Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: Whats changed.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by bakken View Post
    If it makes any difference apparently this Friday we get a 2.0 video so... yay?
    No way.

Well, actually they might pull off a single character chickening (with 1.0 animations) a new mob model inside a new dungeon (with gui off).
    Last edited by lkx; 12-14-2011 at 10:46.
    Political and Commercial control through local markets

The Warrior, the Archer, the Glass Cannon, the Support Healer and the Box for sand.
    Who lives by the word of mouth, dies by the word of mouth
    http://bit.ly/wk7TN6

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    The real reason for low pop is lack of advertising. I'm surprised you tards still haven't grasped that concept.

If I was AV I wouldn't want to advertise DF in its current state though, it being a hackers paradise and all, and with shitty mechanics like meditation and instant cast rays. They know its not ready yet, otherwise we would see it on steam.
    Ahhh, so good when you make it easy...

I don't know how you can claim advertising is the problem when you were here at EU-1 launch. The desire to get into this game was out of control crazy. The servers were so incredibly busy right after EU-1 launch.

Maybe the population is low because the game has an atrocious UI, a severe lack of content, and a Korean level of gear/skill/resource grind?

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Well what I was really getting at is

• Is population still pretty much where it was about a year a go for the NA server
    • Are the changes to the siege system and everything else as good as they sound?
    • Is skill gain the same as it was about a year a go or has it increased?
    • Are there plans for another 4x skill gain and phat loot weekend?

as far as DFO 2.0 is concerned I'm not too concerned since it seems like it will be awhile. However, are the armor changes going to be in DFO 1.0 or 2.0?
    1. population is down quite a bit, not too bad on NA as a lot of EU players moved there
    2. No self sieges any more so thats an awesome change in my books anyway
    3. Skill gain is a lot faster now than it used to be, they did another increase this year so if your a hardcore player you can maybe max your toon in 3 months. Plus of course they added offline meditation, so when you finish playing for the night you can pop some cash into that and when you log on the next day you would have gained some skill in whatever you where meditation.. this is aonther great feature added this year.
    4. Sadly i think the 4x weekend was the nail in the coffin for darkfall, now everyone that could play that weekend is jsut totally maxed out so battles are even more of a magic span that they used to be and everyone is exactly the same maxed out.. except for the people who missed it and now they have some catching up to do haha.. so the weekend was an awefull move by av.

Also AV have basically said they aint bothering with DF1.0 now and they are going all out on DF2.0 but we have no ETA and they aint allowed to talk about it lol

People are a lot like trees. They fall down when you hit them several times with an axe.
    3D Game Models
    http://dragon3d.webs.com/
    GameFanShop
    http://www.gamefanshop.com/partner-caldrin/

7000+

the game is worst below 75 or if you missed the weekend. if you are into the competion
    The Ultimate Sticky Back

Quote Originally Posted by Itwasnt Luck View Post
    idk why people keep bringing this up. THE GOOD PLAYERS WILL NOT USE 1ST PERSON.

Haven't been on the forums for about a year now. Whats new? Hows the population? Should I bother building a new PC with my dirty money to play this game or just say fuck it?
    As always a lot of haters non players.

I can understand the frustration as AV does suck balls at doing stuff and communicating with players.

Quite a few things changed though.. we'll , I'd say Fixed really. A lot of small annoying things like sielient recalling, paying house taxes by random people, mount underwatter riding, no more self sieging, tower screams are gone.

I heard water begonning is different now ? ( I haven't had a change to try ).

The bottom line is AV sucks but the game is getting better......slooooooowly.
    Jump in and play dude.
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    drinking gets in the way of my lifting

Normal User

People still play this game?

2000+

Haven't been on the forums for about a year now. Whats new? Hows the population? Should I bother building a new PC with my dirty money to play this game or just say fuck it?
    I know the answer to your questions, but unfortunately I have placed myself under a NDA, so I can't tell you.
    Last edited by L-C; 12-14-2011 at 22:42.
    DIE N00B

Eurogamer.

Normal User

LMAO.

Why cant these guys figure out how to improve this game? I keep checking months apart and its never anything positive. The one thing I keep seeing on the forum is DF2.0 coming out this friday... maybe a change in the right direction?

Normal User US1 Player

Population is a bit better than last year.
    Some extra fun bits have been added, a LOT of bugs fixed.
    New alignment system and new siege system fixed the game for the better.

The rest is more or less the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphicles View Post
    New alignment system fixed the game for the better
    Really?
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    drinking gets in the way of my lifting

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by vanyok View Post
    Really?
    He's just another 11er bro.
    Last edited by Keno; 12-14-2011 at 23:34.

I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

Normal User

I'm guessing you weren't actually playing a year ago were you?

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Well, the morning population is healthier then before if you count in simplicity from EU server. Thats one clan of 30+ active. The only ones i can raid a saturday morning.
    Last edited by Realbigdeal22; 12-15-2011 at 00:15.
    The Ultimate Sticky Back

Quote Originally Posted by Itwasnt Luck View Post
    idk why people keep bringing this up. THE GOOD PLAYERS WILL NOT USE 1ST PERSON.

Normal User

Whatever stupid reason you want to blame because of your personal issues, right?

The real reason for low pop is lack of advertising. I'm surprised you tards still haven't grasped that concept.

If I was AV I wouldn't want to advertise DF in its current state though, it being a hackers paradise and all, and with shitty mechanics like meditation and instant cast rays. They know its not ready yet, otherwise we would see it on steam.
    I love how you contradict yourself blatantly in the same post and don't realize it. Then, several posts up from this one, you blame the games failure on the fact that it has the "fastest progression ever" and proceed to boast about this gleaned gem of information by saying "gso" like a true internet all-star.

What you fail at is logic though, you obviously blurt out whatever esoteric thoughts are coasting through your nearly empty brain. chanting the same mantra over and over about how we are all "cry babies" without realizing just how flawed your ideas are. You see, the game is bad in many areas and decreasing the grind(the area you blame the downfall of df on) is one direction where it is headed for the better. This should be something that is obvious but then again that's what makes you special, the fact that you don't see it at all and continue to be a "cry baby".

Some may say you should go back to school and get your GED but I think you fit in just right here on the df forums. You are darkfall's true gem.