Default AV, if you want more subs, while putting in the least amount of effort, listen here

Skill caps

This should of been done eons ago.
    Astinus Darksoul - Scourge

Anti-Grind Coalition
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/group.php?groupid=109
    Save Darkfalls population today.

2000+

They probably can't do skill caps simply because they have too many skills. It would make balancing a nightmare. What they should do is overhaul their skill system completely. Simplify it by getting rid of the useless and redundant skills. There's no need to have 20 skills related to fire magic. Then capping might work.
    Last edited by L-C; 12-07-2011 at 02:40.
    DIE N00B

Quote Originally Posted by L-C View Post
    They probably can't do skill caps simply because they have too many skills. It would make balancing a nightmare. What they should do is overhaul their skill system completely. Simplify it by getting rid of the useless and redundant skills. There's no need to have 20 skills related to fire magic. Then capping might work.
    Take away skill levels for individual spells. Thats retarded in the first place because it gives someone x20390 more things to grind and it adds the surge mechanic.

If someone wanted to be a master fire mage they could spec fire magic, intensify, etc.

Im not saying this is a master permanent solution, but anyone is dumb to argue that its not x100 better than the shit we have now.
    Last edited by ZeroCool; 12-07-2011 at 02:57.

Anti-Grind Coalition

Normal User

I promote the grind;

It keeps fools like you away from the game
    -Pro Bot-

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Bot View Post
    I promote the grind;

It keeps [Thousands of potential players] away from the game
    Fixed.

Dumbass.
    Last edited by ZeroCool; 12-07-2011 at 03:59.

Anti-Grind Coalition

3000+

Why bother posting stuff like this everything has changed in DF 2.0 they are not gonna make any big changes to the way skills work in DF1.0

People are a lot like trees. They fall down when you hit them several times with an axe.
    3D Game Models
    http://dragon3d.webs.com/
    GameFanShop
    http://www.gamefanshop.com/partner-caldrin/

+1 skill caps.

Normal User

Caldrin you're a fucking idiot. Yes they're reworking skills entirely, hell DF2.0 is still a year out so plenty of time for them to implement a much needed skillcap and let us have multiple chars per account. This would enhance player economy and give the chance for players to specialize in say crafting or archery.

IB4 "Every skill caps at 100"
    Uma Thorne - Equilibrium

Just lower the grind across the board, it only needs a little bump to go from tollerable to fun. Stats/gold/skills. Especially low end players gold, until they learn to exploit players stay poor and this frustrates all newbies.

No coding needed, suddenly players can PLAY!

Normal User

Its not about the grind, its about the diversity of player types and in-game economy

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    Fixed.

Dumbass.
    haha nice switch :P

Banned

Skill cap is necessary, i wish they would do it. Just a simple system is all it takes

I agree, the endless grind kinda ruind the game for me, i want leveling be a side thing that doesent matter much or that it goes fast.

Wasting endless hours on leveling(macroing) magic like witch craft just so i can get witches brew was annoying.

EU

Normal User US1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by empa View Post
    I agree, the endless grind kinda ruind the game for me, i want leveling be a side thing that doesent matter much or that it goes fast.

Wasting endless hours on leveling(macroing) magic like witch craft just so i can get witches brew was annoying.
    Dude this grind is ridiculous, now noobs that started AFTER the double xp weekend get even more fucked because they have to listen about the people who did play on the double xp weekend and all their sweet fuckin gains. Fuck AV.