Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default @Before allow multi siege

sorry i cant post in player discussions yet.

in regards to portals they need to remove them from player cities and place them in Capitol Chaos cities to allow every one access to them and allow every one fair game on travel to sub conts.Do not add them to every chaos city. only a hand full need them. They should cost 3 portal shards each direction you go.

this will:
    add pvp hot spots
    add fair playing field
    fast travel that is possible added to the layer to sieging and allowing more sand in the box. (aka pay mercs to police the portal to keep some clans from joining in some sieges.) and ofc other ideas i am sure you all will come up with.
    This also makes players leave there player city to get to places but will also allow for fast travel.

Some rules i think need to go in with them in chaos cities.
    center area of the map. i think a new plateau should be made just for the center map portal some where around the mud swamp with medium mobs all around it to off set players just camping it constant.
    Ofc only one portal on each sub continent.

this works this way do to it still being lawless in each of these areas.
    lets be honest we need the portals but they need to be set in a way that does not allow players to hold all of them also they have to be placed in a way that promotes pvp, and player traveling out of there normal areas.

Think of these portals to become a tool for "sanboxy" type play as well as function. allow them to be used in a way that promotes players to choose to defend the use of or block the use of when multi sieging is in question.
    Last edited by Chris Windblade; 05-25-2011 at 16:00.
    Get the latest infodarkfallonline.com/uw/
    If you have account issues, please send an email to noaccount@aventurine.gr - This will create a support ticket directly to help Aventurine track your issue and resolve it.

Latest Videos

No.
    i mean hell no.
    Last edited by vanyok; 05-25-2011 at 16:18.
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    drinking gets in the way of my lifting

in regards to portal shards add weight to them make them weigh 300 burden.

soon you guys will have them take every thing in game out of game and you can just have a fps arena game with land . meh keep up the good work crew you guys wounder why no one wants to play.
    Last edited by Chris Windblade; 05-25-2011 at 16:27.
    If you have account issues, please send an email to noaccount@aventurine.gr - This will create a support ticket directly to help Aventurine track your issue and resolve it.

Latest Videos

Only one portal per island in a chaos city where anyone can bind.
    Did you even think this one through before you posted? Are you even subbed right now?

Im just going to sit naked with regs at the portal all day long debuffing and killing people who port in.

And 300kg? Wtf is wrong with you and your suggestions?
    So am I suppose to recall to bank every time I get a portal shard when farming for them? They're hard to get as it as...

We all want good things for DFO but sometimes Im really happy that AV doesnt listen to most of these suggestions.
    Last edited by vanyok; 05-25-2011 at 16:35.
    How to be Ray Pew[NA1]

My Videos Older vids

Quote Originally Posted by Tasos View Post
    drinking gets in the way of my lifting

yeah i played for 2 years 4 months i am not atm. and yeah i have thaught about it.

your saying your going to sit naked for hrs waiting for some one to come use the portal and maybe out of an 8 hr play time you may get lucky to see 5 players.
    altho on the other hand it may make me or some one like me to come farm regs from you. oh that would be pvp hot spot no ?

and yeh you can bind at a chaos stone and use the portal. i really dont see you staying there at all times because you will still want to go other places like your city when it gets attacked. the only one that would even be worth binding to would be the center chaos city and as i said i think the portal should not be in the city.

and yes i still think shards should be heavy and ye you should have to go bank when you get 1

Latest Videos

9000+

Remove them. Period
    Last edited by Keno; 05-25-2011 at 16:57.

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

thats not going to happen man you know that.
    not only did they spend money on dev of it they never remove any thing.

so may as well get over that point.
    they just need to move them around to better work as tools rather then a single clan portal system.

Latest Videos

9000+

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Windblade View Post
    thats not going to happen man you know that.
    not only did they spend money on dev of it they never remove any thing.

so may as well get over that point.
    they just need to move them around to better work as tools rather then a single clan portal system.
    Then the game will continue to decline if they do not make the proper changes.

Quote Originally Posted by shamer gamer View Post
    I grow things for my income so I have lots of free time to play DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongloads View Post
    This entire community used to defend Darkfall. It was like a forum full of Tibernicus's. Now, 95% of darkfall vets on forums are completely negative. Something tells me the blame doesn't lie with the community.

Normal User US1 Player

just remove any means of fast trasportation..

no runestones,
    no portal chambers,
    no bindstone recall,
    implement localized banks.
    halve the cost of ships,
    new mount with like a cost of 10 steedgrass, that has more speed than the bluetail.

Want to PVP all day? go to the middle of the map, live in a chaos city, or get a holding near your hated enemy.

Make the map seems big or just a big world like EVE, that you really need to travel.
    Last edited by mixplikt; 05-25-2011 at 18:11.
    Mixplikt, the half-brain ogre.

give me reason why you think it will decline since none of these have to do with most of the reason players left the game..

basically they have to choose to make the game one to two ways fast travel to appeal to the lazy players that don't want to spend 20 mins max to go from one side of the map to the other.

or appease players like me that really don't care if there is fast travel or not. most in this thread that the other say they don't want any fast travel. altho i would bet 1 million dollars you all use it ever day.
    You all are so quick to say get rid of a system in the game regardless if you think players did ask for it or not. I am willing to bet more players asked for it then not.

on top of that when i played i still very rarely seen any of you out running from city to city instead you would portal jump why its easy. so if they would make it to where its not as easy to use but still a possibility it wont be abused. like it is now and players will still have to travel to get to places. via mount. for at least 50% of the way to get to where they are going.

hell as far as it goes don't place them in Chaos cities place them in there own dungeon and have them guarded by void knight type mobs and have plenty of them in there so camping is not an easy task. have the dungeon more like a huge cave that does not have a portal entrance but large that you cant just walk in and boom your in.
    Last edited by Chris Windblade; 05-25-2011 at 18:53.

Latest Videos

I believe in a change like this, moving portals to these areas would be usefull.

Portals should be possible to build inside player cities aswel, BUT, if you do they would only grant access to a limited area, say one or two holding "distances" at a time. So none would be able to teleport out from sub continents unless they use the "Chaos Portal".

Another good addition would be having towers in chaos cities, however, these towers would treat everyone equal, and only when you deal damage would you alert them and then be fired at as if you turned rogue. So being at war wouldn't mater, neither would being good or evil.

The towers could be destroyed, but would be rebuilt in an hour or two.
    This would allow people to "Camp" the area, but only if enough people to sustain heal and siege equipments, something which would not be possible to do using simply siege hammers and grenades.

This would make Chaos Cities, fairly safe, but allow large groups to control them.

Quote Originally Posted by TradeCartel View Post
    I walk through the desolate NPC towns quite a bit and see obvious places where there's an Inn or an outdoor cafe, but I can't sit at the table with a group of adventurers in a tavern, have an ale, and share stories of my exploits
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSSzpsU_wdA

I have no problem with adding some portals to chaos cities, but taking them out of player cities would be just plain retarded.

If you think it's hard to find a decent PVP fight now, just wait until it's impossible for clans to port from one of their holdings to another to respond to an attack.

Normal User

Quote Originally Posted by mixplikt View Post

no runestones,
    no portal chambers,
    no bindstone recall,
    halve the cost of ships,
    new mount with like a cost of 10 steedgrass, that has more speed than the bluetail.

Want to PVP all day? go to the middle of the map, live in a chaos city, or get a holding near your hated enemy.

Make the map seems big or just a big world like EVE, that you really need to travel.
    this
    Wirindi Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by mixplikt View Post

no runestones,
    no portal chambers,
    no bindstone recall,
    halve the cost of ships,

instead of making mounts more and more expensive, make roads useful and add a speed bonus to it for bluetails
    Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Playing Darkfall is the most fun I've ever had on a computer with my pants zipped up and both hands on the desk.

7000+

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Remove them. Period
    this