Normal User US1 Player

Default New Player to Darkfall

I just downloaded the game this week and come to find there is a bonus weekend. I have known of DF for a while now but never really gave it a shot. I was wrong.

After playing many other Vanilla MMO's the idea of this game takes me back to my days in Shadowbane.

I have to commend the developers for this. It has helped to get me in to the game and up to speed faster. I realize that I have a large grind ahead of me, but I look forward to the challenge it brings.

Normal User

but I look forward to the challenge it brings.
    Doesn't bring any challenge anymore you can max out in 3 days. But gl with the game.
    Failer theAllmighty
    Incognito - NA1

Quote Originally Posted by Failer View Post
    Doesn't bring any challenge anymore you can max out in 3 days. But gl with the game.
    Good thing there is player skill and human opponents with brains. Also huge wars (considering population remains due to keeping 400%), and lots of pvp fun.
    Last edited by Shaoz; 11-21-2011 at 04:57.
    Shao Kahn - Defiance

Normal User

Good thing there is player skill and human opponents with brains.
    Just like in quake live. Pretty accurate description.
    Failer theAllmighty
    Incognito - NA1

Quote Originally Posted by Failer View Post
    Just like in quake live. Pretty accurate description.
    Good to know we are on the same page. Only thing different in MMORPG's is small attribute gain and loot, pve, and villages/towns/cities.
    Shao Kahn - Defiance

Normal User

Good to know we are on the same page. Only thing different in MMORPG's is small attribute gain and loot, pve, and villages/towns/cities.
    True however most of those things such as loot and pve are despised by the current community and they r trying to get rid of them.
    Failer theAllmighty
    Incognito - NA1

Welcome Lattam! It's good to see new players coming in. Disregard douschbaggery comments on these forums. They seem to drive some new players away. However, there a many more positive and optimistic people in Agon. I just hope they find you before failers scare you away.

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." - Edward Gibbon

Twitter Profile | Youtube Page | Twitch.tv Channel

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Lattam View Post
    I just downloaded the game this week and come to find there is a bonus weekend. I have known of DF for a while now but never really gave it a shot. I was wrong.

After playing many other Vanilla MMO's the idea of this game takes me back to my days in Shadowbane.

I have to commend the developers for this. It has helped to get me in to the game and up to speed faster. I realize that I have a large grind ahead of me, but I look forward to the challenge it brings.
    Hello AV employee #3

Normal User EU1 Player

welcome and have fun! DF is awesome! nothing like it out ther

I realize that I have a large grind ahead of me, but I look forward to the challenge it brings.
    Its just grind. No challenge whatsoever. It only brings time sinking.
    Last edited by GRCPan; 11-21-2011 at 22:58.

Normal User US1 Player

Thanks for the mixed welcome.

Like every forum there will be trolls. That don't bother me. I have brought 6 people from my guild in Rift and we are trying it out. Hopefully they will all Sub so we can be cannon fodder for all the hardcore Pkers out there.

We have found some really nice people to help us digest the game. There is a lot to take in, especially with people who are maxed out.

Admittedly I have not been successful in PvP, which I expected. Hopefully after a few weeks I will be able to at least survive.

With all the rumours about 2.0, I am happy to be learning the game before what ever overhaul is going to happen.

Anyway take care
    Lattam

Admittedly I have not been successful in PvP, which I expected. Hopefully after a few weeks I will be able to at least survive
    LOL. I am 7 mths new and I am still not successful in PVP. But I enjoy the hell out of the game every time I log in.
    Last edited by Red Seal; 11-22-2011 at 06:12.

"I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinions I have no respect." - Edward Gibbon

Twitter Profile | Youtube Page | Twitch.tv Channel