Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    8000+

Default Trouble Concentrating

So whats up forumfall. My sub is about to drop off so you're probably going to see more of me. If you've ever read some of my posts, it may at first seem incoherent or not directly related to the subject. That's because my mind wanders on everything I do. For some reason, ever since I started working (added stress to my life), this problem has increased 10 fold.

I can't remember any passwords anymore; granted I have like 10 different alphanumeric ones. I can't read articles that interest me because I get distracted within seconds and then it frustrates me and I stop reading. I literally have to force myself to read sometimes. I don't know if any of you have ever forced yourself to read before, but basically you are reading on top of your minds voice just carrying away, and by the end of whatever you're reading you haven't retained much knowledge of what ever you read and you pretty much have to double / triple read it to get it down.

My computer is broken so I am taking steps to get my life back on track so I can start doing the things I want to do. What I have decided is instead of getting a bomb computer, ill get a real crap one and bank my money for now. Since posting your problems is a pretty big trend here on forumfall, I thought I would contribute.

do you drink much coffee?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Suncross View Post
    So whats up forumfall. My sub is about to drop off so you're probably going to see more of me. If you've ever read some of my posts, it may at first seem incoherent or not directly related to the subject. That's because my mind wanders on everything I do. For some reason, ever since I started working (added stress to my life), this problem has increased 10 fold.

I can't remember any passwords anymore; granted I have like 10 different alphanumeric ones. I can't read articles that interest me because I get distracted within seconds and then it frustrates me and I stop reading. I literally have to force myself to read sometimes. I don't know if any of you have ever forced yourself to read before, but basically you are reading on top of your minds voice just carrying away, and by the end of whatever you're reading you haven't retained much knowledge of what ever you read and you pretty much have to double / triple read it to get it down.

My computer is broken so I am taking steps to get my life back on track so I can start doing the things I want to do. What I have decided is instead of getting a bomb computer, ill get a real crap one and bank my money for now. Since posting your problems is a pretty big trend here on forumfall, I thought I would contribute.
    I cannot concentrate on anything either, ever. Its rare for me to watch a movie for twenty minutes straight, or to study for ten minutes straight even. I never finished books or video games often because of it.

But what I did do was that I started to practice mindful meditation. Its hard as fuck for the first time but the more you focus on your breathing and just that the better you get use to concentrating. From my experience it reduces the urges and jumping thoughts to do something else whenever I start doing anything.

I honestly went from studying for an hour spaced within seven hours to being able to read through things for an hour straight.

With that said, you might have ADHD, so you can try to get adderall if meditation does not help.

1000+

How long have you had this problem?
    Bow Before the Crazy Hermit!!!!!!!!
    Rest in peace Joke Thread
    09-27-2008-11-30-2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    April 27, 2009: After Forumfall mods go crazy OT dies a slow and painful death.
    Never forget those who gave their lives for OT.

2000+

Those are the warning symptoms of brain cancer. My condolences.
    ~Greatness Incarnate~

1000+

I've had this for years, I think it's called not giving a fuck.
    My Darkfall Videos
    Dufer Bromoon - Digital Dream Team BAWS
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Grandma View Post
    I knew you were bad but now you're retarded too. There's a reason Duelist is played by the majority of the server now and it isn't because it's a balanced class.

19,000+

I can't watch movies at home. Every time I try, I think "damn, I could be doing xxxx right now, which is way more interesting". I do watch TV shows though because 45 minutes is a perfect duration, plus they're more fun and engaging. What's weird is I can binge-watch a TV show for hours at a time, but a single movie rarely keeps my attention at home.

I have no issues watching a movie at a movie theater.
    Last edited by Viluin; 11-05-2011 at 04:17.

5000+

sounds like you've developed minor adult adhd which is often a result of very frequent internet use.

you need to refocus bro, take a week off, smoke some weed and spend some time in the sunlight before it gets too cold.

seriously, go for a walk for an hour every day for a week. if you still have shit on your mind thats bugging you then you HAVE to find someone to talk to.

some people say therapy is overrated, but having an unbiased ear to tell your problems to is truly invaluable.
    Last edited by zato`1; 11-05-2011 at 05:45.
    Originally Posted by Daggermaniac
    The only DF player that I have expected of Aim Botting is Zato Ichi.

3000+

I told my father this, mind you, he is a physician...and he told me to man the fuck up and tell myself to get my shit together and concentrate. He said pills were for insecure assholes who need to shelter their insecurities in chemicals.

It fucking worked. He's a fucking bawwwwsssssss. I even bought a subscription to The Economist, and spend more time watching news. And I've also have made it a habit to go on nightly strolls around campus.
    Last edited by Marilio; 11-05-2011 at 07:31.
    We should celebrate March 2013 as the month Off-Topic went Full Retard.

Arrow

I have similar problems.

(something tells me its quite common these times)

At work, if i am in my office i got the task bar full of different applications and articles and i constantly jump from one to another instead of focussing on completing one thing after the other.

In forumfall i often just screen the posts and dont read them completley anymore. Same for news articles. This increased recently. Cant remember doing this a year or two ago.
    If i watch a movie at my PC it really has to be good... otherwise i will pause it every now and then to browse the web, checking rss feeds and so on.

Btw, the thought of going for a walk 1 hour long every day (as suggested by someone in here) scares me. Couldnt do that at all. ^^

you all have brain AIDS

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Hermit View Post
    How long have you had this problem?
    My whole life, but I haven't yet had it seriously start to affect my well being (my job), and it has always affected me in school.

Quote Originally Posted by zato`1 View Post
    sounds like you've developed minor adult adhd which is often a result of very frequent internet use.

you need to refocus bro, take a week off, smoke some weed and spend some time in the sunlight before it gets too cold.

seriously, go for a walk for an hour every day for a week. if you still have shit on your mind thats bugging you then you HAVE to find someone to talk to.

some people say therapy is overrated, but having an unbiased ear to tell your problems to is truly invaluable.
    Lol I am out in the sun all the time. I go to the gym 3 times a week for 3+ hours at a time. I even work night shift and I find time to be in the sun. One can't help but use the internet. I kind if need it to get the tools I need for learning. I am not smoking weed. However I have been looking into LSD. If I can get my hands on some lab quality stuff I might try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilio View Post
    I told my father this, mind you, he is a physician...and he told me to man the fuck up and tell myself to get my shit together and concentrate. He said pills were for insecure assholes who need to shelter their insecurities in chemicals.

It fucking worked. He's a fucking bawwwwsssssss. I even bought a subscription to The Economist, and spend more time watching news. And I've also have made it a habit to go on nightly strolls around campus.
    ...Insecurities about not being able to concentrate? I have no shame when it comes to that. I know I have a problem when it comes to that. I could see how this would apply to anti-depressants, which is probably what you asked your dad for, and that's true.

Lol I mean how can people "man up" controlling their blood pressure and uncontrollable thoughts. I mean some of those things are genetic defects that need to be corrected. That's like telling a black person to "man up" and be white.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryClock View Post
    I cannot concentrate on anything either, ever. Its rare for me to watch a movie for twenty minutes straight, or to study for ten minutes straight even. I never finished books or video games often because of it.

But what I did do was that I started to practice mindful meditation. Its hard as fuck for the first time but the more you focus on your breathing and just that the better you get use to concentrating. From my experience it reduces the urges and jumping thoughts to do something else whenever I start doing anything.

I honestly went from studying for an hour spaced within seven hours to being able to read through things for an hour straight.

With that said, you might have ADHD, so you can try to get adderall if meditation does not help.
    I went to my doctor and he's a total cunt. He couldn't even remember seeing be at all even though he has been my doctor for 5 years. He googled a bunch of shit on yahoo that eventually lead up to him saying I should decide for myself if I have it or not and then ask him again next year for my checkup.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMan View Post
    do you drink much coffee?
    On occasion. I cut most of the caffeine out of my diet.

Normal User EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Suncross View Post

1. Pick any object in your home, put it on table.

2. Grab a chair, pen and paper.

3. Sit in front of object.

4. Do your hardest to draw the object's outline with percision.

5. Select new objects, arrange them together.

6. Draw outlines.

7. Keep drawing a little every day until morale improves.

9. Profits ??
    Last edited by Khorsy; 11-05-2011 at 13:44.
    "At least I get to fuck."

Why SSR should stfu about AGW:
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...=314475&page=7

Quote Originally Posted by DAA KAPUTTMACHA View Post
    In forumfall i often just screen the posts and dont read them completley anymore.
    I am pretty sure most of us do that here and that has more to do with the quality of the posts and less with ADHD.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Shaehl View Post
    Those are the warning symptoms of brain cancer. My condolences.
    And depression, mania, drug use etc. Unless he has like headaches, epileptic fits and nosebleeds, it's probably not a brain tumor.

Just write your passwords down on paper. I don't even try to remeber most of mine, and I don't use ridiculously hard to remember ones like fJN8GNM89Gfg type ones.
    (color=#333333)(/color)