

i traveled to Greece in 2006, but sadly AV had moved by then, and you know my name and my r80s this is so true subscription doesnt mean loyalty....i know work 6 days a week. thats life :/

They never said 30k....10k at once with 30-50k accounts per server

Also pretty funny is

Quote Originally Posted by Magar View Post
    I haven't subscribed to this "game" for a long time.
    Ah okay, so he doesn't know anything about the actual game

Right now some of the stagnation that goes on is due to Chinese farmers selling gold.
    People selling housing for real life money.
    People hacking... proudly.
    Didn't he said he was unsubscribed ? What a funny dude

I hope atleast you don't get invited to beta because your opinion means shit.

But i do hope AV remembers some of his core idead they had with the game and that is not some big FPS arena
    Last edited by Niburu; 01-09-2012 at 21:12.
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    They never said 30k....10k at once with 30-50k accounts per server
    They didn't say a lot of those things that the OP claimed. And Darkfall actually managed to exceed 10k simultaneous users.

As for this thread. No, subscription doesn't mean loyalty. But neither do unsubscribed players mean loyalty. If you're looking at a pool of people, you can't accurately gauge who is interested on merit. You look at the people playing first because you KNOW they're interested. Maybe they'll invite in everyone who had an active account within the last year, who knows. But chances are, unless you're a standout member of the community, you're probably not getting into the beta while being unsubscribed, until they open it up more. The first waves will likely be to those playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphicles View Post
    And Darkfall actually managed to exceed 10k simultaneous users.
    link??

AV exceeding 10k users included people in the early day queues. Bet on it. Everyone knows how Tasos spins.

There is absolutely no way, at any time, could this particular server infrastructure/code have handled 10,000+ people at once.
    Last edited by JCatano; 01-09-2012 at 22:46.

Normal User

I could care less about getting in the beta. He'll I've spent enough time in this beta. Its the voices of the unsubs AV should listen to, don't see why they wouldn't want to throw unsubs beta invites. Unless of course DF2 isn't much of an improvement.

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Synister Zero View Post
    He'll I've spent enough time in this beta.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by GRCPan View Post
    link??
    At launch when the servers were locked at 10k, we hit queues for a few days. Then AV increased server capacity about 2 times, I think it got as high as 13k before it leveled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Synister Zero View Post
    I could care less about getting in the beta. He'll I've spent enough time in this beta. Its the voices of the unsubs AV should listen to, don't see why they wouldn't want to throw unsubs beta invites. Unless of course DF2 isn't much of an improvement.
    Not saying they shouldn't invite both (subscribers should obviously get the priority) but why the hell should they be listening to people who haven't played in god knows how long?
    Last edited by Iphicles; 01-10-2012 at 00:10.

IRC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JCatano View Post

There is absolutely no way, at any time, could this particular server infrastructure/code have handled 10,000+ people at once.
    Er, ok, you can believe that theory if you want. But those of us who were there at the EU launch saw it happen.

Community staff are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

i was there ...F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F 5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F 5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F 5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F 5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F 5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F 5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....

Yes i got it ! I would never forget that ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Signus View Post
    Er, ok, you can believe that theory if you want. But those of us who were there at the EU launch saw it happen.
    What he said

Alliances with near 1000 ACTIVE PLAYERS online daily fighting for their right to exist on what at the time felt like a small world. Couldn't go 5 minutes without a fight for your right to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Matos View Post
    i was there ...F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F 5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F 5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F 5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F 5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F 5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F 5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....

Yes i got it ! I would never forget that ^^
    My brother bought our accounts. They let the Beta people buy first so we had no problems. Thank god.

Too bad the first day launch was so out of sync spawns were either static and or you would be swinging at the mobs front side while they were actually hitting you in the back.

I miss fighting over goblin spawns...

Quote Originally Posted by Iphicles View Post
    At launch when the servers were locked at 10k, we hit queues for a few days. Then AV increased server capacity about 2 times, I think it got as high as 13k before it leveled out.
    From what I remember at launch the server cap was lower than 10k because it hadn't been tested at the beta.
    The increases in server capacity probably just got it closer to 10k, not over it.
    Last edited by GRCPan; 01-10-2012 at 02:44.