Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000+

Default Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Anyone playing it? For a shooter it is pretty damn good and it is very much different than any other shooter I have ever played, I can't even describe what genre this game falls under.. A good story and plot? Check.. Action and Roleplaying? Check.. First Person Shooter? Check.. Open Ended experience? Check.. And I can't really say it is anything like Fallout either which is the only thing I can compare it to, much more action oriented, the game world isn't as big, but the gameplay is much, much better.. It's not as opened as other RP game though where you completely customize your character, choose good or evil like in Fallout or Fable, I think they sacrificed this aspect for a decent story..
    Last edited by Eyrothath; 09-05-2011 at 19:06.

1000+

Played through it first time with stealth takedown and stun/tranq guns
    replaying currently with 100% stealth no weapons or takedowns besides boss fights were you can't avoid it

if you want to easy mode bosses get thypoon and spam it out of cloak
    besides that really enjoyed the game
    2012: AV creates classes
    2013: Forums agree: 3 out of 4 classes are op

3000+

To make it interesting, use the "Give me deux ex" difficulty settings.

i'm having my second run in it right now
    Spoiler
    STYRR CHIPATAMA
    [PWNOGRAPHY]

France's finest

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Styrr Chipatama View Post
    To make it interesting, use the "Give me deux ex" difficulty settings.
    I only played on that setting so no idea how lower settings are but the difficulty or mobs doesnt really matter if you dont engage them in direct combat, takedowns are oneshots anyway, tranq and stun gun likewise, even if you direct combat sniper rifle and thypoon one shots normal mobs
    Spoiler
    Last edited by Ghias; 09-05-2011 at 19:35.

3000+

Wich robot ? :<
    STYRR CHIPATAMA
    [PWNOGRAPHY]

France's finest

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Styrr Chipatama View Post
    Wich robot ? :<
    those ai controlled tanks with four legs, technically they must be unmanned as you can reprogramm them to attack others over security consoles so wonder if destroying them counts as killing someone

i know at least that using them to kill others counts as you killing them
    but not sure if killing the robot counts as a kill which is unavoidable when trying to save the damsel in distress, wouldnt want to let her die for an archievement
    Last edited by Ghias; 09-05-2011 at 19:44.

3000+

Well,
    Spoiler
    STYRR CHIPATAMA
    [PWNOGRAPHY]

France's finest

1000+

Actually
    Spoiler

8000+

God damn it, why did I read the spoiler when I haven't even beat it, I'm such an idiot.

4000+

Maxed movementstealth + cloak = easymode

Takedowns sometimes seem to fuck up your Ghost bonus when the enemy still notices you somehow.

Using a computer to make turrets kill people counts as a kill.

Spoiler

By hacking and exploring everything and stunning/killing most enemies you can get all augs maxed.

Pacifist run was kinda boring though.
    Last edited by bobii; 09-06-2011 at 10:51.

1000+

bobii did you kill any mechs on your pacifist run?

4000+

Quote Originally Posted by Ghias View Post
    bobii did you kill any mechs on your pacifist run?
    Killing robots with EMP don't count as a kill at least what I've read, but exploding robots killing people around it does.

Only 2 robots that you have to kill to proceed in the whole game, and you can disable them from a nearby computer anyway.

I don't have steam/console version so I don't know if something affected it, just played without killing and getting Ghost bonus as often as possible.

You need around 200-250k exp + all praxis kits to max all augs, have fun hacking everything and stunning/taking down everything, plus finding every secret.

I only got about 160-180k exp with less than 100 stuns and hacking maybe 90% of the stuff.

Found 32 unlocking devices, 100-150 stops/nukes.

Also Laser/Plasma rifles suck dick and have like 10-20 ammo packs in the game, just use explosive revolver on the bosses and kill them in 10 sec while they get stunned with every shot...
    Last edited by bobii; 09-05-2011 at 22:42.

Played on hardest difficulty, deactivated the yellow glowing bullshit (I like to use my brain and not run through the world looking for GLOWING objects), AI is shit, sneaked through the whole game (way too easy), 3rd person cover system is retarded (give me 1st person and lean), hacking minigame is fun (although I prefer multitools/lockpicks), story kept me playing, all in all much better than I expected it to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyldor Gwyvallt View Post
    Obviously all this in the US...the country where a fanatical worship of science has replaced any true religious sense or any balanced perception of LIFE

My first playthrough was played like mass effect gunning down everyone. I didn't get stealth stuff until nearly the end but it gets absurdly easy once you do. Hacking also gets super easy once you max stealth. I don't know a single reason to level up fortify. I never got the typhoon system but I've heard it makes bosses much easier.

Spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

5000+

Easily best game of the year, if not for the past several years. I originally wanted to play a rambo type char (mostly because I got sick of reading preview about dudes that went the stealth route), but naturally kept on sneaking and doing what's perfectly logical for the situation, and I'm glad it worked. The pace at which you get praxis points to raise shit is perfectly thought out in corelation to your needs, so you can always do what's needed for the next big situation - like, say, jumping down a large shaft to get somewhere, or killing someone through a wall, etc.

I'm kinda of a complitionist, so I kept hacking everything I saw and reading emails, so that added a lot of downtime, which, in perspective, I think was a bit of a waste and not really playing, even though it added that awesome flavour to the gameworld. I guess you could do without the mail, but then you're missing a whole lot of details. For example, I knew that that anti-aug dude's secretary (or w/e) was Zeke Sanders brother from the moment I spoke to him. On the other hand, it was a bummer to see Jensen be like all surprised and shit when he was told about it, as if it wasn't obvious from all the news papers and emails.

Anyway, great game. It really reminds me of VtM: Bloodlines in a lot of ways, with how the hubs and quests are set up, how there are no little and pointless task - everything has its place in the world and fits the context perfectly; none of that kill 10 rats bullshit. I hope we see more games like it.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrillegious View Post
    As long as people can get my point across, why would grammar/spelling matter? it doesnt thats why im smart. Im smart cause i dont give a fuck, cause i dont need too. At least here that is.