Hybrid View

Normal User

Default Want to try ultima online

But I have no idea where to start? where to dl from etc, whats the most populated servers etc... anyone with experience with it can pm me i'll lovey ou

I won't PM you.

Are you wanting to try the official game or server emulators? You can download UO from the official site. Google UO.

Most populated shards are Atlantic/Chesapeake and other East Coast servers usually have stuff going on.

Where to start though.. that's a though question. Buy some ghetto 100% LRC pieces for cheap and macro up your skills. If you are warrior-type you can buy a golem kit and hit the golem with a 100% poison weapon when you reach maybe 60-70 or so in your weapon skills. You can also hit them in a trammel town to work ninjitsu or bushido.

Not sure how many guilds would be willing to recruit a newb. The hardest thing to do is get 120 powerscrolls and a good set of gear. That will either require a ton of farming or some handouts from guild mates.

I can probably farm hundreds of thousands of gold in an hour or two, but that's not much gold in the long run.

It will be pretty tough as newb to get started really. Best bet it probably try some forums or ask around and get recruited into a guild that can help you out.

And you'll probably want to join a faction. You can buy some decent gear there which will help you out. Again though, without the proper support you won't have much success getting that gear.

(You can also farm things like the new ingredients from the Abyss in Ter Mur. You may have to rent a vendor to sell the stuff though)

I made most of my gold doing champ spawns and selling 1.0 taming scrolls of transcendence. Not that I ever really needed gold.. You could theoretically work the first level or two of certain champ spawns and sell these scrolls.

And of course you have to decide on a template. Not sure what is popular this year but last year it was Mystic/Mage and Mystic/Bushido. Necro mages are still pretty solid though especially for working champ spawns.
    Last edited by GirlyMan; 12-02-2011 at 18:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos
    We'll try to improve our presentation on new features, as well as improve player-developer interaction on features to come.

Normal User Long term follower

www.uorevived.com

There are download links on the homepage for everything you need to download, also just sign up on the forum and ask if you have any questions .

The server is based in Europe, I hope you'll give it a go.
    Last edited by ManiShakibPour; 12-02-2011 at 19:34.

1000+

UOGamers hybrid has a newer client that's much better than the original client. Written in c# and just much smoother...

http://www.uogamers.com/ the new client that works on Hybrid is called Sallos. It doesn't work on other shards....

You can play hybrid by just downloadin/installing UO, then install Razor (free 3rd party assistant like UOA for free shards). Razor has a dropdown menu to select from a few different shards, hybrid being the most populated...

IPY2 is the second popular one but the guy that created it is a faggot I wouldn't waste my time there....

Quote Originally Posted by tehWise View Post
    UOGamers hybrid has a newer client that's much better than the original client. Written in c# and just much smoother...

http://www.uogamers.com/ the new client that works on Hybrid is called Sallos. It doesn't work on other shards....

You can play hybrid by just downloadin/installing UO, then install Razor (free 3rd party assistant like UOA for free shards). Razor has a dropdown menu to select from a few different shards, hybrid being the most populated...

IPY2 is the second popular one but the guy that created it is a faggot I wouldn't waste my time there....
    this. uohybrid would be the only server id consider going back to... due to time constraints and how awesome they have made it.

Normal User Long term follower

The PvP system on hybrid is laughable, with wand spamming and explopot spam.