Page 1 of 7 12 ... LastLast
    1000+

Default the great con job

AnarchAbolical Killers
    Quote Originally Posted by Aacevedo
    jajajajja , in my country "raja" is the name we give to the line formed by the ass cheeks :lmao:
    Quote Originally Posted by rockyraccoon
    That's actually pretty sexy.

Dylan Ratigan has always been one of the few people on MSNBC that I liked. Good on him for stepping up to the plate on the Fed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.

10,000+ Long term follower

Wow, I'm impressed.

He still fails to point out that it is gov't regulations/the Fed enabling and allowing the con to occur. The banks could not achieve anything on their own. When it comes down to it, what the banks did was simply good business. Borrow low, lend higher..... It's what they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Sparrow View Post
    99% of human resource offices are paid for by grants (non-tax dollars).

That Alan Grayson guy has awesome eyebrows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasos
    We’re sorry we couldn’t have more for you today, but on the bright side – nobody died.

Thanks for reading.
    Nitsud Rellim

5000+

Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    Wow, I'm impressed.

He still fails to point out that it is gov't regulations/the Fed enabling and allowing the con to occur. The banks could not achieve anything on their own. When it comes down to it, what the banks did was simply good business. Borrow low, lend higher..... It's what they do.
    A goverment doesn't just ''need'' money so it's obvious that they persisted people to do it this way...

Anyway it's a serious good story for American television, just wonder if this isn't too less and it will end up with noting.

Quote Originally Posted by sc0r0wnz View Post
    A goverment doesn't just ''need'' money so it's obvious that they persisted people to do it this way..
    Of course gov't needs money, but that's irrelevant to my point.

The banks could not do this on their own. Gov't had to facilitate, gov't had to provide the implicit and explicit guarantee that all loans would be secured by tax dollars or the banks would not have played the game. In other words, going after the banks and/or their CEOs is fruitless. It's our gov't that created the system and the moral hazard of guarantees that caused the bubble. It's gov't that dealt the cards, the banks just played the hand they were dealt. (Which is not to say that the banks did not attempt to influence gov't, of course they did.)
    If 3/4 of all the money spent on defense was diverted into education funds, public school would be dirt cheap

5000+

I think you are thinking the wrong way arround... Bankers aren't stupid they know if they get cash flows to goverment that you can control the country... (look at mainstream media for eksample). Since they are the ones who can actually loan the goverment they can take it step to step further... The phase pretty much started when companies where seen as ''person''.

Of course, when you give the government the power to regulate business, you give business an interest in government.

We need separation of economy and state.

Quote Originally Posted by sc0r0wnz View Post
    I think you are thinking the wrong way arround... Bankers aren't stupid they know if they get cash flows to goverment that you can control the country... (look at mainstream media for eksample). Since they are the ones who can actually loan the goverment they can take it step to step further... The phase pretty much started when companies where seen as ''person''.
    You are still putting the cart in front of the horse, not me.

Bankers can't control gov't unless gov't implements a system that allows it. Hint hint: Federal Reserve plus campaign contributions.

Companies being seen as a 'person' is, again, gov't enabling banks. Gov't has to open the door. Banks can push and nudge but they can't break in; the door is opened from the inside.

8000+

Quote Originally Posted by Rokstarr View Post
    Of course, when you give the government the power to regulate business, you give business an interest in government.

I'm detecting a habit with your posting. It involves not understanding what you are talking about mixed with naive idealized philosophies of how the world should work.

I could go down a list of how removing all government intervention from the economy would send us back a hundred years economically and make us a second rate power, so I'll start with the most glaringly obvious problem with that: Monopoly. How do you stop it without government, and don't give me that boycott bullshit, some things can't be boycotted, somethings won't be boycotted, and economies of scale are too big of a problem to just be flat out ignored and left to the will of the free market. Your rebuttal please.

Of course, when you give people the power to interact with people, you give people an interest in other people.

We need separation of people and people.

I was right. It does sound stupid both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Vertigo View Post
    Monopoly.
    No entity in the history of the world has ever achieved a monopoly without government assistance. Those who have tried to corner markets have failed, or bankrupted themselves trying.

Regardless - if my choice is between a corporation and government, I'll take the corporation. They can't stick a gun in my face to compel me to give them my money.

No entity in the history of the world has ever achieved a monopoly without government assistance. Those who have tried to corner markets have failed, or bankrupted themselves trying.

Regardless - if my choice is between a corporation and government, I'll take the corporation. They can't stick a gun in my face to compel me to give them my money.
    Why can't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Reigngod View Post
    Deductive reasoning has noing to do with logic. In fact deductive reasoning is illogical. Go define logic and come back to the discussion an educated man.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    Of course, when you give person A the power to use force against person B under the color of law, you give person B an interest in influencing person A.

We need separation of people and people.

I was right. It does sound stupid both ways.
    Does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by PirateGlen View Post
    Why can't they?
    For clarity: They can't stick a gun in my face and call it the law.