Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Default Hi im new, 1 question

I just started playing but some people told me I could level my character for two months just to have it wiped away, is this information correct?

What would be the point for anyone to start playing now?

I'm just on the trial but was going to buy the game until I heard about this.

Help ??

Hi there,

I would suggest you read your way throught the blog.. then you know what everyone else knows.

The blog you can find here:
    http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/

Start with: http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/d...a-closer-look/
    If you have account issues, please send an email to noaccount@aventurine.gr - This will create a support ticket directly to help Aventurine track your issue and resolve it.

Darkfall moderators are not paid employees of Aventurine. In all business other than Darkfall Board moderating, our opinions are entirely our own, and do not represent official Aventurine opinions.

Last year AV said they would never wipe, then in multiple posts this year, AV backtracked and said they're having an internal dialogue about wiping, but told the playerbase it's "not an issue for the present."

So it can be infered that they want to wipe, and are seriously considering it, but refuse to tell the playerbase because everyone will quit the game. Whether or not they do, only time will tell, from the sounds of it they're counting on Chinese subs to pay the bills once "df2010" comes out, if the game survives to that point.

This talk about a wipe literally caused half the players to quit already, and the fact that they refuse to honestly communicate with the consumers of their product (or recant what they've said over the last 6 months), says something in my mind about what they're going to do...ie. they're gonna wipe the game. No one wants to talk about this though because it will cause even more people to quit in droves and there's not many people left.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=380771&date  line=1345590091

1000+

Check my sig, yet 1month +- ago AV said they may would wipe.

So reading the blog won't solve anything, they change their minds like i change sets in game. There's no concrete answer for that, since they refuse to tell us, we all believe they will wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    Expansion / Relaunch doesn't mean a server wipe but it may give fresh options to new and existing players.
    I'll repeat that we're not going to wipe the servers in case that's still unclear.
    Source: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=265301

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Anhor View Post
    Hi there,
    I would suggest you read your way throught the blog.. then you know what everyone else knows.
    What a kind way to say "then you know as much as before".

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by DAA KAPUTTMACHA View Post
    What a kind way to say "then you know as much as before".
    rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    Expansion / Relaunch doesn't mean a server wipe but it may give fresh options to new and existing players.
    I'll repeat that we're not going to wipe the servers in case that's still unclear.
    Source: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=265301

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Komodo Dragon View Post
    I just started playing but some people told me I could level my character for two months just to have it wiped away, is this information correct?

What would be the point for anyone to start playing now?

I'm just on the trial but was going to buy the game until I heard about this.

Help ??
    Don't worry, it's not an issue for the present.
    You won't level your char for two months to have it wiped, because even if they decide to wipe (fully or partially) with 2.0 it's not going to happen before at least one year, so, enjoy the game!
    Last edited by lkx; 09-19-2011 at 19:34.
    Political and Commercial control through local markets

The Warrior, the Archer, the Glass Cannon, the Support Healer and the Box for sand.
    Who lives by the word of mouth, dies by the word of mouth
    http://bit.ly/wk7TN6

Normal User

if for some reason, all their servers 'coincidentally' crash - causing a server wipe.

Don't worry, playing 2 months just to lose it is nothing compared to what 99% of the remaining player base will encounter.

Consider this practice-- you'll definitely need it

2 months are you guys crazy?

Since when has AV ever done anything in less then 6 months after the ETA?

Quote Originally Posted by Kab112 View Post
    Ps. Captain Kirk is awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldy View Post
    Captain Kirk <3

9000+

I suggest get out now

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

2000+

darkfall 2010

2000+

Aventurine are niether confirming or denying a wipe. Take your chances.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Valroth View Post
    Aventurine are niether confirming or denying a wipe. Take your chances.
    This.

Everyone has their own opinion, some saying that a full wipe is imminent, some a partial, some that there will no wipe. The bottom line is no one but AV knows right now and the rest is speculation.

-Andrew
    Kimoshu Grakenshalmn

Middleman Rep

Banned

thanks all for the replies.

DF 2.0 is ages away.. i mean literally. 2013 at the earliest would be my guess.

So basically what that means is that you'll grind your ass off to the point of hating this game.. then they'll wipe it away and ask you to come back..

but you will come back because you poured your life into the game previously..

at that point it's up to AV to deliver or not.