Thread: Arma 2

Hybrid View

1000+

Default Arma 2

Did anyone tried it? Is good it is? Can you recommend it?

I'm looking at some youtube videos and the game mostly seem like an mmo without progression. You're in a open world like GTA. When you die, you must wait for a medic to move again.(This is 1st impression from youtube videos)

It kind of remind me of darkfall without mobs to farm. Just like DF, you have to scan before you shoot to see if its an ally or enemy. Unlike DF, its faction vs faction. So in close range, you can make the difference between allies and enemies.

The graphics are horrible, but thats the true beauty of the game cuz there are much more content compared to any other war game.

GFX are only horrible in the free version. Personally I'm too impatient to enjoy it. You'll get shot a lot not knowing where the enemy is. Controls are also a bit funky.

5000+

I played Operation Flashpoint for years but haven't ever tried the ArmA games... OFP was a bit complex for a shooter though, couldn't see a majority of people who play fps today getting into it because it's not fast paced enough.
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    He said consumers make jobs appear. Let him explain how that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I've done shit you probably would faint from even thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    At least I get to fuck.
    http://www.twitch.tv/makestro

Clunky and buggy, I downloaded and played it. Stay away.
    wat
    skreww L00se - Zealot / Black Shields
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim Mok View Post
    You steam rolled a weaker alliance, and took some pixels you guys are really good.
    How can anyone beat the zerg you guys are rolling around with?
    Have fun nut cupping 100+ players.

Its a simulator. Think of a much much much much slower paced rainbow 6.

I always wanted to get into it and Arma 1 when they both came out but it felt far too slow and the AI was buggy. Probably could be fun in multiplayer but when I tried to play only co op servers were populated.
    Based God

ベースの神

9000+

Depends. If you get into a good group it's the best gaming experience you will have but if you don't... It's a waste of cash.
    Fuck you.

1000+

It's not 'free world' in the MMO sense. You can create your own missions or just roam the map. It's up to you if you want to mess around.

Play it only if you're into hardcore simulators. It's sort of like BF2:PR but not exactly.
    Last edited by radicalhit; 01-04-2012 at 13:03.
    http://a.imageshack.us/img163/1084/levion.jpg

2000+

It's not a persistent world game like an MMO, nor is it exactly free-roam like GTA. It's a military simulator, and it is therefore slowpaced and unbalanced. You can walk for hours on end then die from a stray bullet. It's cool if you're into that sort of thing, but don't expect a Battlefield or CoD.

muddymess