Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Normal User US1 Player

Default Clarification on use of Third Party Programs.

There seems to be a lot of confusion coming from players who starting playing Darkfall after AV clarified on the use of third party programs and the EULA. Please read the following for clarification on AV's policies;

From 3-03-2009

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    Unattended macroing could get you kicked anywhere in the world depending on the situation. You engage in it at your own risk.

Any use of third party programs which modify or alter the game including cheats, hacks, mods, bots will instantly result in a permanent ban. There will be no appeal. No excuses such as “I was just testing” will be accepted. We will detect and enforce aggressively.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=146164

From 4-27-2009

"We banned 213 cheaters today. These are the people using 3rd party programs to cheat with. They were not banned for macroing, they were banned for cheating.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=182316

From 12-11-2009

Macroing / Botting

We've taken many measures to make macroing unnecessary and we're still at it. As such we're updating our policy on macroing to start with a 24 hour ban for the first offense, a one week ban for the second, a bank wipe, and finally a perma-ban.

Hacks: Players that use third party programs to hack are getting banned every day. We've said it before that you WILL get banned if you're using these programs, not only if you appear to be using them. We are constantly improving our detection methods and we believe that cheating by use of third party programs isn't making a difference in the game. Our policy to third party program use is immediate perma-ban without a warning or an explanation.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=226068

From Aventurine's Knowledgebase/Policies Support Section;

Quote Originally Posted by Support Center View Post
    It is absolutely fine to use such devices as the Logitech G15/G19 keyboards to configure certain macros to enhance your game-play. However, do bear in mind that using scripts to allow your character to do anything he would not normally be allowed to do (Including but not limited to using skills without player interaction) is strictly against game policy. The use of such scripts would result in disciplinary actions taken against your account. Using a script to allow your character to automatically loot a corpse, for example, is illegal.
    http://support.us.darkfallonline.com...id=123&nav=0,6

The first quote states that unattended macroing is a ban-able offense. Whereas third party programs that hack, mod, and generally cheat are perma-ban material. This generally refers to programs that alter the game world/mechanics, not general combat macros.

The second quote states that the first major ban wave in Darkfall was not for macros, it was for cheating programs.

Tasos mentions a change in policy in the third quote, stating that macros are now ban-able (note, however, he does not specify attended or unattended - big difference here). Regardless, macroers are initially issued warnings rather than perma-bans. And again, Tasos notes how third party programs that hack get perma-banned without exception, not macroing.

Edit: The Support Center link states that macros from computer hardware (Logitech G-Series, etc) are acceptable Darkfall tools, therefore permitting combat macros that do not break game mechanics.

As far as I know, this is the last update on the EULA-related macro/third party programs that AV has given us. Third party programs that hack or cheat Darkfall's systems are perma-bannable, whereas using macro programs are (at worst) given a temporary ban.

With today's ban hammer dropping, the Darkfall community needs to be educated on AV's policies before any "They deserved it for using X program" can be thrown out.
    Last edited by Darkfallin; 10-21-2011 at 21:32.

2000+

I copmpletely support Aventurine on this, these people get banned because they use 3rd party tools = hacks. Good job AV and continue to ban cheaters, their tears on the forum make me more happy.

Ps: played for 1.5 years, never get a ban or a report. If you are a honest player that follow the rules you don't have to worry about getting banned.
    Last edited by kdchan; 10-21-2011 at 19:54.

7000+

Me, everything i do is now attended, so if i get banned, im done with DF for now, untill 2.0 and im sure everyone who are not vet yet got the same feeling.

If AV played their own game, they would realize that it is too late. There are few average and way too much vet roamers out there. We either need to catch up fast, or they need to advertise like crazy.

The population is way too low, so we have to rely on 1on1 for now in order to have fun all day.

DF is the only game that turn players into afk macroers. They are the one who should fix their game, not our minds.
    Last edited by Realbigdeal22; 10-21-2011 at 21:06.
    The Ultimate Sticky Back

Quote Originally Posted by Itwasnt Luck View Post
    idk why people keep bringing this up. THE GOOD PLAYERS WILL NOT USE 1ST PERSON.

Quote Originally Posted by kdchan View Post

Ps: played for 1.5 years, never get a ban or a report. If you are a honest player that follow the rules you don't have to worry about getting banned.
    This is untrue, a clanmate and I have gotten banned before with no reason given. We were persistent in asking why or for some explanation and they eventually said "we don't see you as banned..." and all of the sudden we weren't.

It is not always the players fault.
    wat
    skreww L00se - Zealot / Black Shields
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim Mok View Post
    You steam rolled a weaker alliance, and took some pixels you guys are really good.
    How can anyone beat the zerg you guys are rolling around with?
    Have fun nut cupping 100+ players.

1000+

I didnt use hack's or buy gold im banned tbh im done just needed a reason anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by PimP-TighT View Post
    I didnt use hack's or buy gold im banned tbh im done just needed a reason anyway!
    Oh damn.. long time player...
    What for ?
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

drinking gets in the way of my lifting

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by vanyok View Post
    Oh damn.. long time player...
    What for ?
    I think macro afk me and 2 of my friends all did it together a bunch we also exploited kamsets but perma with no warning is wow

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by PimP-TighT View Post
    Yup same here, had 2 strikes for marching but that was it. I did macro the night before I got banned. :/ I will still play

(Jeduthun): On a side note, this thread reminds me of that Japanese thing called Bukkake, a bunch of guys standing around rubbing themselves over who knows what is kneeling in the middle.

some ppl hit way too good with rays and I always suspected some automatic, prolly even pixel detection macro to do it, I guess that was it as it wouldn't be hard to code; I wouldn't ever perma ban for it tough, only AV can make such move...
    Last edited by freakd; 10-22-2011 at 19:33.

Normal User EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by screw loose View Post
    This is untrue, a clanmate and I have gotten banned before with no reason given. We were persistent in asking why or for some explanation and they eventually said "we don't see you as banned..." and all of the sudden we weren't.

It is not always the players fault.
    This is very hard to believe and sounds like pure trash talking to me.

From their knowledge base / policies:

http://support.us.darkfallonline.com...id=123&nav=0,6
    wat
    skreww L00se - Zealot / Black Shields
    You steam rolled a weaker alliance, and took some pixels you guys are really good.
    How can anyone beat the zerg you guys are rolling around with?
    Have fun nut cupping 100+ players.

6000+ Long term follower

I've used every macro program there is, afk or active, and I've never been banned. I've used them since beta. People that get banned are people that use hacks, not macros. People that get banned for using hacks, always come here and say they were using a simple macro. People that get banned for hacks, always lie about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falokis View Post
    I've used every macro program there is, afk or active, and I've never been banned. I've used them since beta. People that get banned are people that use hacks, not macros. People that get banned for using hacks, always come here and say they were using a simple macro. People that get banned for hacks, always lie about it.
    Yes, we all know how competent AV is, surely they don't ever make mistakes when banning people
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=380771&date  line=1345590091

6000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Forker View Post
    Yes, we all know how competent AV is, surely they don't ever make mistakes when banning people
    It's the one thing I think AV does right.

Quote Originally Posted by Forker View Post
    actually i think they would probably make sure over a long period of time when looking to ban a paying customer. In fact, i think it would involve a whole lot of logging "incidents" then looking over them, then actually watching the player when such "incidents" were flagged by the system as occuring.

Basically i think they extend a whole lot of effort into deciding if a paying customer should be permanantly banned from giving them money.

Your assumption is that they what? responded to player made complaints about hacking with a widespread and blind ban? thats how some here make it sound.

When permanantly removing the right for someone to give your company money, im pretty sure its a decision they are SURE they want to make.

I think the only confusion here is what exactly were they banning people for? Of course no one who was banned is going to admit they hacked or to the extent of what they did, removing any possiblilty in their mind of getting the ban undone.

The real question is what exactly were they banning for. Was it a specific program? Did they track a bunch of gold farmer orders? I think is safe to assume they havent gone after afk macroers or autoclick allstars.
    Last edited by crunchyblack; 10-23-2011 at 00:53.