Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    5000+

Default Hailan Rising - classless open world PvP focused MMO with no grind

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...hailan-rising/

Supposedly.

“You’ll be in full-blooded PvP within fifteen minutes,” claimed Connole. “And that’s because there’s no levelling, and therefore no grind. That’s a four letter word to us.”

[...]

There will be raids and monsters and all that PvE stuff in Hailan Rising, but how that plays is a consequence of this being PvP first. What this means, in turn, is making sure that everyone in Hailan’s world, from newbie to ancient habitualist, is able to fight each other in the open world.
    Worth pointing out that it's developed and published by Gamerfirst, so it's going to be F2P with microtransactions. They claim they'll keep the item shop away from poweful shit that could affect someone's performance.

I also suspect the game will be a classic tab-targetting MMO, so that will suck.

Also

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrillegious View Post
    As long as people can get my point across, why would grammar/spelling matter? it doesnt thats why im smart. Im smart cause i dont give a fuck, cause i dont need too. At least here that is.

5000+

daoc had auto targeting and it is still unrivaled for a pvp game to this day

dont hate brotha
    Originally Posted by Daggermaniac
    The only DF player that I have expected of Aim Botting is Zato Ichi.

1000+

Even Ultima Online, the best mmo evar!1!!!!1, and hardcore pvp games like EVE online and Shadowbane had auto attack.

You wouldn't call those games 'suck', but I would.

Ultima Online was buggy laggy shit
    EVE online was excel spreadsheet in all its glory, and a gankfest and bubblecamp at best.
    Shadowbane was buggy laggy shit.

Those older mmos released by that company sucked, but I wanna see how the game is designed.
    Last edited by Rimayven; 07-20-2011 at 12:43.
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

5000+

Hey, I've played a fuckton of UO back in the day, but the last time I tried going back to it - after I've already played DF for some time - I just couldn't bare targetting. The lack of manual aiming is just frustrating me for some reason; the only exception I'm willing to make with this gameplay is GW2, whenever it comes out, and that's mostly because I know it does have some sort of manual dodging and the combat itself looks really fluid and dynamic. Besides that, a game could be the perfect MMO in all aspects (UO is way ahead of DF in most aspects), but if the combat isn't to my liking, I'll probably skip it.

Anyway, here's an improvised Q&A with some dude at the G1 forums about the game and how they're handling it all.

Also

As long as people can get my point across, why would grammar/spelling matter? it doesnt thats why im smart. Im smart cause i dont give a fuck, cause i dont need too. At least here that is.

5000+

Aaaand just reached this part in the above thread:

Q: Is this going an Action-MMORPG (Like Vindictus) or a "Point and Click" MMORPG (Like Knight Online)?

A: This game will certainly control and feel like a classic MMORPG. We will not be going hack-n-slash "console gaming" style.
    balls

Also

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Rimayven View Post
    Even Ultima Online, the best mmo evar!1!!!!1, and hardcore pvp games like EVE online and Shadowbane had auto attack.

You wouldn't call those games 'suck', but I would.

Ultima Online was buggy laggy shit
    EVE online was excel spreadsheet in all its glory, and a gankfest and bubblecamp at best.
    Shadowbane was buggy laggy shit.

Those older mmos released by that company sucked, but I wanna see how the game is designed.

What has buggy laggy shit to do with tab targetting. UO and SB were the best PVP games out there, buggy or not. tabtargetting or not. It had soo much freedom as in classes, playstyle oe whatever. Now imo it is Mount & Blade: Warband. it's not a mmorpg, but the combat system is the best. If only Darkfail had it...
    Last edited by Koveras; 07-20-2011 at 13:01.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Koveras View Post
    What has buggy laggy shit to do with tab targetting. UO and SB were the best PVP games out there, buggy or not. tabtargetting or not. It had soo much freedom as in classes, playstyle oe whatever. Now imo it is Mount & Blade: Warband. it's not a mmorpg, but the combat system is the best. If only Darkfail had it...
    There's some talk about a 'Darkfall 2.0' or 'Darkfall 2010', which is probably an upcoming revamp of Darkfall that will fix all the bugs, low population, and broken game mechanics.

Some think it's just another buzzword for 'vaporware', but knowing Aventurine they eventually deliver what they promise.
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Rimayven View Post
    but knowing Aventurine they eventually deliver what they promise.
    4 legged running

1000+

Soon™ right

Quote Originally Posted by bmfof View Post
    [url]
    Worth pointing out that it's developed and published by Gamerfirst, so it's going to be F2P with microtransactions. They claim they'll keep the item shop away from poweful shit that could affect someone's performance.

I also suspect the game will be a classic tab-targetting MMO, so that will suck.
    It sounds like an interesting game, but I'm skeptical of GamersFirst's ability to pull it off, especially with a cash shop that does not imbalance the game. If that's what they really aim at, they'll have to go full Vanity with that one considering it doesn't have the other typical "features" of grind and the likes. Unless players were able to buy cash shop items from other players using in-game currency, in which case it could be reasonable to introduce items beyond simply vanity items.

The games they publish are not bad, but they are well-known for hackers (War Rock, APB) or games they picked up that didn't deliver but the game still doesn't deliver as much despite the business model change (Fallen Earth for exemple). Or they screwed the game and cash shop pretty badly (Knight Online), etc.

Guess only time will tell.

Edit: Seems the website is there, but there's nothing really important on it. http://www.gamersfirst.com/hailanrising/ and oh god...don't tell me they plan to use Mixamo for character animation...don't do that GamersFirst...
    Last edited by Irenor; 07-20-2011 at 13:18.
    Irenor Rainstone
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

6000+

Quote Originally Posted by zato`1 View Post
    daoc had auto targeting and it is still unrivaled for a pvp game to this day

dont hate brotha
    nope, you cant play daoc anymore after u played darkfall

actually i cant play any games at all anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by Marilio View Post
    You can't educate people that do not want to be educated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Vertigo View Post
    Dunning-Kruger, showing the internet as a parody of the human race since 1999.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Esudar View Post
    nope, you cant play daoc anymore after u played darkfall

actually i cant play any games at all anymore
    congratulations, Darkfall has introduced you to the world to real games and now you can't play shitty MMORPGs any more.

try playing non MMORPGs like shooters and RTS. you'll soon find that you can still play games.

Suspended

Hey, I've played a fuckton of UO back in the day, but the last time I tried going back to it - after I've already played DF for some time - I just couldn't bare targetting.
    once you tasted freedom you can never go back, they say. it's just your brain realizing how much these other "games" lack. make yourself aware of the fact that games like darkfall would be abundant if WoW didn't exist and all the promising games in the first years of the 21. century wouldn't have been canned.

By the time we're all old and grey, a good sandbox will be upon us, brothers.

Lewlz. Hope it pans out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Chronic View Post
    Darkfall has been in a wonderful state for the last 2 years or so.
    Son, I don’t relish shooting a mosquito with an elephant gun, so why don’t you just shuffle along?
    I can't go on. I'll go on.

3000+ Long term follower

Aaaand just reached this part in the above thread:

Q: Is this going an Action-MMORPG (Like Vindictus) or a "Point and Click" MMORPG (Like Knight Online)?

A: This game will certainly control and feel like a classic MMORPG. We will not be going hack-n-slash "console gaming" style.

balls
    I like the dissing of actually having to aim being "hack-n-slash console gaming". Let's not forget it is A LOT more difficult design and program a smoothly running, wide open full physics engine like DF, while when your game is tab target you can skip most of that.