Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Jobs?

Normal User

Default Canadian Jobs?

i was reading my national paper this evening when i saw an artical about canada calling out for laborers which my father is one but hes 50 so he cant get a visa or somthing like that.

But i was wondering as Canada along with the UK and Australia have been choosen by the irish as destinations to find work and spend your life there if there are any other kind of jobs out there in canada?

im 18 and will be finished a 1 year college course soon. i'd like to move away from my city because its the most violent in ireland. also i'd like to get started on my own life.

So if any canadians could give me info or at least tell me where i could get it i'd be very greatful.

What is the legal age to purchase alcohol over there here its 18. also can you rent out a house if your 18? in ireland you cant rent a house till your 18.

and any info on what type of jobs there are would be appreciated too.

as far as i know they want manual laborers.
    Playing Darkfall Since 22nd Of July 2009.

US attack on Iran Unacceptable-Russian Military

IRISH and PROUD.
    Fuck yer honda civic i'va horse outside!

19 for alcohol. I have no experience in the field but manual labour is huge. Most everyone I know is either in construction, installation, tool and dye, and various manufacturing jobs. You basically finish high school and you can get a life-long well-paying career. I'm not sure exactly what training is involved, I tend to fade out when people start talking about work.

Women tend to be more in the service fields. I don't hear anyone complaining about not finding work. I'm not sure how telecommunications is now but that was pretty big when I was high-school age. Rogers Cable for example paid about 15$ CDN (15$ US now) and you just need a grade 12 education. They may have been mostly outsourced for all I know though by now.

And as far as I know you can rent an apartment as long as you can afford it. Houses may be the same but I'm sure people wouldn't be too willing to rent out a house to a teenager.

As far as what you need to do to work here, I have no clue.

1000+

come to quebec and work on Plan nord and make great cash http://plannord.gouv.qc.ca/english/

EU/NA Lyle Odelein

3000+ Long term follower

There is a general labour shortage in western provinces, specifically Alberta & Saskatchewan which have booming resource sectors.

Everything from skilled to unskilled labour is in heavy demand of competant workers. The main boom and big money jobs are in resources areas like the oilpatch but since there is a general shortage you can basically show up and earn above average salariesin basically any job if you don't want to take more of a roughneck job but basically truck drivers who deliver supplies to more remote resource camps make $100,000+. You might (will) develop a meth addiction tho.

3000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleyxd View Post
    come to quebec and work on Plan nord and make great cash http://plannord.gouv.qc.ca/english/
    Yeah the main boom is in Alberta & Saskatchewan but you can get well paying resource jobs in the north of any province if you are a good worker.

Normal User

It depends on which province you live in for alcohol purchases. It is 19 in some but in Manitoba it's 18.

As for the rest it's been over a year since I've been in Canada (I am Canadian but living in the U.S.) so I'm not 100% on what's available where. I do know that Manitoba and Saskatchewan have recently been given thumbs up reviews for prosperity and continued growth along with very reasonable cost of living indexes.

Alberta is always a popular spot given the oil and cattle money that can be found there but their cost of living is quite high. I remember reading a story last year about some McDonald's restaurants in Calgary having to shut down for a few hours on some days because they didn't have enough staff to run their operation...and they were paying ridiculous hourly wages (~$20.00/hr starting.) Of course with wages that high you're going to pay a lot more for everything else.

Here's the Government of Canada website. I'm not sure if that will get you what you want but it's a place to start at least. Another option would be to figure out what industry you want to be in and then search that industry with each province name...eg: Manitoba Construction Jobs.

Hope that helps a little.
    I don't give a fuck what you think...you're wrong and you're an idiot, that's all I need to know.

EDIT: I pay AV $15.00 a month to get "We'll try to have this next week, after the patch we're working on getting out. We apologize for the postponement."...I think that actually makes me the idiot.

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by jakeoc View Post
    i was reading my national paper this evening when i saw an artical about canada calling out for laborers which my father is one but hes 50 so he cant get a visa or somthing like that.

But i was wondering as Canada along with the UK and Australia have been choosen by the irish as destinations to find work and spend your life there if there are any other kind of jobs out there in canada?

im 18 and will be finished a 1 year college course soon. i'd like to move away from my city because its the most violent in ireland. also i'd like to get started on my own life.

So if any canadians could give me info or at least tell me where i could get it i'd be very greatful.

What is the legal age to purchase alcohol over there here its 18. also can you rent out a house if your 18? in ireland you cant rent a house till your 18.

and any info on what type of jobs there are would be appreciated too.

as far as i know they want manual laborers.
    Depends where in Ontario it's 19 for alcohol, in Québec it's 18. I have absolutely no idea for other provinces since I never went until a few years back when I was 22. What did you study in?

PS: The most money you can make in a day without any college education (labour job) is probably planting trees in the west. Some people can pull around 400$ a day while paying their income taxes. (It's paying well cause it's risky, you're out in the woods with grizzlies and cougars) or crab fishing but that's the most dangerous job in the world, including being deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan.
    If you go for something less legal. You can easily make 2 grand a week selling weed, more if you grow it. a first offense would give you probably 6 month probation but since you're not a citizen you may get deported which is kinda bad.
    Last edited by Ragnarok Delrhe; 11-29-2011 at 21:15.

Join us on Twitch or on our forums!

3000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok Delrhe View Post
    PS: The most money you can make in a day without any college education (labour job) is probably planting trees in the west. Some people can pull around 400$ a day while paying their income taxes. (It's paying well cause it's risky, you're out in the woods with grizzlies and cougars) or crab fishing but that's the most dangerous job in the world, including being deployed in Iraq or Afghanistan.
    No don't plant trees as a serious job. I did that one summer in Ontario it is really HARD. Ass busting field labour for 10 hours a day. I lost like 50 lbs (200 to 150) while eating like 5000 calories a day, but don't do it to lose weight lol. I did it for half a summer to make enough money to go to europe for the other half, so it can be good for that to make some cash quickly but you have to be really motivated to make money (you are paid per tree). Guys who had returned for multiple years all had bad knee and back problems and were addicted to ibuprofen.

If you are serious about making serious money as a labourer look to getting a real oil patch job as a roughneck. You could move up quickly if you are competant and as you gain experience, and wouldn't be breaking your knees (tho I'm sure there is some danger working with heavy machinery)

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Krag View Post
    . Guys who had returned for multiple years all had bad knee and back problems and were addicted to ibuprofen.
    You can get a bad back by picking up shit from the ground in a bad manner or use your knees in a bad fashion. It is possible to get a bad back from it if you do it 9 months a year for 25 years straight but not after a couple of seasons. Or am I wrong?

You're a white guy? sorry we're currently only accepting muslim southwest asians.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=380771&date  line=1345590091

7000+

No don't plant trees as a serious job. I did that one summer in Ontario it is really HARD. Ass busting field labour for 10 hours a day. I lost like 50 lbs (200 to 150) while eating like 5000 calories a day, but don't do it to lose weight lol. I did it for half a summer to make enough money to go to europe for the other half, so it can be good for that to make some cash quickly but you have to be really motivated to make money (you are paid per tree). Guys who had returned for multiple years all had bad knee and back problems and were addicted to ibuprofen.

If you are serious about making serious money as a labourer look to getting a real oil patch job as a roughneck. You could move up quickly if you are competant and as you gain experience, and wouldn't be breaking your knees (tho I'm sure there is some danger working with heavy machinery)
    from what I gather, they dont pay well in Québec and Ontario compared to the west.

From what I gather, they pay almost 5 time more in BC as in Québec, however there's no grizzlies in Québec.
    Last edited by Ragnarok Delrhe; 11-29-2011 at 23:50.

Join us on Twitch or on our forums!

3000+ Long term follower

BC is for pros tho, they don't log tracts just cuz of individual trees on mountainsides, sometimes they dump planters on side of mountain via helicopter and are like, whelp git er done.

But yeah Alberta supposed to be best, easiest too, they are planting reclaimed oil sands, not logged forest so it's nicely flat and plowed.

Highly abundant natural resources means that you can make a killing extracting it but this is extremely rural. In cities, there are tons of jobs in all fields. Minimum wage in Quebec is 10$ per hour.

Yummy.

bump, because this is interesting
    Last edited by Umberto; 12-02-2011 at 04:32.

11,000+

But yeah Alberta supposed to be best, easiest too, they are planting reclaimed oil sands, not logged forest so it's nicely flat and plowed.
    Calgary is still in a massive population boom and as such construction jobs are readily available.

It may not be the prettiest of cities but it's not that far from Banff. Plus the drinking age in Alberta is 18.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.