Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am suprised

Normal User

Default I am suprised

I really am...

i asked in a topic before about what server i should return to and wich one is more populated and decided to just roll a char on the europe server and im suprised at how many players are playing.

I got killed by solo players and groups several times now and seeing players in every npc city in human lands and whenever im moving from point a to b i always see and hear some people mining/woodcutting/harvesting.

And me being a total noob sneaks behind their backs to make some noice in a attempt to freak them out and guess what none of them were afk.
    Last edited by Dennis878; 10-13-2011 at 22:29.

That sounds incredible. Would never have happened back in the day, and I heard the population dropped?
    S  U  N    |    s a c c a d e    n e o s

Seeing one or two people is not a good sign. Congrats though on hearing vet player macro harvesters

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bainwalker View Post
    Seeing one or two people is not a good sign. Congrats though on hearing vet player macro harvesters
    enjoying yourself, mr. unsubbed?

now that summer is over and it is getting colder outside it is natural to assume more people would be playing.
    Last edited by shamer gamer; 10-13-2011 at 23:50.

Normal User

1st of all, are you unable to read my last sentence?

Second how do you know it better when ur not even playing? go bitch somewhere else what are you even doing on this forum?

Im not saying that the population is huge i am just saying there are more players playing then there were a long time ago from what i noticed this far.

I remember that like 1 year ago i could loot mobs till i reached the weigh cap without thinking someone will come to fight me while i deffinetly need to bank my stuff every now and then becouse i have lost most of my loot already lol.
    Last edited by Dennis878; 10-14-2011 at 00:05.

Sounds good, OP. I really enjoyed DF when I played it (albeit briefly), and I'd like to play again since it is a very good game in some regards. Yet some things are keeping me from resubbing:

* Ping issues that neither AV nor my ISP would do anything about (no issues with other games), which made the game unplayable at times
    * The necessary time commitment involved - I don't want to be a moving lootbag for months (since I have a life I play rather casually)
    * AV's lies and unprofessionalism, uncertainty about the future of the game
    * Low population - last time I played (EU1) the game felt really dead. I could play for hours wihout seeing another player.

If more people are playing now, at least that's one issue off the list...
    Last edited by Braintrust; 10-14-2011 at 00:20.

If the population now surprises you subscribe to UO for a month, they only need 12 active accounts per server to make money.

The surprising thing is how many people are still subscribed, but play less then 10 hours a week just to keep the game going. If AV operated in a country that had tax penalties I don't think we would still have active servers.

Normal User

You know when the joy of a game dies for someone... then they get really bitter and can't ever feel positively about anything.

Everyone must feel as shitty as them.

They quit the game then spend their time trying to convince others that they can't be having fun playing DF. Sky is falling and everything sucks.

It is so strange.

Normal User EU1 Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Grim View Post
    You know when the joy of a game dies for someone... then they get really bitter and can't ever feel positively about anything.

They quit the game then spend their time trying to convince others that they can't be having fun playing DF. Sky is falling and everything sucks.

It is so strange.
    this

Normal User EU1 Player

idiot
    The Panzer Golde and his mighty brother Bomber Golde.

Quote Originally Posted by mulle View Post
    idiot
    My puppet will string
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayday408 View Post
    Lol blatant obvious kid is blatant.

You gotta be the scrawniest fucking multiple personality disorder loner nerd to first hack in a terrible game, then to make videos with GOD-AWFUL music to try and showcase it as you having skill
    Quote Originally Posted by LoD EE View Post
    Video killed the radio star and magery killed darkfall.

Normal User

Haters gotta hate.

But i am rly having fun with the game again and skilling is easy i just grind a bit everyday to pay for meditaion points the first day i did that i logged off with close to 21 vit and the next day i logged in with 28 vit wich probaly get alot slower later on but its a nice start.

Many people complain about ping, I live in the Netherlands and my ping is stable at 13 to 20 ping so no problems here.

I also have the feeling stat gain ingame is faster then it used to be but i am not sure about that becouse its rly a long time ago that i played.

While i am having alot of fun ingame but before i really commit myself to the game again i really want to know more about darkfall 2.0 and till that time ill just play casually for aslong as i can bother.
    Last edited by Dennis878; 10-14-2011 at 16:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Grim View Post

It is so strange.
    Nope i just have hope that tasos will disapear form earth and this game will get a decent lead developer who is not a complete amateur moron

ofc i feel bitter when they ignore all feedback since closed beta and can't fix the most simple things or hire people who advertise the produc

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Laxe View Post
    Nope i just have hope that tasos will disapear form earth and this game will get a decent lead developer who is not a complete amateur moron

ofc i feel bitter when they ignore all feedback since closed beta and can't fix the most simple things or hire people who advertise the produc
    Every moron can promote a product, like steam shows it to a mass crowd in just a few steps.

But i dont think they want to advertise their product since its not what they want or expected the game to be wich is a good choice in my opinion becouse while i dont see it happen lets just say 2.0 launches one day and its a succes and then they do start to advertise their game it could still become a great hit.

Just the time it takes to make darkfall 2010 (2.0) is WAAY to long.
    And their skills to communicate with the community is the worse ive seen.
    They cant stick to their ETA about giving us a ETA for 2.0.. they mention something about a possible whipe in some areas (or not at all) without further mentioning it.

EDIT: After having said this i do notice theres finnally a new message that came today atleast saying something on their blog http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/october-14th-update/

does the next update sound impressive? no its just some tweaks in my opinion and still barely info about 2.0
    Last edited by Dennis878; 10-14-2011 at 18:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis878 View Post
    Every moron can promote a product, like steam shows it to a mass crowd in just a few steps.

But i dont think they want to advertise their product since its not what they want or expected the game to be wich is a good choice in my opinion becouse while i dont see it happen lets just say 2.0 launches one day and its a succes and then they do start to advertise their game it could still become a great hit.

Just the time it takes to make darkfall 2010 (2.0) is WAAY to long.
    And their skills to communicate with the community is the worse ive seen.
    They cant stick to their ETA about giving us a ETA for 2.0.. they mention something about a possible whipe in some areas (or not at all) without further mentioning it.

EDIT: After having said this i do notice theres finnally a new message that came today atleast saying something on their blog http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/october-14th-update/

does the next update sound impressive? no its just some tweaks in my opinion and still barely info about 2.0
    dont delude yourself

AV planed to relase DF2 in this summer, yet they have 0 advertising done to gain players, hell they have not done anything to get back the old people who left for various reasons

decent people advertise their games year before relasing not after

@ blog: lots of talking without saying anything,
    Last edited by Laxe; 10-14-2011 at 19:06.