Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast
    2000+

Default One of the many reasons Darkfall failed

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=222081

Bunny hopping was never dealt with and all my predictions in this classic thread have come true.

Every exploit and abuse of game mechanics was regarded by the devs as 'a clever use of game mechanics' and this attitude has lead to todays state of DF where it has a far lower population than many free MMOs or even paid for MMos that have been out for 10 years or more.

Very sad.
    Last edited by Ginger Magician; 10-09-2011 at 08:20.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=293122 DWARF PVP TOURNEY
    Dont Mess with the Best.AKA The Legend/King of the Dwarves/The most famous player in DF history.
    [SIGPIC]
    'You are too high in maintenance and generally disruptive.' Celiah Ailey on GM

Normal User

Well me personally totally agree with u on this. Yesterday 6-8 of us were roaming around center and met a group of 5 enemies. After fisrt few strikes enemy decides to flee and they all bunny hop different directions. So for the near half of hour we were chasing them and eventually killed. However i cant call it fun fight at all whats fun in chasing enemy for 30 minutes?

Just imagine if there was no bunny hopping. Without it we would have a classical and enjoyable fight with tactics included and other stuff, but nowadays it always ends in long and boring chasing
    Added that ppl with ping slightly over 100 cant use it and there u go
    One of the reasons im looking for other games now.
    Last edited by lil_caesar; 10-09-2011 at 08:40.
    Lil Caesar

5000+

There still are Pros Carebears who call it "skillz".
    Last edited by lkx; 10-09-2011 at 10:00.
    Political and Commercial control through local markets

The Warrior, the Archer, the Glass Cannon, the Support Healer and the Box for sand.
    Who lives by the word of mouth, dies by the word of mouth
    http://bit.ly/wk7TN6

while bunny hopping can be fun it surely is a bad mechanic... gives skilled robed players the possibility to raid citys and when they see "oh there are more than 2 players here herpaderp" they just bunnyhop away to friends or just outheal and kill you fast if some of the properly geared defenders are able to jump after you.

the fact that the one who flees can do it at 10% and the attacker who has to follow let's say at 90%, after 4-5 jumps both are <10%.

how is that fair? especialy if you are wearing heavy gear all the time you theoreticly just have to let everyone go because you can't mitigate fall dmg with your heavy armor.

bad mechanic all the way.
    pandora getting a medium t-map from orolt right next to sunthrone:
    Orolt Lifebringer: getting 7 people out of the city to chase 1 guy who doesn't even have good gear?
    Orolt Lifebringer: i really wish you get wiped out of the map
    Orolt Lifebringer: brb gonna talk with xzy

I remember Darkfall prior to the bunnyhoping days. The worst that used to happen is people would use their (normal) mount to bunny hop downhill. Seems like a distant memory, as does a populated world. When you stop and think about it, this mechanic is absolutely absurd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHh7xGQ-AsI

the only thing I can say in favour of bunnyhopping is at least it takes skill, unless its scripted ofc.

In terms of fixes though, I think fire knock ups followed by insta cast rays should come first. Its depressing how the game has distilled into this mechanic that any bad player can use.

Normal User

What pisses me off the most is the fact that we have to wait shitload of time till DF2 is out and bunnyhopping is fixed (or may be not fixed). Why wait for DF2? Why not to fix it now? Im sure it will not take a lot of time to do that.

Damn, AV are the worst sellers of their product. The lowest level trader on small market in a shithole of the world knows more about sales and making profit than AV.
    Lil Caesar

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by lil_caesar View Post
    What pisses me off the most is the fact that we have to wait shitload of time till DF2 is out and bunnyhopping is fixed (or may be not fixed). Why wait for DF2? Why not to fix it now? Im sure it will not take a lot of time to do that.

Damn, AV are the worst sellers of their product. The lowest level trader on small market in a shithole of the world knows more about sales and making profit than AV.
    Because it would mean to fix the physics, and it's not going to happen before the engine recoding of 2.0 (assuming that they're actually doing it. You never know with AV)
    Last edited by lkx; 10-09-2011 at 10:32.

The Warrior, the Archer, the Glass Cannon, the Support Healer and the Box for sand.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by lkx View Post
    Because it would mean to fix the physics, and it's not going to happen before the engine recoding of 2.0 (assuming that they're actually doing it. You never know with AV)
    Hm, why making it so complicated? Why not just remove shrapnel and begone? Or make them not usable for bunny hopping?
    Lil Caesar

bunny hoping is cool, and needs player skill.

(and I'm saying this as non-hopper)

5000+

Hm, why making it so complicated? Why not just remove shrapnel and begone? Or make them not usable for bunny hopping?
    Removing the spells would be a dirt bandaid which a lot of players wouldn't like.
    And it's not possible to "make them not usable for bunny hopping", because they aren't meant to do that in the first place, it's a physics glitch, not an intended effect of those spells. You have to fix the physics to fix that.
    Last edited by lkx; 10-09-2011 at 10:54.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by Lando View Post
    bunny hoping is cool, and needs player skill.

(and I'm saying this as non-hopper)
    This game needs players. Player skill involved is more than enough. No point making it so much complicated.
    Lil Caesar

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by lkx View Post
    Removing the spells would be a dirt bandaid which a lot of players wouldn't like.
    And it's not possible to "make them not usable for bunny hopping", because they aren't meant to do that in the first place, it's a physics glitch, not an intended effect of those spells. You have to fix the physics to fix that.
    Forget about physics. The only reason ppl level begone and use shrapnel is bunny hopping. Completely removing them will not affect the game, because there is almost no use for them, but bunnyhopping.
    There are a lot more players who quit because of bunnyhopping. A lot more than those who like it.
    Lil Caesar

Normal User US1 Player

So you never took an exploit in a game and made it work for you?
    Really? Never? You never played a game and seen that you could take the design of the game and make it work for you? Really?

I have a hard time believing that my friends.

First Mario World way back on the first original Nintendo... Jump up and knock the turtle on its back... then Jump and make it to where you land on the shell then bounce and land on the shell again..119 times = 99 lives!

These kind of exploits have been around for as long as I have been gaming.
    they are "part of gaming".

I think a hacker should be banned A.S.A.P no questions asked but this kind of exploit based on the way the game is designed is "part of the game".

**another example from way back when on an even more popular game.. the Ghost on Ms Pacman would be chasing you... you could let the ghost get right behind you.. then if you waited till the last possible second.. you could turn to the ghost and go through his body, something that was not meant to happen but.. did happen all the time.

You send out a negative signal through the brain.. you get that signal back. I only see negative with you.. and yep.. more negative posts.

Look at the game as.. cool still keeping the tradition alive (exploit) or heheh he used more regs then I did.. or, let him hop away and say .. "could have died and lost my items but I still have them and that guy didn't kill me"

Put out a positive signal.. that gets you in position to be in that frequency. The brain when thinking creates a signal.. like radio signal.The brain is a transmitter and receiver of energy and thoughts are energy and they go out faster then a radio signal and get in a frequency.

Change your signal my friend.
    Last edited by GameChanger; 10-09-2011 at 11:48.

Forget about physics. The only reason ppl level begone and use shrapnel is bunny hopping. Completely removing them will not affect the game, because there is almost no use for them, but bunnyhopping.
    There are a lot more players who quit because of bunnyhopping. A lot more than those who like it.
    could still just bunnyhop down a mountain, wouldn't fix anything.

Normal User

Looks like only fans of the game are left here and only them read this forum. Those who quit already forgot about DF forever and dont read about it anything. Well, ok, i will probably quit too soon. The only thing that stops me is my bank and stuff i farmed for almost 2 years of playing. Sometimes i even want myself be banned to get rid of DF and not come back
    Last edited by lil_caesar; 10-09-2011 at 12:03.
    Lil Caesar