Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Nooooooooooo!

  1. #1
    1000+
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,646
    AnarchAbolical Killers
    Quote Originally Posted by Aacevedo
    jajajajja , in my country "raja" is the name we give to the line formed by the ass cheeks :lmao:
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyraccoon
    That's actually pretty sexy.

  2. #2
    Normal User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    893

    Default

    They did it with Dragonball (Anyone actual remember or saw that)

    It probably made enough money for them to go hell yeah lets totally fuck something else up.
    ‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪‪Beradule Richthofen

  3. #3
    25,000+ xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    32,968

    Default

    One thing everyone needs to realize about this version is, unlike the anime, it actually is suppose to faithfully follow the Manga and will be done in 2 parts lasting appox 2hrs and 30mins each. Since the movie is being written, produced, and filmed in America and written and produced by Americans, it is actually easier to cast good American actors then importing Actors from Japan and making the movie in Japanese. Not only that, there a very few Japanese actors, here or Japan, than can act well in English and Americans, by an large, hate sub titles.

    And why would you bring up the Dragonball movie. It was crap, but it was produced and written to be crap that kids would like, just like Avatar (which is supposedly being redone). You should of brought up Blood: The Last Vampire which actually wasn't a bad interpretation of the movie.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread


    Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

  4. #4
    5000+
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Alfar Territories
    Posts
    5,178

    Default

    lets be honest the only reason theyre cutting it into two segments is to milk the fucking shit out of the pitiful moviegoers who will waste $20 a seat on this steaming pile of shit.
    Originally Posted by Daggermaniac
    The only DF player that I have expected of Aim Botting is Zato Ichi.

  5. #5
    25,000+ xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    32,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zato`1 View Post
    lets be honest the only reason theyre cutting it into two segments is to milk the fucking shit out of the pitiful moviegoers who will waste $20 a seat on this steaming pile of shit.
    I have no reason to believe that the writers and producers, who are actual anime fans and say they want to follow the manga, is only doing it in 2 parts to get money. That would be like saying the Lord of the Rings was done in 3 parts only because of money.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread


    Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

  6. #6
    5000+
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Alfar Territories
    Posts
    5,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    I have no reason to believe that the writers and producers, who are actual anime fans and say they want to follow the manga, is only doing it in 2 parts to get money. That would be like saying the Lord of the Rings was done in 3 parts only because of money.
    the director of twilight and harry potter are fans of the books

    look where that landed THAT crowd. $60 after concessions for most people just to see some **** with a $1000 haircut blurt out lines to a moderately attractive girl who cant act for shit.
    Originally Posted by Daggermaniac
    The only DF player that I have expected of Aim Botting is Zato Ichi.

  7. #7
    25,000+ xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    32,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zato`1 View Post
    the director of twilight and harry potter are fans of the books

    look where that landed THAT crowd. $60 after concessions for most people just to see some **** with a $1000 haircut blurt out lines to a moderately attractive girl who cant act for shit.
    And netted them millions and fans of the books actually enjoyed both. Harry Potter is actually pretty close to the books given the constraints (mainly time for each movie).

    All I'm saying is, before judging it, at least wait until the trailer comes out. People said Watchmen couldn't be done, but look at how well it turned out.
    Last edited by xpiher; 03-31-2011 at 03:16.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread


    Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

  8. #8
    1000+ Wonderboy2402's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Your Mother, USA
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    OMFG. I was mildly excited before about a live action adaptation... But this... The horror... the horror.

    Now set in New York.
    All Caucasian actors.
    All cast members TERRIBLE teen actors.

    Let me guess, no motor cycle gangs but maybe a bunch of emo vampire kids vs animalistic gang. And instead of being some convoluted genetic evolution plot that might confuse the audience we'll just make them mutants.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

    "That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."

  9. #9
    25,000+ xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    32,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy2402 View Post
    OMFG. I was mildly excited before about a live action adaptation... But this... The horror... the horror.

    Now set in New York.
    All Caucasian actors.
    All cast members TERRIBLE teen actors.

    Let me guess, no motor cycle gangs but maybe a bunch of emo vampire kids vs animalistic gang. And instead of being some convoluted genetic evolution plot that might confuse the audience we'll just make them mutants.
    The Script is adapted from the MANGA and is in 2 parts.
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread


    Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

  10. #10
    1000+ Wonderboy2402's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Your Mother, USA
    Posts
    1,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    The Script is adapted from the MANGA and is in 2 parts.
    Thank you. It will still be a train wreck.
    "Locked. Saying Scots have thievery in their genes is a no-no."

    "That's like being the best cripple in the special Olympics."

  11. #11
    25,000+ xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    32,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy2402 View Post
    Thank you. It will still be a train wreck.
    i doubt it
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread


    Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

  12. #12
    1000+
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,081

    Default

    It's a good story when it's set in Tokyo and it'll still be a good story with white actors and a New York setting. While Tokyo's destruction might have some kind of symbolism to a Japanese person, it means next to nothing to Americans. The fictional destruction of New York will have a much closer-to-intended impact on the audience than that of a foreign city. This is an American production meant for a primarily American audience - changing it into whities in New York helps us (as Americans) identify with the characters and events in the movie.

    That being said, it'll probably be another shitty action movie. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it's any more thought provoking than G.I. Joe.

  13. #13
    25,000+ xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    32,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mcap View Post

    That being said, it'll probably be another shitty action movie. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it's any more thought provoking than G.I. Joe.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    hen on November 7, 2010 it was reported that Morgan Freeman is taking the role of Colonel Shikishima.
    Come on you have to see it if for no other reason to see Morgan Freeman play another badass
    Turning Villages into Regional sources of Conflict and PvP hot Spots
    Xpiher's DF:UW Suggestion Thread


    Thanks AV for fixing safe zones. It seems like the danger levels you talked about before beta were enough! Now FIX VILLAGES!

  14. #14
    1000+
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    anything and everything
    go away
    AnarchAbolical Killers
    Quote Originally Posted by Aacevedo
    jajajajja , in my country "raja" is the name we give to the line formed by the ass cheeks :lmao:
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyraccoon
    That's actually pretty sexy.

  15. #15
    5000+
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Alfar Territories
    Posts
    5,178

    Default

    morgan freeman can bring up the quality of actors around him.... i know ill be one of those poor suckers who talks shit and sees it anyway >_<
    Originally Posted by Daggermaniac
    The only DF player that I have expected of Aim Botting is Zato Ichi.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •