Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    10,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogenium View Post
    Not a filibuster proof majority. Read here.

Not that I am a big fan of Obama right now, but overall I am with Tenebrion on this one. Republicans were sore losers this round.
    Did you read my post? None of this is new or pertinent to what I said.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

2000+

Those who are saying Obama didn't get shit done because of the opposing party are hypocrites. Same happened to Bush and many presidents before him. Stupid excuse tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Laenih View Post
    There will be no more spiky nipples.
    EU-1 Romulus X (Deleted)
    NA-1 Ausei Yeyo (Active)

Quote Originally Posted by Rimayven View Post
    a question for NA forumfallers: what has Obama ever done for you?

that guy has won a nobel prize but I don't hear anything else special about him.
    Maybe...
    we should ask this woman

12,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by Rimayven View Post
    at least he got osama
    If the Bush regime didn't block a french offer to take out Osama he would have been dead years ago. But understandably the US wanted to kill him themselves since you never know if those frenchies would have offered him a villa at the côte d'azur
    <Teth> It's best not to talk to Gunther, though
    <Jarlaxle> why ? he's a legend
    <Teth> He's primarily a legend because he's very good at antagonizing the ops without going far enough to be pwnz0red

<@erik> Gunther will, true to his nature, probably get himself banned again soon enough ;)

12,000+ Long term follower

Quote Originally Posted by MattMystrieo View Post
    Yes. For the most part, I mean Jesus they've blocked almost everything he's attempted to do. Politics the world round in petty, but from what I've seen from our cousions across the pond it's taken to a whole new level.
    US politics are fast and clean compared to the belgian blockade politics we got hehe.

Basically one of the 4 communities can block any legeslation in this country untill the end of time even if they only got 1% of the votes of the total population. There's a reason we don't got a federal government fo rmore than a year

Hard to imagine the USA without a president for a year.
    <Teth> It's best not to talk to Gunther, though
    <Jarlaxle> why ? he's a legend
    <Teth> He's primarily a legend because he's very good at antagonizing the ops without going far enough to be pwnz0red

<@erik> Gunther will, true to his nature, probably get himself banned again soon enough ;)

Normal User

You got change

value of dollar is dropping

debt is rising faster than ever

unemployment is rising

relations with allies faltering (mainly Israel) but others as well

energy prices are necessarily sky rocketing

companies are dropping healthcare plans like crazy

Seems like quite a bit of change to me.

Quote Originally Posted by weeed View Post
    energy prices are necessarily sky rocketing
    Don't know where you live but here gas is the lowest I've ever seen it during the summer since the economy tanked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    ~Dorn Divin
    SG of Hastati

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    It isn't the new excuse. It's the same fact that's been largely neglected since Obama's election. The right fights vehemently to oppose anything Obama tries to do that could be even remotely construed as non-Republican, and the American public suffers as a result.

I'm sure if Ron Paul were in office right now, we'd be seeing the exact same shit from the exact same people.

I mean, it's the same garbage we always see from political parties. Or are you going to tell me that there isn't a large group of politicians and Americans who adamantly oppose the President purely because of his affiliation?
    I don't deny the Republicans are cock-blocking Obama's moves, but it's not like Obama has tried anything new, or even anything good.

All of Obama's initiatives come back to one, horribly flawed premise: debt is cool, inflation is nice.

The banks are eating up bad assets and failing because the government promised to back them - promise fulfilled, hurs trillions of taxpayer dollars rofl!

Unemployment is rising, business is slowing, debt is skyrocketing - idk give wallstreet trillions of dollars rofl!

Economy sucks - let's get into more wars, btw here's more money wallstreet!

Credit rating is under threat - rofl print maor money guys!

Inflation doubling - have some more money wallstreet!

Crisis becomes one of greatest in American history - lol raze debt ceiling!!!!

Obama's solution to everything is print/borrow/tax.
    ~Greatness Incarnate~

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    I think they oppose him b/c he's an idiot.
    yer so right!

at least Bush was a very intelligent man!

no wait
    i ment bush senior!

or .. no reagan!

we must spread our principles, not with words but with deeds, for this is the most popular, the most potent, and the most irresistible form of propaganda. "Bakunin"

http://absogaming.forumotion.com/forum

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther TheBlack View Post
    US politics are fast and clean compared to the belgian blockade politics we got hehe.

Basically one of the 4 communities can block any legeslation in this country untill the end of time even if they only got 1% of the votes of the total population. There's a reason we don't got a federal government fo rmore than a year

Hard to imagine the USA without a president for a year.

well we have the NVA cock-blocking

pushing the media into "everyone wants to be seperate!" doesn't mean its true,
    i know very few people around me who actually care if we split up or try work it out together with the french speaking

there is stuff that concerns me more then splitting our country the size of an eggplant into 2.

we must spread our principles, not with words but with deeds, for this is the most popular, the most potent, and the most irresistible form of propaganda. "Bakunin"

http://absogaming.forumotion.com/forum

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by Zabulus View Post
    yer so right!

at least Bush was a very intelligent man!

no wait
    i ment bush senior!

or .. no reagan!

US president's have been fucking retarded for a long time, nothing new here. Obama is no different. He's more a posterboy for his political and corporate interests than a leader in his own right. People made fun of Palin for being a no-experience celebrity card--and rightly so--yet Obama was pretty much in the same boat.
    ~Greatness Incarnate~

Normal User

We all know government is inept and corrupt. Yet the trend of this thread is the want for government to legislate more/faster? We don't need more laws. We need personal responsibility.

2000+

Quote Originally Posted by fdpirigyi View Post
    We all know government is inept and corrupt. Yet the trend of this thread is the want for government to legislate more/faster? We don't need more laws. We need personal responsibility.
    People won't be happy until the only freedom we have left is freedom from choice.
    ~Greatness Incarnate~

Quote Originally Posted by Shaehl View Post
    People won't be happy until the only freedom we have left is freedom from choice.
    Shame freedom from stupid people aint on there

www.DarkfallCE.webs.com
    The Champion of Regional Banking
    Quote Originally Posted by rbeck View Post
    Clap clap, Zaffax for president. The DF:UW that Zaffax is talking about is the one that I want to play.

Once democrats realize we need to cut spending, and republicans that we need to raise taxes (and the fact they spent all the damn money) we will get somewhere.