Normal User US1 Player

Default Unsubbed Discussion of the "Spotted" thread.

Posted by CharlesManson in the Suggestion section;

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesManson View Post
    How many people out there actually like the spotted system. Personally I think it removes all element of stealth while raiding city. I feel that towers alone are enough warning for enemy clans to react.

I would like to see it removed, in my opinion its one of many small issues that ruining the game. Please respond with your view!
    Currently, 65% of voters wish to see the System Messages removed, 35% want it to stay. Let us begin a similar discussion among Darkfall's former players. What are your thoughts on the system messages for players entering a holding? Should the feature be removed? Changed? Kept the same?

Although the current vote points towards "Yes, Remove", one third of the voters (our most accurate representation of Darkfall's population) want it to stay. Therefore, a compromise and/or change to the system would seem like a most logical option.

As former Darkfall players, the demographic that is closest to repopulating Agon, how would you handle the holding alert system, if at all?

Normal User US1 Player

My thoughts;

I must admit that I've found the system alert messages very useful in the past. I get quite a rush when a wave of enemies hit system and the alarm sounds from the city inhabitants, enabling enough time to mount a defense. The system alert system has won my alliance and myself many-a battles. I also think that having no alert system would become annoying, as when a holding is raided countless hours would be spent searching every corner of a holding for a player who may or may not have stayed behind. I at least like to know when the holding is clear.

However, I also acknowledge the negatives of having such a system. City raiding is a game of "trip system and run", a game that I don't much enjoy. I think I would have a lot more fun raiding cities if I was able to get into the middle of it without anyone knowing that I'm there.

My compromise and proposal - towers signal an alert message. Entering a holding no longer triggers a system message to the owning clan, but when a player is zapped by a tower, an alert message is sent out for that player only. It is still possible to sneak into a holding without being detected, but one must choose a path that evades any towers to do so. Rather than blatantly remove or keep the system message feature, I find this to be an interesting alteration that maintains an alert system for those that want it, while also giving players that don't a creative way of sneaking into a holding.

With 2.0's revamped player holdings, this would be the best time to implement such a system - the devs can move towers and structures around to give players the maximum number of possible paths to take into the heart of a holding.
    Last edited by Darkfallin; 10-08-2011 at 01:29.

7000+ EU1 Player

wtf why do you have my sig

I don't think it's a very big problem with the game. I'd probably be slightly in favor of removing them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by VladDrax View Post
    your retarted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garful View Post
    I'm not saying The Boss is a black woman in a wheel chair, but