Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000+

Default Diablo 3: no more skill points.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/118/1185753p1.html

what do you guys think?, i much rather have skill points.

Really old news.
    Spoiler

2000+

3 days old..so ancient.

It was mentioned a year ago, there was a boycott, but the spineless nerds gave up and took it up the arse.
    Spoiler

5000+

skill points were retarded, they had to justify the retardation of the system by adding "synergies" in lower skills thus giving skills like fireball, foh, and t.storm ridiculous end results such as instant 100k damage

this system will make it much easier to balance the skills in relation to each other and will result in greater, more meaningful diversity
    Originally Posted by Daggermaniac
    The only DF player that I have expected of Aim Botting is Zato Ichi.

11,000+

Good. At least they're not just reskinning Diablo 2.

The skill system vastly changed from 1 to 2 aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brannoc View Post
    You are clearly awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Being socially progressive does not make you 'advanced'.

5000+

They could've just made skills on lower levels equally useful as higher ones. It kinda sucks that the only actual character progression decisions that are left are through runes and items. Not gonna stop me from playing the game.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrillegious View Post
    As long as people can get my point across, why would grammar/spelling matter? it doesnt thats why im smart. Im smart cause i dont give a fuck, cause i dont need too. At least here that is.

I don't even entirely understand what they mean with respect to the new system. Regardless, having played a fair bit of D2 just recently, I'll admit that they're right about one thing: in a skill system in the style of Diablo 2's, you're probably not gonna do the math to determine what's viable, and more importantly there probably won't be that many things actually *are* viable after you have done the math. Thus the detailed customization that is in theory possible basically comes down to picking an eventual build (one of a few per class) and then picking which piece of it to augment at each level based on your current needs.

Here's one example: I was playing a necro. I had been spreading my points around a bit, mostly in skels and corpse explosion, and by the time I got to about act 2 normal my skeletons were dying too fast; it was getting frustrating having to resurrect them all the time, and they weren't doing much damage. I was much worse off than my partner (I was playing in a static duo) as well. I fairly quickly respec'd to a build that simply didn't have skeletons, and played a golem/corpse explosion/bone spear build for the rest of normal mode. It was OK, but not great. Then I found out how ridiculously Raise Skeleton and Skeleton Mastery scale (online), respec'd to a conventional summonmancer build when I got to nightmare, and...well, anyone that's played much D2 probably knows the rest. (I've never finished nightmare, though, so my opinion may have some issues.)

By the way, on this nostalgia-y note, has anyone played Median XL?
    Last edited by alfaroverall; 08-04-2011 at 14:32.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Wrong View Post
    [Alfar]'s like a Stephen Hawking rookie card.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998altima View Post
    What if our imagination is a figment of the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by YGOTAS#13
    Gay people like to hibernate in caves.

I sounds roughly similar to what Guild Wars did no?

Or does
    Last edited by Sqarak; 08-04-2011 at 12:49.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

5000+

summon necro was great for pve. i remember having a pretty nice system at the time d2 launched and my necro having enough minions to visibly stutter my FPS (and probably anyone else) between the revived minions and the bone magi+blood golem.

but bone/teeth/bone spirit and poison nova is where it was at for pvp. nothing like instantly dropping your opponent to 1 hp and then sicking laser guided bone spirits on his ass and watching him desperately try to outrun them for the duration of their chase..... and then sending more.

course the iron golem became the big dog once they allowed you to use items as the basis for your golem, and it traveled with you from game to game. i remember trying like hell to kill this guy who made a golem out of a duped grandfather. he'd instantly disconnect soon as he thought you were close to taking his golem down lol
    Originally Posted by Daggermaniac
    The only DF player that I have expected of Aim Botting is Zato Ichi.

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by zato`1 View Post
    summon necro was great for pve. i remember having a pretty nice system at the time d2 launched and my necro having enough minions to visibly stutter my FPS (and probably anyone else) between the revived minions and the bone magi+blood golem.
    Dude my last PC was decent enough to run most games now on recommended specs and it still stuttered my FPS fielding a full group of summons.
    Last edited by 88Chaz88; 08-04-2011 at 13:25.
    You are clearly awesome.

5000+

Lol D3 is going to suck balls, D2 will remain the best of the series. game got so dumbed down.
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    He said consumers make jobs appear. Let him explain how that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Chill View Post
    I've done shit you probably would faint from even thinking
    At least I get to fuck.
    http://www.twitch.tv/makestro

11,000+

Quote Originally Posted by Makestro View Post
    Lol D3 is going to suck balls, D2 will remain the best of the series. game got so dumbed down.
    Diablo 1 was the best in the series, it was all downhill from there.
    You are clearly awesome.

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by 88Chaz88 View Post
    Diablo 1 was the best in the series, it was all downhill from there.
    the duping was so bad in D1(I know it was and is in D2 but not nearly as easy as picking a potion off your belt as you pick an item up) though. I did however grief the fuck out of people in D1, a hell of a lot more than D2, but D2 was more popular and the game I got really into hardcore PKing so it will hold a place in my heart forever.

but D1 was really fun, although I don't miss walking everywhere lol
    Frumpy Lump's rage
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhandorder View Post
    He said consumers make jobs appear. Let him explain how that happens.
    I've done shit you probably would faint from even thinking
    At least I get to fuck.
    http://www.twitch.tv/makestro

3000+ Long term follower

d1 was fun when I was 13, the game style is pretty simplistic tho so I'm surprised its so hyped up by everyone when Blizz is even dumbing it down. That said, given all the adults who read Harry Potter, I'm not too shocked.