Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats changed.

Default Whats changed.

Haven't been on the forums for about a year now. Whats new? Hows the population? Should I bother building a new PC with my dirty money to play this game or just say fuck it?
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

wait till 2.0

Its still the same game 2 years back.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    Whats changed.
    Not a whole lot

Is this a joke?

You've set yourself free.. continue that way until for once AV keeps a promise.

1000+

Pick your poison really. Nothing has changed much here but its still can be fun and its full loot pvp. Or you can try that wow clone tab target garbage star wars game and throw up there. Personally as bad as DF is, nothing beats the adrenaline rush from real pvp. So it just really depends on how forgiving you are lol.
    Last edited by ZeuZ; 12-13-2011 at 22:33.

Quote Originally Posted by cod3r_ View Post
    Is this a joke?

You've set yourself free.. continue that way until for once AV keeps a promise.
    Well what I was really getting at is

• Is population still pretty much where it was about a year a go for the NA server
    • Are the changes to the siege system and everything else as good as they sound?
    • Is skill gain the same as it was about a year a go or has it increased?
    • Are there plans for another 4x skill gain and phat loot weekend?

as far as DFO 2.0 is concerned I'm not too concerned since it seems like it will be awhile. However, are the armor changes going to be in DFO 1.0 or 2.0?
    Last edited by xpiher; 12-13-2011 at 22:38.

Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

Haven't been on the forums for about a year now. Whats new? Hows the population? Should I bother building a new PC with my dirty money to play this game or just say fuck it?
    Nothing, move along.

• Is population still pretty much where it was about a year a go for the NA server
    • Are the changes to the siege system and everything else as good as they sound?

as far as DFO 2.0 is concerned I'm not too concerned since it seems like it will be awhile. However, are the armor changes going to be in DFO 1.0 or 2.0?

population is dead as fuck.. Worse than 1 year ago.. EU players are transfering to NA because EU is so dead.. While it does bring some life to NA it's still dead.. Ask anyone

Skill gain is the same as it ever was.. Plus they are going to wipe so there is no point to skill..

Siege system has generally been taken as "Meh"

NO one knows shit about the 4x weekend.. it was a random thing with no explanation.. Some believe it was AV showing it's asian investors the game for that specific weekend.. So they needed a population boost.

F2P + Fast skill DOES BRING PEOPLE BACK..

Hacking is worse than it has ever been.. Forum posts about it are getting deleted.. No fix has been implemented yet for this particular hack.. Browse the NA clan forums you'll see what it's about maybe.. Mods keep deleting the threads tho..

No more major development in DF 1.0.. The armor changes will be DF 2.0.. they are lumping every single thing into DF 2.0 so we probably wont see major changes for another couple of years.. even though they are "close to beta"

which we all know is a lie..

you remember AV's communitcation 1 year ago ? It's worse now....
    So with the bad communication we get:

• Are the changes to the siege system and everything else as good as they sound?People join in your siege last minute and place the stones somewhere so the owner has no chance to spot them, only big flaw i know of. otherwise yeah everyone can siege everyone with unlimited numbers
      same
      No

2.0 feature since it also restricts skills and is THE important step for creating roles
    Last edited by Niburu; 12-13-2011 at 22:52.
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

Quote Originally Posted by Niburu View Post
    you remember AV's communitcation 1 year ago ? It's worse now....
    So with the bad communication we get:
    Good thing I never cared about AV's communication. I don't understand why everyone does. Well, I do a little bit on the whole DFO 2.0 thing, but its going to be awhile before it gets released.

I see there are still active sieges on NA and that pop doesn't seem to have gone down from the forum activity I've seen. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by xpiher; 12-13-2011 at 23:07.

Normal User

1: Nowhere near where it was a year ago, with EU players transferring to NA it has picked up some, but its still very dead feeling.

2: Can't really say, haven't bothered with sieges other than scroaching

3: Same

4: Not that they've said, ofcourse they haven't even said why they done the first one yet either.

For the armor, no idea, they haven't said anything else about it.

All in all, AV is still being AV, nothing has really changed in the last year other than the pop has went down even more.

9000+

Nothing has changed, except the pop is actually even worse at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

cancelled my sub, waiting for 2.0, got sick of holding onto sub just cause it was the cheap 3 month promotion, figured they have at least a year or more till 2.0

I quit for a little bit and came back a few weeks ago. I am really enjoying the game at the moment. Lots of the EU players transferred over so we got a population boost.
    wat
    skreww L00se - Zealot / Black Shields
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim Mok View Post
    You steam rolled a weaker alliance, and took some pixels you guys are really good.
    How can anyone beat the zerg you guys are rolling around with?
    Have fun nut cupping 100+ players.

Quote Originally Posted by screw loose View Post
    I quit for a little bit and came back a few weeks ago. I am really enjoying the game at the moment. Lots of the EU players transferred over so we got a population boost.
    You actually participated in the new siege system right? Does it work like it sounds on paper? Also thumbs up on the immortal technique sig he's my fav hip-hop artist
    Last edited by xpiher; 12-14-2011 at 00:04.