Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Rate my Build

  1. #1
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    960

    Default Rate my Build

    Hey guys, i am building my brother a computer for gaming, he is mainly looking forward to battlefield 3. So please look at it and tell me what you think

    GPU:XFX HD695XZDDC Radeon HD 6950 1GB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150527

    Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119160

    MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128514

    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103913

    Ram: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231460

    PSU:Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750 750W
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817371049

    HD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136533




    I started the Forumfall Hairstyle Meme.

  2. #2

    Default

    Let's see some pics of your abs & pecs first

  3. #3

    Default

    Wait for the new generation of hardware to come out. The 7000 series of AMD GPUs are coming out this year.
    Spoiler

  4. #4
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    960

    Default

    nvm i went with an Intel build instead




    I started the Forumfall Hairstyle Meme.

  5. #5
    5000+
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    1984
    Posts
    5,239

    Default

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822152185

    Get a few of these instead. Pretty much identical performance and less noisy according to a comprehensive HDD test I read a while back. And cheaper too. I have two I'm happy with, very silent compared to other disks, and way faster than "green" disks. Not bad power consumption either. If you get identical ones, you'll have some hassle identifying them at time. Errors of this kind can be avoided by attaching them with hotswap. If they are identical, they should all make similar types and level of noise so they'll be even less annoying.
    (color=#333333)(/color)

  6. #6

    Default

    I went AMD Phenom II and I would suggest you go Intel. Intel seems to run DF better.
    wat
    skreww L00se - Zealot / Black Shields
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim Mok View Post
    You steam rolled a weaker alliance, and took some pixels you guys are really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim Mok View Post
    How can anyone beat the zerg you guys are rolling around with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim Mok View Post
    Have fun nut cupping 100+ players.

  7. #7
    11,000+ Death's Chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,224

    Default

    Amd cpu?

    HDD?

    The rest is good.

    Definitely go with Intel though, and also go for an SSD (Sata 3). It's mind boggingly faster than an hdd.


    Yummy.

  8. #8
    19,000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    19,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    Amd cpu?

    HDD?

    The rest is good.

    Definitely go with Intel though, and also go for an SSD (Sata 3). It's mind boggingly faster than an hdd.
    Also, add $400 to the price tag for this route.

  9. #9
    11,000+ Death's Chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viluin View Post
    Also, add $400 to the price tag for this route.
    AMD will work, you will still get decent performance, but the optimal build is with Intel.

    It's not major, probably 20% increase at most depending on the game, it's up to you.


    Yummy.

  10. #10
    19,000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    19,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    AMD will work, you will still get decent performance, but the optimal build is with Intel.

    It's not major, probably 20% increase at most depending on the game, it's up to you.
    Actually a 0-5% increase in most games unless you have a $600 GPU setup.

    $150 is good for a kickass top-of-the-line AMD motherboard. All you got for that price was ASRock.
    Last edited by Viluin; 09-19-2011 at 01:34.

  11. #11
    7000+
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montréal, Québec
    Posts
    7,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruptix View Post
    Hey guys, i am building my brother a computer for gaming, he is mainly looking forward to battlefield 3. So please look at it and tell me what you think

    GPU:XFX HD695XZDDC Radeon HD 6950 1GB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150527

    Case: COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119160

    MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128514

    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103913

    Ram: G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231460

    PSU:Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-750 750W
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817371049

    HD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136533
    AMD, ATI, I'll give it 4.2/10, seriously.

    $150 is good for a kickass top-of-the-line AMD motherboard. All you got for that price was ASRock.
    That's because AMD'S top of the line is below Intel's knees.
    Last edited by Ragnarok Delrhe; 09-19-2011 at 02:28.

    Join us on Twitch or on our forums!

  12. #12
    11,000+ Death's Chill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11,224

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUkvhOhrDVk

    20% average. Some games get 30-40% more performance.


    Yummy.

  13. #13
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Va
    Posts
    960

    Default

    New Build Update

    mobo: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157271

    cpu:Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115072

    Case: Antec DF-85 Black ATX Full Tower Computer Case

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129087

    GPU: EVGA 012-P3-1571-AR GeForce GTX 570 HD

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130621

    HD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822152185

    RAM : G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231416


    Monitor: ASUS VS Series VS247H-P Black 23.6"
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236174

    Heatsink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103065

    total = $1,335.87 ( not shown keyboard, 2x razer mousepad and dvd drive )


    btw dont feel sad guys, im running a sub par amd build, budget that consisted for 400 dollars

    this is just my brothers that i built for him because hes fresh out of college and got a job and wants to build some credit.
    Last edited by Kuruptix; 09-19-2011 at 04:16.




    I started the Forumfall Hairstyle Meme.

  14. #14
    3000+
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Banned
    Posts
    3,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruptix View Post
    New Build Update

    mobo: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157271

    cpu:Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115072

    Case: Antec DF-85 Black ATX Full Tower Computer Case

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811129087

    GPU: EVGA 012-P3-1571-AR GeForce GTX 570 HD

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130621

    HD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822152185

    RAM : G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231416


    Monitor: ASUS VS Series VS247H-P Black 23.6"
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236174

    Heatsink: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103065

    total = $1,335.87 ( not shown keyboard, 2x razer mousepad and dvd drive )


    btw dont feel sad guys, im running a sub par amd build, budget that consisted for 400 dollars

    this is just my brothers that i built for him because hes fresh out of college and got a job and wants to build some credit.
    This is a good build. Gen3 motherboard, good decision. With that and a ivy bridge coming out in the future, you are pretty much set for the next 4-5 years

    EDIT: I don't like side windows
    Last edited by pZombie; 09-19-2011 at 05:39.

  15. #15
    19,000+
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    19,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUkvhOhrDVk

    20% average. Some games get 30-40% more performance.
    Quad SLI, moron. If you used that as a reference to build your own system, then lol. I don't understand why you'd even link that after what I said.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruptix View Post
    mobo: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Doh, ASRock.

    You know you added $300 to the price for no difference, right? You actually made it worse with the ASRock.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok Delrhe View Post
    AMD, ATI, I'll give it 4.2/10, seriously.

    That's because AMD'S top of the line is below Intel's knees.
    AMD chipsets are far superior to Intel chipsets, but whatever floats your boat. Come see me in 2 years when your Intel board is obsolete and my AMD board from 2007 is still upgradeable (not to mention running, which an ASRock board most likely wouldn't be).
    Last edited by Viluin; 09-19-2011 at 06:44.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •