Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Only a retard doesn't think that the decent thing to do in this situation is to grin and bear it.
    Or, alternatively, you could have some sort of public service that helps people deal with such situations.

Say, free health-care, perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Emolas View Post
    Or, alternatively, you could have some sort of public service that helps people deal with such situations.

There's no such thing as free health-care, unless you think tax money materializes out of your ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

There is a reason for the distinction between residential and commercial zoning. The law is fine.

Cancer doesn't change anything. If she needs money then get a permit for a fund raiser. It sucks she has cancer, but her neighbors are not required to bear that burden, nor are laws exempt. Being terminally ill does not elevate you above others.

Shoot the neighbor that reported it!? That's fucking moronic. Maybe they have cancer too and the sales make it a pain in the ass to get to their doctor appointments. They have rights too, and your rights can't just be walked on any time someone gets sick. Stop thinking with your eratic emotions.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” - Tolkien
    Last edited by Belight; 08-22-2011 at 20:27.

10,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Belight View Post
    There is a reason for the distinction between residential and commercial zoning. The law is fine.

Cancer doesn't change anything. If she needs money then get a permit for a fund raiser. It sucks she has cancer, but her neighbors are not required to bear that burden, nor are laws exempt. Being terminally ill does not elevate you above others.

Shoot the neighbor that reported it!? That's fucking moronic. Maybe they have cancer too and the sales make it a pain in the ass to get to their doctor appointments. They have rights too, and your rights can't just be walked on any time someone gets sick. Stop thinking with your eratic emotions.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” - Tolkien
    Go drink bleach if you take what I said literally. This isn't about rights or laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

Or maybe she has integrity and chooses not to be a financial burden on others when she has some means of making money despite her situation.

Not everyone wants to be a leech. Nothing is free.
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap

This isn't about rights or laws.
    Actually it is about rights and laws. Not sure what you're smoking but that's exactly what we are talking about.

You seem to think that a person with an illness has the right to impede on other's rights, when in fact, they do not. No one owes her sympathy nor charity and no one has to surrender their own rights to support her quality of life.
    Last edited by Belight; 08-22-2011 at 20:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Abaratican View Post
    There's no such thing as free health-care, unless you think tax money materializes out of your ass.
    Nice pettifogging. I wouldn't have expected anything else, though.
    Last edited by Emolas; 08-22-2011 at 20:40.

Or maybe she has integrity and chooses not to be a financial burden on others when she has some means of making money despite her situation.

Not everyone wants to be a leech. Nothing is free.
    Then she should also have the integrity to do so within the confines of her local law. Laws that were established to protect citizens dwelling in a residential zone.

If the local community feels there is a problem with that law then they can bring it up and get it changed. Perhapse they could create a permit for the termially ill who need to sell their belongings. (she could also just use craigs list or ebay).

But the whole, "Poow wady is swick so she can do whatewer she wants, all da big bwad pweople upholding those laws are mweanies" is utter bullshit. Symapthy is no excuse for stepping on the rights of others.

Maybe I should get cancer so I can break laws and earn sympathy from it.
    Last edited by Belight; 08-22-2011 at 20:45.

Actually it is about rights and laws. Not sure what you're smoking but that's exactly what we are talking about.

You seem to think that a person with an illness has the right to impede on other's rights, when in fact, they do not. No one owes her sympathy nor charity and no one has to surrender their own rights to support her quality of life.
    No, I don't think that. I never said anything close to that. Learn to read.

The decent thing to do is grin and bear it. This is a matter of human decency, community, being a real neighbor; this isn't about rights or laws.

There's often a difference between what's legal and what is right.

Nice pettifogging. I wouldn't have expected anything else, though.
    The fact that you regard it as petty is exactly what I expected from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

No, I don't think that. I never said anything close to that. Learn to read.

The decent thing to do is grin and bear it. This is a matter of human decency, community, being a real neighbor; this isn't about rights or laws.

There's often a difference between what's legal and what is right.
    Decency is an opinion, a point of view, a relative term, a matter of perspective....

So the person who filed the complain was aware she had cancer? Did she have "Cancer Yard Sale" signs up so everyone was informed?

My "real neighbors" are some ghettos ass motherfuckers who fight in the hallways. Do I owe them sympathy? Should I grin and bear it when they bump music in an apartment complex because they might be sick and drum beats are thereputic?

Do you assume every yard sale you see in your neighbor hood is to benefit the terminally ill?

I think the decent thing to do is for her to follow the laws and not annoy the shit of out of her neighbors every week. How's that for decency?
    Last edited by Belight; 08-22-2011 at 20:53.

My "real neighbors" are some ghettos ass motherfuckers who fight in the hallways. Do I owe them sympathy? Should I grin and bear it when they bump music in an apartment complex because they might be sick and drum beats are thereputic?
    Maybe you should move out of the ghetto then?

Quote Originally Posted by doomahx View Post
    Maybe you should move out of the ghetto then?
    Maybe you should try not to completely miss the point?

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Abaratican View Post
    He probably was trying to say "Universal" healthcare, concept to which I wholeheartedly subscribe.

1000+

Do you assume every yard sale you see in your neighbor hood is to benefit the terminally ill?
    No, but before I got them into a misdemeanor and $300 fine I would probably first go talk to the dudes and see what's going on. The neighbor either did not bother to do so and went straight to the cops or he/she did talk to the lady but did not feel terminal cancer, holes in bones and unemployment were really that big of a deal.

Either way, to me the neighbor comes across as an asshole, to put it mildly.