Page 1 of 9 12 ... LastLast
    10,000+

Default Ron Paul Weekly Message: "We Must Own Firearms"

08/22/2011

A no BS man!

3000+

Call me crazy.... But I feel much safer walking down a street knowing I won't walk past a nutter with a fucking gun.

Ron Paul has no idea what he's talking abut when he's talking about the London riots. What the hell does he think? It wouldn't have happened if we had guns? I've just lost a lot of respect for the man.

London Riots would've been far worse if people had guns.

Ron Paul may be the least corrupted right-winger to run for President, but his platform is still pretty stupid in my opinion.
    Last edited by Irenor; 08-22-2011 at 02:57.
    Irenor Rainstone
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

10,000+

Quote Originally Posted by MattMystrieo View Post
    Call me crazy.... But I feel much safer walking down a street knowing I won't walk past a nutter with a fucking gun.

Ron Paul has no idea what he's talking abut when he's talking about the London riots. What the hell does he think? It wouldn't have happened if we had guns? I've just lost a lot of respect for the man.
    I think you need to listen to the whole thing again, than make another post.

Banned

The UK riots had one gun shooting, four other deaths.

The LA Riots had 53 deaths despite calling in the national guard.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by [LoD] EE View Post
    I think you need to listen to the whole thing again, than make another post.
    I heard enough, he basically said. Governments can't protect people. Then cited the Norway massacre and England riots, and then dropped in the statement both countries have laxed gun laws... As if the massacre and riots may have not happened/ended quicker if we had guns..

Jesus.. I would never vote for someone like that.
    Last edited by MattMystrieo; 08-22-2011 at 03:01.

10,000+ Long term follower

You didn't understand what he said or you chose not to.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

Quote Originally Posted by MulberryShock View Post
    The UK riots had one gun shooting, four other deaths.

The LA Riots had 53 deaths despite calling in the national guard.
    I'd prefer a few more people die (mostly the bad guys) if it meant the countless millions in personal property damage did not occur. The London riots were just fuelled by greed. A few well placed bullets would stop that in its track.

Yummy.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    You didn't understand what he said or you chose not to.
    He stated
    innocent bistanders we're killed, in these events a use of self defence would have been justified
    Only 3 people were killed. They were ran over. How exactly would "self defence" or a gun have helped them?... He has no idea about the specific incidence, he is just using these deaths as an excuse to help push his agenda of pro-guns. I mean fucking hell, 3 men died. And he didn't even bother to find out how, he just goes straight into using the deaths to push his agenda?... They were killed by a hit and run.. A gun would have been usless. Proof he is just using it to push his agenda, he hasn't even attempted looking into it.
    Last edited by MattMystrieo; 08-22-2011 at 03:18.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I'd prefer a few more people die (mostly the bad guys) if it meant the countless millions in personal property damage did not occur. The London riots were just fuelled by greed. A few well placed bullets would stop that in its track.
    And if guns were legalised the rioters would have them to... Then they'd have shot back.. And so forth. It would have lasted much longer and been much more deadly.

Normal User

yeah because everyone is going to start shooting at people when they know that the next house or store they break in to, the owner is going to be armed...

you guys are dumb as fucks and have no actual real world experience or theory. You're just spewing out crap that you read off of some other forum about why guns are bad and how everyone is going to be shooting at each other..

I started the Forumfall Hairstyle Meme.

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Kuruptix View Post
    yeah because everyone is going to start shooting at people when they know that the next house or store they break in to, the owner is going to be armed...

you guys are dumb as fucks and have no actual real world experience or theory. You're just spewing out crap that you read off of some other forum about why guns are bad and how everyone is going to be shooting at each other..
    You sir. Are an idiot.

The rioters were in huge groups, if they had guns also do you believe they would have thought "wait.. better not break into that shop, he might be armed!".. About 50+ rioters vs. one man...

No we are not. The fact of the matter is, countries where guns are banned there is MUCH less gun crime. It is safer. There is no argument you are less likley to be shot in a nation with a ban on firearms than one without. Stop being so fucking ignorant and look at the statistics.

2000+

Stop being so fucking ignorant and look at the statistics.
    Switzerland.
    ~Greatness Incarnate~

He stated

Only 3 people were killed. They were ran over. How exactly would "self defence" or a gun have helped them?... He has no idea about the specific incidence, he is just using these deaths as an excuse to help push his agenda of pro-guns. I mean fucking hell, 3 men died. And he didn't even bother to find out how, he just goes straight into using the deaths to push his agenda?... They were killed by a hit and run.. A gun would have been usless. Proof he is just using it to push his agenda, he hasn't even attempted looking into it.
    First, more than 3 people died in the riots, second he was also speaking about Norway. Third, how is a gun useless? Do you think some punk is going to drive straight down the barrel of one gun let alone three?

You jump to conclusions and don't have a very good grasp of reality if you think a gun would have been 'useless'.

Regardless, the greater point he is making is not that a gun would have saved any specific individual that died. His point is that gov't can not protect you, you must protect yourself and guns are very useful in that regard. And clearly strict gun laws do not protect you since both England and Norway have them.
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap

You sir. Are an idiot.

The rioters were in huge groups, if they had guns also do you believe they would have thought "wait.. better not break into that shop, he might be armed!".. About 50+ rioters vs. one man...

No we are not. The fact of the matter is, countries where guns are banned there is MUCH less gun crime. It is safer. There is no argument you are less likley to be shot in a nation with a ban on firearms than one without. Stop being so fucking ignorant and look at the statistics.
    It's not safer and 'gun crime' is just a category. Who gives a fuck if gun crime is less but knife crime is higher? The only worthwhile argument for gun laws would be if they effected a reduction in crime altogether and they don't.

A few well-placed shotgun blasts from a second floor window would have sent them all scattering, especially if there were others in windows up and down the street.
    Last edited by StainlessSteelRat; 08-22-2011 at 03:37.