5 8.93%
  • Obama

8 14.29%
  • Other

7 12.50%
Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: US Presidents

Default US Presidents

I'll try to include the big ones. Just trying to get a feel for what peeps think. If I missed somebody you idolize, just vote other and post below. Feel free to validate your vote with supporting comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.

7000+ EU1 Player

Eisenhower

Kennedy was probably one of the most liked president by the American public, but Eisenhower, even if he didn't support something, he respected the process of our government.
    Last edited by Nunz; 07-28-2011 at 15:55.

Bill Clinton got my vote. I don't think he was the best president the United States has ever had, but I only chose from the ones who have been president during my life time because those are the ones I feel that I can make the best evaluation of.

Even if you don't like Bill, the fact is that he actually balanced the US federal budget and during his presidency we had the largest economic growth in US history, the largest federal surplus in history, the creation of the most jobs in any administration, a 4% unemployment rate, inflation dropped to the level that it was during the Kennedy administration, poverty rate declined, etc.

Not to mention the man was brilliant when it came to foreign relations, and while he was president most of the world actually liked the United States.

Disclaimer: I am not a member of the Democratic party. These are just facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    ~Dorn Divin
    SG of Hastati

Why do you refer to Reagan as the Gipper? To make it seem as if you know what you are on about? Just call him Reagan ffs.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

4000+

americans spamming their dumb politic threads in OT every day.

is that all you learn in your crappy schools, or do you learn it from tv?
    Last edited by bobii; 07-28-2011 at 16:24.

Quote Originally Posted by bobii View Post
    americans spamming their dumb politic threads in OT every day.

is that all you learn in your crappy schools, or do you learn it from tv?
    Like most other countries, i bet from TV. Politics is usually only specifically reserved for those who choose to study it a college or university.
    Wisdom Of Bots
    1, then tired, do not forget to smile; be anxious, but also pay attention to tone; no matter how tough, do not forget to adhere to; No matter how tired, but also love yourself.
    But we are jet modified and not faint-hearted of difficulties

3000+

Nixon, for epic quotes like this one:

(to Kissinger) The only place where you and I disagree ... is with regard to the bombing. You're so goddamned concerned about civilians and I don't give a damn. I don't care.

Needs Clinton on the poll...

Quote Originally Posted by Emolas View Post
    Needs Clinton on the poll...
    He is on there, but the OP gave some of the presidents their nicknames instead of their real names. FYI, Slick Willy is Bill Clinton.
    ~Dorn Divin
    SG of Hastati

3000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfiend#billy View Post
    Even if you don't like Bill, the fact is that he actually balanced the US federal budget and during his presidency we had the largest economic growth in US history, the largest federal surplus in history, the creation of the most jobs in any administration, a 4% unemployment rate, inflation dropped to the level that it was during the Kennedy administration, poverty rate declined, etc.

Not to mention the man was brilliant when it came to foreign relations, and while he was president most of the world actually liked the United States.
    Please note the reason the US is currently in the state it is in is because of Clinton. At the time the people/world liked him, but his choices were near-sighted. Ask anyone in the military at the time Clinton was president and they will tell you the economy and current military situation is his fault. Instead of a scheduled withdrawl from the middle east he just evacuated the troops and sold the arms for scrap where they were at. Sure people liked it; he got troops out, boosted the economy, and made foreign countries happy... however it caused what we are dealing with today.

Go and ask any history professor who the worst president was and they will etiher say Clinton or Lincoln.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berhan
    less wrong than raping, but still wrong enough...

Quote Originally Posted by NewRage View Post
    Please note the reason the US is currently in the state it is in is because of Clinton. At the time the people/world liked him, but his choices were near-sighted. Ask anyone in the military at the time Clinton was president and they will tell you the economy and current military situation is his fault. Instead of a scheduled withdrawl from the middle east he just evacuated the troops and sold the arms for scrap where they were at. Sure people liked it; he got troops out, boosted the economy, and made foreign countries happy... however it caused what we are dealing with today.

Go and ask any history professor who the worst president was and they will etiher say Clinton or Lincoln.
    You are indirectly correct on your first point.

The real reason the economy tank in the years after his presidency is due to the American people living outside of their means. Clinton made credit more easily accessible for people buying homes, for example, in the hopes that more people would invest in real estate. It worked, but unfortunately too many people took out loans that they could never afford to pay off in the first place.

Now you could say this was poor planning on Clinton's part to assume the average American would be fiscally responsible (lol), but there was nothing inherently bad with the majority of his policies.

As for the current military situation being Clinton's fault, I really must ask you to elaborate because last time I checked, Bill never funded private little wars with the Middle East over oil while blatantly lying to the American public about weapons of mass destruction. Quite the contrary, most of the Middle Eastern leaders had a very high opinion of Clinton and he ALMOST negotiated a truce between Israel and Palestine.
    ~Dorn Divin
    SG of Hastati

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by paade View Post
    Nixon, for epic quotes like this one:

(to Kissinger) The only place where you and I disagree ... is with regard to the bombing. You're so goddamned concerned about civilians and I don't give a damn. I don't care.
    Wow. What a great human being.

3000+ Long term follower

Never thought I'd see the day where someone seriously suggested Bill Clinton was a greater pres than guys like Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson...

Washington...his militia army collapsing in the face of tough reversals fighting the professional and world conquering British, basically held the continental army together through sheer force of will. Presided over the constitutional convention, served out his presidency and retired, even though he could have easily proclaimed himself king given his massive popularity, something not many men ever do (King George III, who hated the rebels colonists, called him "greatest man who ever lived" for doing this).

Bill Clinton was uhhh? better?

Quote Originally Posted by Krag View Post
    Never thought I'd see the day where someone seriously suggested Bill Clinton was a greater pres than guys like Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson...

Washington...his militia army collapsing in the face of tough reversals fighting the professional and world conquering British, basically held the continental army together through sheer force of will. Presided over the constitutional convention, served out his presidency and retired, even though he could have easily proclaimed himself king given his massive popularity, something not many men ever do (King George III, who hated the rebels colonists, called him "greatest man who ever lived" for doing this).

Bill Clinton was uhhh? better?

Did you seriously fucking miss his second sentence?

"I don't think he was the best president the United States has ever had, but I only chose from the ones who have been president during my life time because those are the ones I feel that I can make the best evaluation of."

10,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by doomahx View Post
    Did you seriously fucking miss his second sentence?

"I don't think he was the best president the United States has ever had, but I only chose from the ones who have been president during my life time because those are the ones I feel that I can make the best evaluation of."
    That's a cop-out though. Everyone from the US ought to know enough about some on that list to know that they deserve a vote more than Slick Willy.

Not to mention, the things that slick willy 'did', he didn't really do.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).