Page 1 of 8 12 ... LastLast
    1000+

Default Barack Obama: dude where's my change?

a question for NA forumfallers: what has Obama ever done for you?

that guy has won a nobel prize but I don't hear anything else special about him.
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

Maybe you should ask the Republicans why Obama hasn't achieved much?

Most of what I've seen out of Obama as President is him trying to do something different, with Republicans dragging their heels and cock-blocking it because of their petty power struggles.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 06-27-2011 at 20:26.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    its their fault?
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

10,000+ Long term follower

lol Is that gonna be the new excuse?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

1000+

at least he got osama

My change, and lots of dollars to go along with it, are in the hands of welfare recipients that would work instead if they weren't getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimayven View Post
    at least he got osama
    Took credit for saying "ok" when our armed forces did all the work.
    Last edited by Abaratican; 06-27-2011 at 20:29.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    lol Is that gonna be the new excuse?
    It isn't the new excuse. It's the same fact that's been largely neglected since Obama's election. The right fights vehemently to oppose anything Obama tries to do that could be even remotely construed as non-Republican, and the American public suffers as a result.

I'm sure if Ron Paul were in office right now, we'd be seeing the exact same shit from the exact same people.

I mean, it's the same garbage we always see from political parties. Or are you going to tell me that there isn't a large group of politicians and Americans who adamantly oppose the President purely because of his affiliation?
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 06-27-2011 at 20:36.

Enchanting Information

-Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :

It isn't the new excuse. It's the same fact that's been largely neglected since Obama's election. The right fights vehemently to oppose anything he tries to do that could be even remotely construed as non-Republican, and the American public suffers as a result.

It's the same shit as we always see from political parties. Or are you going to tell me that there isn't a large group of politicians and Americans who oppose Obama purely because he's a Democrat?
    I think they oppose him b/c he's an idiot. Regardless, he had a majority in both houses for two years.

But if you're feeling the 'blame the GOP' excuse, go for it..........
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap

I think they oppose him b/c he's an idiot.
    Which is exactly what opponents of every politician, in the history of politics, have said. And, furthermore, is also the exact flaw that I'm pointing out.

We get shallow arguments like yours because people are too afraid to allow other people, who have opposing opinions, the chance to either succeed or fail, regardless of whether or not they are politically entitled to that chance. Meanwhile, the only people to benefit from that fear are the fear-mongering politicians who use it to maintain their (generally declining) level of power.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 06-27-2011 at 20:45.

Enchanting Information

-Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :

3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Rimayven View Post
    its their fault?
    Yes. For the most part, I mean Jesus they've blocked almost everything he's attempted to do. Politics the world round in petty, but from what I've seen from our cousions across the pond it's taken to a whole new level.

Which is exactly what opponents of every politician, in the history of politics, have said. And, furthermore, is also the exact flaw that I'm pointing out.

We get shallow arguments like yours because people are too afraid to allow other people, who have opposing opinions, the chance to either succeed or fail. Meanwhile, the only people to benefit from that fear are the fear-mongering politicians who use it to maintain their level of power.
    I don't think anyone (politician) has said that about Obama. I think most politicians are idiots.

What shallow argument? I presented no argument in my post.

There was nobody to stop him in his first two years except his own party. If he attempted something and failed, it was his own party that derailed it. Even they figured it would fail and did nothing as a result. That is the flaw in your argument that you choose to ignore.

^^This is 'an argument'.

And by fear-mongering, do you mean like the AARP ad pretending that Ryan's budget will hurt seniors? Even though his budget maintains the current system for everyone 55+ years old? That kind of fear-mongering?

Obama is facing nothing new that every recent president before him didn't face. Both parties act in the same manner. The difference is, he had a congressional majority for two years and did nothing.

EDIT - I found some change!

While traveling in Europe last month, Obama directed his staff in Washington to use an autopen to sign into law an extension of certain Patriot Act powers to fight terrorism.
    Last edited by StainlessSteelRat; 06-27-2011 at 21:19.

There was nobody to stop him in his first two years except his own party.
    I stopped reading right there. If you want to bury your head in the sand, then by all means, have at it.

Enchanting Information

-Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :

I stopped reading right there. If you want to bury your head in the sand, then by all means, have at it.
    My heads in the sand?...... lol

He only needed to convince 1 person in the Senate to gain a super-majority and avoid a filibuster. I don't think he needed any votes in Congress to get shit passed.

The GOP wasn't powerless but it wasn't in charge either. Everyone president in my lifetime got shit done w/o a congressional majority. He couldn't do it w/ a majority...........

Face it, he's no president b/c he's no leader; he's a bum and that's why nothing got done.

1000+

I think they oppose him b/c he's an idiot. Regardless, he had a majority in both houses for two years.

But if you're feeling the 'blame the GOP' excuse, go for it..........
    Not a filibuster proof majority. Read here.

Not that I am a big fan of Obama right now, but overall I am with Tenebrion on this one. Republicans were sore losers this round.