Page 1 of 7 12 ... LastLast
    Normal User

Default Problems with life.

before i begin i'd just like to say i realise this isent the best place to make this thread but i though i would for some advice.

lately i've finished school and hopefully will be heading to college in september.
    but ever since school ended i have become more depressed than usuall. i find myself being bored almost 24/7 i feel anxious which causes trouble eating and sleeping.

I also have become somewhat of A recluse i dont go outside, i just feel like staying home all the time. thinking about leaving my house i get panic-ed and worried about somthing happening to me. (my area has been getting worse latly due to the population of a 'ghetto' getting moved out here)

I have also started drinking alot more and smoking alot more weed than usual.
    When ever im around people i feel shy and get very quiet more so than usual. (girls especially)

And since i don't have school i literally have been thinking 'whats the point of living?' although im not suicidal. i also dont have a job(im really bad at maths so i feel i cant even work behind a counter in a shop) and feel worthless like i am a drain on my parents money, and im starting to fear i wont get enough points for the college courses i want. In general i am just feeling like a looser.

so what i want to know is have you ever felt somthing similar to this? did you get out of it? if so how? i'd really appreciate any advice.
    Playing Darkfall Since 22nd Of July 2009.

US attack on Iran Unacceptable-Russian Military

IRISH and PROUD.
    Fuck yer honda civic i'va horse outside!

3000+

I think you should probably run away from home.

Go start a new life in Peru.

teenage angst. pretty normal.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeoc View Post
    I have also started drinking alot more and smoking alot more weed than usual.
    Stop it then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyldor Gwyvallt View Post
    Obviously all this in the US...the country where a fanatical worship of science has replaced any true religious sense or any balanced perception of LIFE

5000+

Go do something with your friends, I go 2 to 3 times a week to the gym with. Helps with your problems alot and gives you something to do

Second stopping using weed might give you a boost to work and also gives you some confidence, if you don't feel like getting a job and you still have to do your college, then you might think about doing a learn/work project with school, to keep you motivated at the least.

Btw, weren't you the same guy asking for more information about stocks? Did you read George Soros, or did you look trought them already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    I've never lifted in my life but I'll go and see how much I can bench and let you guys know.

Welcome to real life...sucks dont it.

Get out, get a job, doesnt matter what it is. Most people behind a counter now days cant do simple math, so you're not alone.

Main thing is though...get active...and quit smoking pot you dumb bastard. Get a life first then waste it smoking pot.

You really just need to spend all your time with friends or find a girlfriend, keep smoking pot and drinking, these are neccessary escapes and the world is shit without them.

Just keep your mind preoccupied with whatever makes you happy or at least distracts you from the shit of the world, then you just wait around fucked up and eventually something will happen.

That's as far as I've gotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrin
    The hyped abomination has been slain by the hand of the righteous—let it rot in the pit of death and decay that it has prepared for itself.
    Official Human Advocate

I'm 1.000 in World Wars...

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by sc0r0wnz View Post
    Btw, weren't you the same guy asking for more information about stocks? Did you read George Soros, or did you look trought them already?
    yes i was but i havent done more than read about him on wikipedia yet.
    Last edited by jakeoc; 07-28-2011 at 18:08.
    Playing Darkfall Since 22nd Of July 2009.

US attack on Iran Unacceptable-Russian Military

IRISH and PROUD.
    Fuck yer honda civic i'va horse outside!

2000+

Weed does No damage to your body what so ever unless your brain is still growing which i presume it is because you're not even at college. So like others have said, stop it.

7000+ EU1 Player

It's just your age. Most people feel the same way at that age. 20s end up kinda sucking, too, but are better. 30s, from what I hear, end up being when you have the most fun in life and are the most comfortable.

Just get through it. As others have said, go out and do stuff. Start picking up interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Honorius View Post
    You really just need to spend all your time with friends or find a girlfriend, keep smoking pot and drinking, these are neccessary escapes and the world is shit without them.

Just keep your mind preoccupied with whatever makes you happy or at least distracts you from the shit of the world, then you just wait around fucked up and eventually something will happen.

About it.
    Last edited by Nunz; 07-28-2011 at 18:11.

Exercise (I chose cycling because I'm a lazy fuck and this is by far the most enjoyable one for me), join a book club, learn an instrument or get some others hobbies. Doesn't matter what, just do something. Doing nothing will ruin you. Old people with no purpose in life (as in 'job', or general task) die sooner or start to be apathetic. It's not so much different from what you experience, you need goals and stuff to do in life (playing videogames, OT and smoking weed don't count).

If you have some sort of anxiety over meeting people and being outside better get help now, because that sounds really weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyldor Gwyvallt View Post
    Obviously all this in the US...the country where a fanatical worship of science has replaced any true religious sense or any balanced perception of LIFE

I did feel something like that before.

Then I took a thousand mile bicycle trip, got mugged, lived homeless 1,600 miles away from home and worked in a kennel for another 11 months before returning.

Might want to give that a try, it worked for me.

I'm sorry, but it's fucking sad people consider smoking and drinking as necessary escapes. What the hell is so bad with the world that you have to escape from anyways, god damn. The world rocks. People who drink and smoke to hide from something are just cowards. They are real emos.

I can't believe people like you are considered normal and adjusted while I am considered secretly unhappy.

Lmfao. People have life so backwards it makes me sad inside.
    Last edited by Death's Chill; 07-28-2011 at 18:45.

Yummy.

I do drink and smoke to escape, I find it much more enjoyable than trying to escape by trolling the Internet all the time.

Everyone is running from something some people just cope differently, if you look down on people for smoking and drinking then congrats on your perfect life.

And I am neither normal or adjusted, where the fuck did you get that from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrin
    The hyped abomination has been slain by the hand of the righteous—let it rot in the pit of death and decay that it has prepared for itself.
    Official Human Advocate

I'm 1.000 in World Wars...

I do drink and smoke to escape, I find it much more enjoyable than trying to escape by trolling the Internet all the time.

Everyone is running from something some people just cope differently, if you look down on people for smoking and drinking then congrats on your perfect life.

And I am neither normal or adjusted, where the fuck did you get that from?
    People seem to infer that drinking and smoking are the norm. Honestly, you ARE normal for doing that.

I dunno man, I can't help but feel like you're drowning in your own sorrows. The reason life sucks is because people make decisions that lead to that and then they have to drown out their problems which just compounds the issue and makes it worse.

I want people to be happy.

Yummy.

Tell someone in RL how you feel, if you're thinking whats the point to life then you need some help. It's alright to get help cause you can't handle it on your own lol. Obviously you can't otherwise you wouldn't be posting on forums. Try and stay on a nice sleeping schedule, get yourself a job or something and try to leave where you are and go to college.
    thx KAPUTT for face montage
    http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/Bounce_em.swf
    Quote Originally Posted by Adûn_East View Post
    Mindfuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeaph View Post
    VIVA LA DARKFALL