Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    The failure of DFO had nothing to do with bunny hopping. DFO failed because 99% of players who try DFO quit before they ever learn what bunny hopping is, mainly because of the horrific UI and the insane grind.
    I think many noobs find out pretty early on what bunnyhopping is.

When they are out at a spawn and realise someones about to attack, they mount up to try and flee. Then they realise there is nothing, literally nothing, they can do to get away as people can magically fly faster than mounts due to stormblast/shrapnel/begone.

1000+

Put something in the game like a grappling hook so that I can get to the same spots that someone with stormblast, etc. can and I will be more than happy.

Overall I <3 the bunny-hopping in this game! (even though I am not a mage)

omg its D day already!?

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Ka0ru View Post
    It will sound crazy, but you can bhop too.
    It will sound crazy, but that is part of the problem.
    Political and Commercial control through local markets

The Warrior, the Archer, the Glass Cannon, the Support Healer and the Box for sand.
    Who lives by the word of mouth, dies by the word of mouth
    http://bit.ly/wk7TN6

The thing I hate most about bunny jumping is if you chase after a guy on one hit and you have maybe full health, if you manage to get close you now have one hit left and the guy you was chasing still had one hit. This isn't Darkfall it's chasefall.

4000+

Ginger has made a thread I completely agree with.

Shamergamer made a thread I completely agree with a few days ago.

Is the sky falling?

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    The failure of DFO had nothing to do with bunny hopping. DFO failed because 99% of players who try DFO quit before they ever learn what bunny hopping is, mainly because of the horrific UI and the insane grind.
    100% true. Ginger just sucks and is making excuses on why he gets whooped up. If you dont believe me watch one of several videos of him getting pooped on and bunny hopping having nothing to do with it. I personally like bunny hopping and feel it speeds up gameplay as opposed to the long drawn out mount chases that used to occur because there was no way of closing a gap between an opponent.

Enable deaths from falling damage.

Bunny hopping balanced. You can't do it continuously to chase someone down forever without having to heal up.
    Last edited by Seriousbisnis; 10-11-2011 at 03:02.

it is pretty sad. .games like fallen earth have more population than DF.

maybe everyone is just carebears..

or maybe the game is broke on so many levels even a basic spell allows an exploit so annoying hoards of people quit over it..

really really sad..

all this falls on deaf ears tho..

2000+

Amazingly since my last post numbers of active subscribers has fallen again and is now hovering at just over 500 on EU-1.

Seems like the wipe vs no wipe issue will no longer be an issue for the present as soon there will be no players left to worry about it
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=293122 DWARF PVP TOURNEY
    Dont Mess with the Best.AKA The Legend/King of the Dwarves/The most famous player in DF history.
    [SIGPIC]
    'You are too high in maintenance and generally disruptive.' Celiah Ailey on GM

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by lil_caesar View Post
    Hm, why making it so complicated? Why not just remove shrapnel and begone? Or make them not usable for bunny hopping?
    Because that makes sense. Truly, all you have to do is disable them in game and its fixed. Aventurine developers are garbage. Darkfall is a cash cow they don't pay attention to anymore.

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Furyos View Post
    Because that makes sense. Truly, all you have to do is disable them in game and its fixed. Aventurine developers are garbage. Darkfall is a cash cow they don't pay attention to anymore.
    Hard to call it a cash cow when they have like 2k subscribers

Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    Hard to call it a cash cow when they have like 2k subscribers
    sounds like if you have your rent paid in greece your rich.

Pretty funny people are still holding on to the 'it takes skill to bunnyhop!' nonsense. My 9 yr old neice could do it after my ping was cut in half.

skill lolz, everytime I think about coming back I remember some horrible mechanic like this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6MxDh0lMSo

First company to put Chivarly Medieval Warfare melee system in a MMORPG wins the intertubes.

darkfall didn't fail, it just catters best to uber hardcore macro community I suggested numerous times systems that would eliminate all grind without any extra prestige classes or armor specializations

Quote Originally Posted by freakd View Post
    darkfall didn't fail, it just catters best to uber hardcore macro community I suggested numerous times systems that would eliminate all grind without any extra prestige classes or armor specializations
    but you assumed AV pays any attention at all..

I want some way to escape the zerg
    Dirty Sjouks
    Vids:
    1 2 3 4 5

27-04-2010 RIP all hackers :D