Page 1 of 8 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 108
  1. #1
    1000+
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nostalgia Land
    Posts
    1,576

    Default Barack Obama: dude where's my change?

    a question for NA forumfallers: what has Obama ever done for you?

    that guy has won a nobel prize but I don't hear anything else special about him.
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

  2. #2
    8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,727

    Default

    Maybe you should ask the Republicans why Obama hasn't achieved much?

    Most of what I've seen out of Obama as President is him trying to do something different, with Republicans dragging their heels and cock-blocking it because of their petty power struggles.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 06-27-2011 at 20:26.

    Enchanting Information

    Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

  3. #3
    1000+
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nostalgia Land
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    Maybe you should ask the Republicans why Obama hasn't achieved much?
    its their fault?
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

  4. #4
    10,000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    Maybe you should ask the Republicans why Obama hasn't achieved much?
    lol Is that gonna be the new excuse?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

  5. #5
    1000+
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Nostalgia Land
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    at least he got osama
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

  6. #6

    Default

    My change, and lots of dollars to go along with it, are in the hands of welfare recipients that would work instead if they weren't getting it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rimayven View Post
    at least he got osama
    Took credit for saying "ok" when our armed forces did all the work.
    Last edited by Abaratican; 06-27-2011 at 20:29.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exevos View Post
    nacitar has never used any (to my knowledge) exploit maneuvers, glitches, and/or bugs... He has always been adamant in his ways, ... having been totally legit since launch, a feat many of us have failed.

  7. #7
    8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    lol Is that gonna be the new excuse?
    It isn't the new excuse. It's the same fact that's been largely neglected since Obama's election. The right fights vehemently to oppose anything Obama tries to do that could be even remotely construed as non-Republican, and the American public suffers as a result.

    I'm sure if Ron Paul were in office right now, we'd be seeing the exact same shit from the exact same people.

    I mean, it's the same garbage we always see from political parties. Or are you going to tell me that there isn't a large group of politicians and Americans who adamantly oppose the President purely because of his affiliation?
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 06-27-2011 at 20:36.

    Enchanting Information

    Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

  8. #8
    10,000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    It isn't the new excuse. It's the same fact that's been largely neglected since Obama's election. The right fights vehemently to oppose anything he tries to do that could be even remotely construed as non-Republican, and the American public suffers as a result.

    It's the same shit as we always see from political parties. Or are you going to tell me that there isn't a large group of politicians and Americans who oppose Obama purely because he's a Democrat?
    I think they oppose him b/c he's an idiot. Regardless, he had a majority in both houses for two years.

    But if you're feeling the 'blame the GOP' excuse, go for it..........
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

  9. #9
    8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    I think they oppose him b/c he's an idiot.
    Which is exactly what opponents of every politician, in the history of politics, have said. And, furthermore, is also the exact flaw that I'm pointing out.

    We get shallow arguments like yours because people are too afraid to allow other people, who have opposing opinions, the chance to either succeed or fail, regardless of whether or not they are politically entitled to that chance. Meanwhile, the only people to benefit from that fear are the fear-mongering politicians who use it to maintain their (generally declining) level of power.
    Last edited by Tenebrion; 06-27-2011 at 20:45.

    Enchanting Information

    Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

  10. #10
    3000+
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    3,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rimayven View Post
    its their fault?
    Yes. For the most part, I mean Jesus they've blocked almost everything he's attempted to do. Politics the world round in petty, but from what I've seen from our cousions across the pond it's taken to a whole new level.

  11. #11
    10,000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    Which is exactly what opponents of every politician, in the history of politics, have said. And, furthermore, is also the exact flaw that I'm pointing out.

    We get shallow arguments like yours because people are too afraid to allow other people, who have opposing opinions, the chance to either succeed or fail. Meanwhile, the only people to benefit from that fear are the fear-mongering politicians who use it to maintain their level of power.
    I don't think anyone (politician) has said that about Obama. I think most politicians are idiots.

    What shallow argument? I presented no argument in my post.

    There was nobody to stop him in his first two years except his own party. If he attempted something and failed, it was his own party that derailed it. Even they figured it would fail and did nothing as a result. That is the flaw in your argument that you choose to ignore.

    ^^This is 'an argument'.

    And by fear-mongering, do you mean like the AARP ad pretending that Ryan's budget will hurt seniors? Even though his budget maintains the current system for everyone 55+ years old? That kind of fear-mongering?

    Obama is facing nothing new that every recent president before him didn't face. Both parties act in the same manner. The difference is, he had a congressional majority for two years and did nothing.

    EDIT - I found some change!

    While traveling in Europe last month, Obama directed his staff in Washington to use an autopen to sign into law an extension of certain Patriot Act powers to fight terrorism.
    Last edited by StainlessSteelRat; 06-27-2011 at 21:19.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

  12. #12
    8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    There was nobody to stop him in his first two years except his own party.
    I stopped reading right there. If you want to bury your head in the sand, then by all means, have at it.

    Enchanting Information

    Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

  13. #13
    10,000+ Long term follower
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    10,967

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrion View Post
    I stopped reading right there. If you want to bury your head in the sand, then by all means, have at it.
    My heads in the sand?...... lol

    He only needed to convince 1 person in the Senate to gain a super-majority and avoid a filibuster. I don't think he needed any votes in Congress to get shit passed.

    The GOP wasn't powerless but it wasn't in charge either. Everyone president in my lifetime got shit done w/o a congressional majority. He couldn't do it w/ a majority...........

    Face it, he's no president b/c he's no leader; he's a bum and that's why nothing got done.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

  14. #14
    1000+
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    I think they oppose him b/c he's an idiot. Regardless, he had a majority in both houses for two years.

    But if you're feeling the 'blame the GOP' excuse, go for it..........
    Not a filibuster proof majority. Read here.

    Not that I am a big fan of Obama right now, but overall I am with Tenebrion on this one. Republicans were sore losers this round.

  15. #15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •