Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 78
    12,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Zabulus View Post
    my grandfather worked his ass off too, in the mines, very hard work, made his boss rich, died in a social care house spitting out blood.
    Always tried to save money for his children, ended up with 25.000 euro on his savings account... working all his life for people telling him "if you work hard enough you can make it!"

what kind of story is more common in the world ye think ?
    the story of people working their ass off, to make others richer, while he never complained about tax paying.
    Or those few who work hard and got wealthy

As a person you never know which choices will be the most beneficial to you over time. Back in those days people underestimated the health hazards of working in the coal mines or didn't have a choice.

But your grandfather actually did have a choice, he could stay home and do jackshit. What do you think would have happened then? I'm fairly sure it would be a lot worse than if he didn't work his ass off. And thus your grandfather still gave your father some help even if it were only a few thousands euro's(did he have a house btw?) in your eyes and that even after he spend time in a care houses which he luckily could afford because of his hard work.

You should be proud of your grandfather and i'm fairly sure you are. But do not think of him as being stupid for ruining his life in the mines, he took his responsibility even if it looks retarded in your eyes.

My grandfather and grandmother of my fathers side suffered the same faith, he died before his pension age and she died at 51 after years of suffering because of the toxic fumes they inhaled during their life. Also because of the lack of knowledge about the health hazards of their work. They were self employed, worked their ass of and didn't have any savings when they died.

Hard work alone won't make you rich, and that goes for everyone, even for the bosses. There are a lot of people that do work hard, take risks and claim enough luck to aquire a decent amount of wealth and then to demand from these people that they have to pay a wealth tax after they already payed 33% bussiness tax(if they were self employed + the income tax on the wage they give themselves) and about 50% income tax is a fucking scam.
    <Teth> It's best not to talk to Gunther, though
    <Jarlaxle> why ? he's a legend
    <Teth> He's primarily a legend because he's very good at antagonizing the ops without going far enough to be pwnz0red

<@erik> Gunther will, true to his nature, probably get himself banned again soon enough ;)

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther TheBlack View Post
    As a person you never know which choices will be the most beneficial to you over time. Back in those days people underestimated the health hazards of working in the coal mines or didn't have a choice.

But your grandfather actually did have a choice, he could stay home and do jackshit. What do you think would have happened then? I'm fairly sure it would be a lot worse than if he didn't work his ass off. And thus your grandfather still gave your father some help even if it were only a few thousands euro's(did he have a house btw?) in your eyes and that even after he spend time in a care houses which he luckily could afford because of his hard work.

You should be proud of your grandfather and i'm fairly sure you are. But do not think of him as being stupid for ruining his life in the mines, he took his responsibility even if it looks retarded in your eyes.

My grandfather and grandmother of my fathers side suffered the same faith, he died before his pension age and she died at 51 after years of suffering because of the toxic fumes they inhaled during their life. Also because of the lack of knowledge about the health hazards of their work. They were self employed, worked their ass of and didn't have any savings when they died.

Hard work alone won't make you rich, and that goes for everyone, even for the bosses. There are a lot of people that do work hard, take risks and claim enough luck to aquire a decent amount of wealth and then to demand from these people that they have to pay a wealth tax after they already payed 33% bussiness tax(if they were self employed + the income tax on the wage they give themselves) and about 50% income tax is a fucking scam.
    Isn't >50% income tax standard in the great West these days?

Again, how do some countries not need its citizens to pay tax?
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Rimayven View Post
    Isn't >50% income tax standard in the great West these days?

Again, how do some countries not need its citizens to pay tax?
    It's the shining standard Europe has been demonstrating the effectiveness of.

And it's essentially slavery. You have to work half (way over half, when you consider the taxes and fees on almost literally everything you do) of each year for the government, for the purpose funding centrally orchestrated wars, social engineering, and infrastructure projects. You have no choice in this, obey or rot in jail/get shot by police. Sure, your masters are generally nicer to you than slavers past, but you're still a slave.

And no, just because you can maybe change the policy through 'democracy' doesn't mean you aren't slaves until it is actually changed.
    ~Greatness Incarnate~