Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Exclamation Subtle message from NASA that we are fu**ed!?

Some weeks ago someone here in forumfall mentioned in a joke post this ELENIN comet (http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/201...towards-earth/) ... but this starts to make me indeed wonder:

NASA - Headquarters Emergency Operations - Personal Family Preparedness Plan:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoBvDIlgiRQ

Last edited by DAA KAPUTTMACHA; 06-12-2011 at 20:22.

Arrow

Also lol at http://www.nasa.gov/centers/hq/emerg...ess/index.html
    Anyone else feels reminded on Fall Out by looking at these icons with the people and the cheesy slogan?

Wheres my pip boy...

Is there any reason not to be prepared for disasters that could potentially occur in your local area?

This NASA guy is just making the point that he noticed alot of families don't seem to have any plans in case of emergency... Nothing he says is suggesting a meteor impact or whatever. Its just common sense that you at least have some plans / supplies / knowledge on hand for things that could effect where you live. You live in the gulf region, be ready for huricanes. Flooding in the midwest... Earthquakes along the west coast. That sort of thing.

If a meteor/comet was coming to hit us, I actually doubt they would issue any sort of warning of ... to avoid panic that could make the event even worse.
    Last edited by Wonderboy2402; 06-13-2011 at 02:40.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

"That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy2402 View Post
    If a meteor/comet was coming to hit us, I actually doubt they would issue any sort of warning of ... to avoid panic that could make the event even worse.
    Nah, they just want to rich people to get away and live while we burn. What was that movie again....think it was "2012"? Although it wasn't a meteor/comet but still.

Anyway, even if Earth was to get hit by a meteor, I'm somewhat skeptical about the success of a bunker to protect it's resident. Doesn't seem...likely.
    Irenor Rainstone
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

I don't think the post about Elenin was a joke.

No one's sure about Elenin, but it has been linked to natural disasters as it aligns with certain bodies in our solar system. This is almost proven, essentially, that when alignments occur natural disasters follow.

Did you see the video in Japan of the blue flashing during the Earthquake? Obviously some sort electromagnetic energy that is tapped during a gravitational pull of a foreign celestial body's magnetic field, perhaps interfering with the native members of our solar system, including Earth.

The worry though, is that when this comet comes close to Earth and aligns in a certain way, the magnetic fields of Earth will be further weakened (They've been extremely weak for awhile now) and it will cause a massive disruption of the planet.

Basically, when you put one magnet near another, depending on the charges, the one magnet will repel away and turn around. This is basically what people are worried will happen when Elenin passes by; but since Earth is complex our magnetic field could also be weakened and cause us to be susceptible to coronal mass ejections (See: Carrington Event) which are due soon. Next year I believe. (They occur on 11 year cycles.. Carrington events are big ones, basically)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y196J86YrRU (Video of the light in Japan )
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake_light
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859
    http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1104/1104.2036.pdf Alignments, Earthquakes
    Last edited by GirlyMan; 06-13-2011 at 04:00.

1000+

Aye, despite all the conspiracy stuff about it being a fleet of alien ships or some god coming or whatever.. the actual info about its trajectory and effects on our magnetic fields are quite alarming. At least the possibilities of what might happen are.

My birthday is on september 26th..
    I cant say I'm looking forward to my head spinning with a hangover and the whole planet spinning in a new direction, the next day

:/
    E M P E R O R

1000+

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMan View Post
    Yeh, figured all the recent siesmic activity (earthquakes volcanos etc) were all related and one hell of a coincidence
    E M P E R O R

8000+ Long term follower Tenebrion's Avatar

In this thread: People who diminish the quality-level of the human gene pool.

Enchanting Information

Darkfall : It needs more cows
    -Lord Tenebrion
    The Mercenary Merchant :
    Most Powerful Man In Agon.

1000+

Its a big pool.
    Its quality level, if it were to have one, would be going up and down all the time.. never really going anywhere. Nothing to worry about.
    Best option would be to get out of the pool
    E M P E R O R

Well, it's funny to me. There's definitely a lot of disinformation (See: Theosophical Society) that tries to make everything into a sort of.. spiritual Armageddon.

You could actually research though, and find a lot truth buried beneath the mounds of garbage that people trying to make a buck are peddling.

Fact is, shit is happening. The Maya were probably the foremost experts on outer space that man has ever known. They are aware of something coming, and built pyramids to express it and wrote it down and passed it down.

The only question now.. it's not why, where, how, it's when. I'll be slightly disappointed myself if we make it past 2012 alive and well simply because I want humanity to go extinct, but it may be another 1,000 years before any ELE (Extinction Level Event) occurs.

If Elenin is intelligently controlled.. well that would be sweet, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMan View Post
    Well, it's funny to me. There's definitely a lot of disinformation (See: Theosophical Society) that tries to make everything into a sort of.. spiritual Armageddon.

You could actually research though, and find a lot truth buried beneath the mounds of garbage that people trying to make a buck are peddling.

Fact is, shit is happening. The Maya were probably the foremost experts on outer space that man has ever known. They are aware of something coming, and built pyramids to express it and wrote it down and passed it down.

The only question now.. it's not why, where, how, it's when. I'll be slightly disappointed myself if we make it past 2012 alive and well simply because I want humanity to go extinct, but it may be another 1,000 years before any ELE (Extinction Level Event) occurs.

If Elenin is intelligently controlled.. well that would be sweet, imo.
    oddball alert

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Blood View Post
    oddball alert
    Not really. I just have internet access and happen to not really like people.

But honestly, you want proof of something? You've never heard of the Cottingley Fairies hoax? Roswell? There's people who have an interest in getting you to believe a lie.

You don't believe the Mayan calender is one of the most mathematically complex creations ever created? Well you believed the earth was flat, the Mayans knew exactly how entire solar system operated.

I believe that people just like to think they'll be the generation to see it all end, in their lifetime.

But alot of shit has happened to the earth over millions of years... Pretty much humans are barely a bump on the road of Earth's History. But maybe humans might have some foresight to avoid our own extinction through preparation of a major extinction event, if we even see it is coming. And I actually worry more about that sort of event, whatever it maybe.

Or not.

There are days when I think to myself " Wow, look at the times I am living in." The internet, the crazy exponential growth of computer power, advancements in science that were sci fi only a few decades ago. Perhaps the pinnacle of human civilization (before the decline?) and on the cusp of serious awesome shit in the coming decades. It's sorta eerie the feeling...
    Last edited by Wonderboy2402; 06-13-2011 at 05:04.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

"That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."

8000+

Um....

7000+

some shotgun shells are getting lost when I read those threads.

PS: That link assumes Tyche exist. Whislt the majority of the scientific community calls hoax it's going to take until mid 2013 to be able to know if it even exists. oh yeah and it's supposedly 1 to 4 time the size of Jupiter making it impossible for a lifeforce to exist...
    Last edited by Ragnarok Delrhe; 06-13-2011 at 06:45.

Join us on Twitch or on our forums!